Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 36

Thread: Silver Linings

  1. #1
    Senior Member NUMBERICA's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    13,395
    Total Rep Points
    15837
    Rep Adjustment Power
    71

    Silver Linings

    I've already mentioned this several times:

    -If the Jazz suck, they will be forced to change course, and that likely means finding a way to increase the young guys' chances.
    -If Millsap continues on this path, his market value will drop, and bringing him off the bench this year (or eventually) would become a lot easier. I'd love to keep him, and I've always said he'd be most ideal as an annual 6MOTY candidate.
    -Draft picks???
    -If Marvin Williams continues to suck, the money he's supposed to make isn't bad enough to force the Jazz to make a dumb move, and it's not our money.
    -If the vets are all fat to be trimmed, they're almost all expiring after this year.

    I'm not rooting for bad things to happen, but I'm not sad when the vets suck and the Jazz get embarrassed if the younguns look good.

    Ty isn't getting fired though. Get that right out of your heads. Which is unfortunate because while ultimately the onus is on the players in these situations, he has pretty much blown it with every single player issue that we know about. I'm worried that Burks is getting poisoned but we'll see.

    Whatever the case, I just hope the Jazz find their path sooner than later. However that has to happen. But I think the answer has been staring at them in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by every forum dreg
    I think he can play SF

  2. #2
    Freelance Sperm Donor Siro's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    4,041
    Total Rep Points
    9478
    Rep Adjustment Power
    48
    The situation was almost identical last season. And look where it got us. How many years must we wait before the "embarrassments" force the team to do what they should be doing anyway? I'm just angry with the general situation and no amount of hope or excuses can make it feel better. This is a travesty. The youth must play like gods reincarnates to earn 25 minutes, while the vets can do whatever the **** they want. And it has been over a season of this. **** this ****.

  3. #3
    Freelance Sperm Donor Siro's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    4,041
    Total Rep Points
    9478
    Rep Adjustment Power
    48
    I'm also annoyed with the ups and downs of opinions that come with winning and losing. I don't give a flying **** if we beat the Heat on the road by 50 points. It doesn't make any difference. I'm not interested in a possible first round exit at the expense of wasting high lottery picks that other teams would kill to have. There should be zero discussion about road woes or the details of wins and losses. They are irrelevant. Favors should be getting ~30 mpg and Kanter at least 22. I bet you can attract interest if you packaged Al with Burks for some filler big and lottery picks.

  4.  

     

  5. #4
    Senior Member NUMBERICA's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    13,395
    Total Rep Points
    15837
    Rep Adjustment Power
    71
    Bear in mind the Jazz turned the conversation on NBA superstars/franchise players upside-down by preemptively trading theirs when they were about to crash into a mountain. They handled the Brewer and Memo situations beautifully as well. The Jazz just need enough evidence. So far, this team has been basically a disaster, despite playing a mostly tough schedule.

    The key might be some home losses to bad teams. Which I'm not sure will happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by every forum dreg
    I think he can play SF

  6. #5
    Senior Member Fakers Luck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    371
    Total Rep Points
    497
    Rep Adjustment Power
    17
    I endorse this thread.
    BPA DL ASAP

  7. #6
    Senior Member ClLUTClH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Going H.A.M.
    Posts
    1,092
    Total Rep Points
    1156
    Rep Adjustment Power
    13
    I still think the biggest problem is the motivator (the coach). I don't know if he (Corbin) realized this or not, but he's the head coach.. and he needs to start acting like one. If someone's having a bad night (JEFFERSON!) let someone else (FAVORS!! KANTER!!) go out there and make things happen for you.

  8. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,461
    Total Rep Points
    749
    Rep Adjustment Power
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by NUMBERICA View Post
    I've already mentioned this several times:

    -If the Jazz suck, they will be forced to change course, and that likely means finding a way to increase the young guys' chances.
    -If Millsap continues on this path, his market value will drop, and bringing him off the bench this year (or eventually) would become a lot easier. I'd love to keep him, and I've always said he'd be most ideal as an annual 6MOTY candidate.
    -Draft picks???
    -If Marvin Williams continues to suck, the money he's supposed to make isn't bad enough to force the Jazz to make a dumb move, and it's not our money.
    -If the vets are all fat to be trimmed, they're almost all expiring after this year.

    I'm not rooting for bad things to happen, but I'm not sad when the vets suck and the Jazz get embarrassed if the younguns look good.

    Ty isn't getting fired though. Get that right out of your heads. Which is unfortunate because while ultimately the onus is on the players in these situations, he has pretty much blown it with every single player issue that we know about. I'm worried that Burks is getting poisoned but we'll see.

