Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by fishonjazz View Post
    My guess would be: Kennykyle, zmann (?), franklin, or cyrone
    Not me buddy boy, I am all if favor of seeing Ty, Al, and Sap gone. Go with they youngsters and see where it goes. Get a HC who is a HC, not somebody trying to figure it out on the fly who may likely fail.

But after listening to Dennis Lindsey on 1280 yesterday, I do not see it happening. The words that stood out from him were patience, persistence, tradition, Jerry Sloan, etc etc. He seemed to buy into completely everything the Jazz were doing before he got here. I was hoping to hear some of Pops and rings and changes and modern winning basketball. Doomed to mediocrity.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by GVC View Post
    Millsap thrives moving off the ball on the baseline and free throw line extended. Unfortunately, with Al and Mo handling the ball, there's really no reason for him to continue searching for space, as no one's going to find him. You still see him, from time to time, making really smart passes from the high post and short corner, but he's forcing the issue far too much. If this team acquired a point guard who had half a clue in the halfcourt and moved Jefferson, I think we'd see Millsap's attitude and efficiency get a lot better. Since Deron was traded, Millsap's been called upon to be more of an iso scorer, which is just plain stupid. You also see him not committing fully in help defense, but on many occasions, it seems as though he's hedging against passes, as he's not confident anyone (Jefferson) will help the helper.

With all that said, Millsap needs to play his game, continue to run the floor, take shots in the flow of the offense (whatever that is), and commit in help defense (if Jefferson hangs him out to dry, so be it). If he doesn't make the right decisions/plays, especially if/when the Jazz move Jeffy and start executing their offense competently (which might take a new point guard), he should be moved as well. Millsap at his best is a smart, efficient team basketball player. Hopefully the last two years haven't ruined him for good.

Good post.

I believe Al on our team is making a lot of people look bad. I really wish the FO could see this and get off their asses and move Al already. Its pretty sad when the fan base can see things before you can.

This is just like the Boozer drama thing. So many people could see how freaking crappy Boozer was, but the Jazz FO refused to see it. Now that Boozer plays in a big market everyone can see all his flaws, and now the league knows what an over paid scrub he is. Its the same thing with Jefferson. If Jefferson were to play on the Bulls right now, he'd be riding the bench and attracting rumors of amnesty just like Boozer is.

The Jazz coaching and FO just has to get smarter about this. Boozer is one thing, but to make the same mistake right after you just made your first one is just stupid. This time around should be much easier for them, but apparently its not.

I'm jus' one dem guys...come, scrap, blue collar, junkyard dog
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Boozer was a hell of a lot better than Jefferson.
    http://jazzfanz.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=133&dateline=1317382587

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    If that is not the most incriminating thing that you can say about Jefferson then I don't know what is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

Ill agree. He knew how to play offense better, and was a lot smarter on the offensive end. But their lack of effort on defense is very similar.

But ya, as much as it pains me to say, I would rather have Boozer. But I dont want either one.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Hack View Post
    Ill agree. He knew how to play offense better, and was a lot smarter on the offensive end. But their lack of effort on defense is very similar.

But ya, as much as it pains me to say, I would rather have Boozer. But I dont want either one.
    Al's probably better in an iso offense, he's been healthier in his time with the Jazz than Boozer was, and he can defend the 5 better than Boozer can. In team O and transition O, Boozer is ridiculously superior to Jefferson. Neither has a clue how to be effective team or transition defenders.

Izmir, Turkey and somewhere in Eastern Europe
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    It's a bit late for some of the fanz here to agree with the idea about youngsters and coach but still glad most of fanz come along about it. Last year they gotta get minutes and we gotta have seen which of them are ready to for this year but Corbin couldn't show any signs that he has balls. This year it's the same story over and over. It's even painful to see other youngsters showing lots of potential and have more chances than ours such as Derrick williams, Tristan Thompson,Brandon Knight,Monroe etc. As we've been guessing end of the season, no chance to go ahead in playoffs so why is it so difficult to find the right solution? Just let youngsters play and close the door for the Big Al. Millsap's gotta stay if he accepts the backup role.
    Che: I have got two things "freedom and death." If I can not have one, i wish to have the other; because noone is able to capture me alive

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by illyasova View Post
    It's even painful to see other youngsters showing lots of potential and have more chances than ours such as Derrick williams, Tristan Thompson,Brandon Knight,Monroe etc.
    We'll have to see how many minutes Williams gets once Kevin Love comes back. TT, Knight and Monroe play for garbage teams going nowhere; the Cavs and Pistons should not be the model the Jazz FO strives to copy.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    It's funny because when the whole Boozer ordeal happened, he wanted out and a lot of teams wanted him. It's the complete opposite with Big Al. He's completely comfortable here cashing his check, being fat, and bein lazy. Nobody wants him badly enough

Izmir, Turkey and somewhere in Eastern Europe
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    We'll have to see how many minutes Williams gets once Kevin Love comes back. TT, Knight and Monroe play for garbage teams going nowhere; the Cavs and Pistons should not be the model the Jazz FO strives to copy.
    I do not mean it as a model, it's just what it's. It was same in last year and still nothing has changed. If jazz organization is hoping to dominate in playoffs it's just a dream will never come true. Some fanz thinks playoff experience is valuable for the youngsters right? Yeah but how many matches and minutes? So as i mentioned the names of other team's youngsters, they'll escape their garbage teams in near future versus of the jazz and then some fanz will be saying we should have drafted derrick or Tristan over Kanter etc. It's just wrong
    Che: I have got two things "freedom and death." If I can not have one, i wish to have the other; because noone is able to capture me alive

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by illyasova View Post
    some fanz will be saying we should have drafted derrick or Tristan over Kanter etc. It's just wrong
    No one is gong to say that. Kanter is clearly a better prospect than TT or Williams.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I would have dealt Jefferson for Kaman (nothing) before the deadline last year preemptively, even though conventional wisdom at the time suggested we could 'get more' for Jefferson. The bad news is that the front office hasn't/won't/refuses to acknowledge this and we plan to keep on keepin' on.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by pickledXgrandma View Post
    It's funny because when the whole Boozer ordeal happened, he wanted out
    There is zero evidence that is true. Unless you provide it.

Boozer came back to the Jazz when he got his offer sheet with Chicago and gave them a chance to match (or exceed in some way, probably). That's how the trade exception talks started.
    Quote Originally Posted by every forum dreg
    I think he can play SF

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by NUMBERICA View Post
    There is zero evidence that is true. Unless you provide it.

Boozer came back to the Jazz when he got his offer sheet with Chicago and gave them a chance to match (or exceed in some way, probably). That's how the trade exception talks started.
    The way I remember it is he agreed to a deal with Chicago then after they were kind enough to do a trade.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I would rather have had the young guys gotten more minutes last year and us having added Barnes (or whomever) to the team. I can say that, since it's not hindsight .. but rather recalling the foresight.
    #dumptruckin