    Whatever the case, I just hope the Jazz find their path sooner than later. However that has to happen. But I think the answer has been staring at them in the face.
    Nice post but kind of lead linings rather than silver. The vets have to suck even more than they already suck for the coaches and management to acknowledge that they suck? Sumpin wrong with that.

    It seems like every single commentator I hear on radio or TV gushes over Favors and say he should start and/or get lots of minutes. Why cannot Ty see it?

  9. #8
    Freelance Sperm Donor Siro's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    4,041
    Total Rep Points
    9478
    Rep Adjustment Power
    48
    Did you guys know there's a game in a few hours? No game thread or anything. I must not be the only one who completely lost interest.

    GO PHOENIX!

  10. #9
    High Definition Gameface's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10,222
    Total Rep Points
    3856
    Rep Adjustment Power
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by SiroMar View Post
    Did you guys know there's a game in a few hours? No game thread or anything. I must not be the only one who completely lost interest.

    GO PHOENIX!
    For real. wake me up when there's a shake up to the starting line-up, Al gets traded or Corbin gets fired. Until then there is nothing compelling about this team.

  11. #10
    High Definition Gameface's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10,222
    Total Rep Points
    3856
    Rep Adjustment Power
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by zman1527 View Post
    Nice post but kind of lead linings rather than silver. The vets have to suck even more than they already suck for the coaches and management to acknowledge that they suck? Sumpin wrong with that.

    It seems like every single commentator I hear on radio or TV gushes over Favors and say he should start and/or get lots of minutes. Why cannot Ty see it?
    I disagree. The Jazz are not an emotional and reactionary team. Us fans are, for sure. And maybe that gets us to the sad facts sooner in some cases, but in general it's not the way you want your pro sports team to operate. Just because Lindsey hasn't thrown a fit on TV doesn't mean he isn't well aware of all the things posters on this board assume he's oblivious to.

  12. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,461
    Total Rep Points
    749
    Rep Adjustment Power
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameface View Post
    I disagree. The Jazz are not an emotional and reactionary team. Us fans are, for sure. And maybe that gets us to the sad facts sooner in some cases, but in general it's not the way you want your pro sports team to operate. Just because Lindsey hasn't thrown a fit on TV doesn't mean he isn't well aware of all the things posters on this board assume he's oblivious to.
    Did you hear Lindsey yesteray on 1280? It was not encouraging. He was all about patience, and persistence and Jazz tradition and tough players. I was hoping to more about changes and Spurs ways of doing things and getting rings, not the same ole same ole.

  13. #12
    High Definition Gameface's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10,222
    Total Rep Points
    3856
    Rep Adjustment Power
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by zman1527 View Post
    Did you hear Lindsey yesteray on 1280? It was not encouraging. He was all about patience, and persistence and Jazz tradition and tough players. I was hoping to more about changes and Spurs ways of doing things and getting rings, not the same ole same ole.
    I didn't hear it, but I'm glad our FO doesn't do drama.

  14. #13
    Senior Member GVC's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    I'm jus' one dem guys...come, scrap, blue collar, junkyard dog
    Posts
    6,259
    Total Rep Points
    11674
    Rep Adjustment Power
    56
    What's he supposed to say?

    "We're looking to ship out our vets ASAP to try to build a winning team a la San Antonio"?

    Wouldn't that hurt the trade value of the players we'd like to unload? Dude's not going to put all his cards on the table for the other 29 FO's to see before he has to.
    http://jazzfanz.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=133&dateline=1317382587

  15. #14
    Senior Member orangello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Draft BPA
    Posts
    13,726
    Total Rep Points
    16443
    Rep Adjustment Power
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by zman1527 View Post
    Did you hear Lindsey yesteray on 1280? It was not encouraging. He was all about patience, and persistence and Jazz tradition and tough players. I was hoping to more about changes and Spurs ways of doing things and getting rings, not the same ole same ole.
    Jefferson is the furthest thing from tough a player can be. Doesn't like contact, gets punked by midget PG's and all but gives up with some teams (remember the comment he made about the Spurs before the playoffs started?).
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

  16. #15
    Senior Member spycam1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Drinking your milkshake!
    Posts
    12,000
    Total Rep Points
    24388
    Rep Adjustment Power
    96
    Agree with NUMB and Siro on everything.

    Here's the key question, though: how much more sucking will it take to convince the franchise to move forward with the youth movement? I'm worried they'll continue this vet crap all the way till the trade deadline, even if we continue to lose...and lose bad.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •