Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Silver Linings

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by zman1527 View Post
    Did you hear Lindsey yesteray on 1280? It was not encouraging. He was all about patience, and persistence and Jazz tradition and tough players. I was hoping to more about changes and Spurs ways of doing things and getting rings, not the same ole same ole.
    They will always say the PC thing in public. Gameface is right about not wanting a reactionary organization running the show. But we also don't need a passionless organization that is happy contending for a playoffs spot while averting any risk to their bottom line. That's what it's starting to look like.

Ideally, Favors and Kanter (and preferablly Burks) should have seen increased minutes throughout the previous season, priming Favors for a starting role this season. Instead, we have two 3rd picks with exceptional talent who are watching on the sideline while a "veteran" gets 30 mpg while averaging 11 points on 40% FG% and playing no defense. I cannot think of anything more baffling. If this is what not being reactionary is all about, then no thanks, you can keep it. I got better things to do.

I'm jus' one dem guys...come, scrap, blue collar, junkyard dog
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by orangello View Post
    (remember the comment he made about the Spurs before the playoffs started?).
    If it's the comment I think you're referring to, it wasn't made until after Game 3 IIRC. Still not good.
    http://jazzfanz.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=133&dateline=1317382587

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by spycam1 View Post
    Agree with NUMB and Siro on everything.

Here's the key question, though: how much more sucking will it take to convince the franchise to move forward with the youth movement? I'm worried they'll continue this vet crap all the way till the trade deadline, even if we continue to lose...and lose bad.
    Maybe the road heavy schedule in the month of November is he best thing for the franchise. If the Jazz come out of the month with 3 to 7 wins then I can see something changing, expecially if Favors and Kanter keep playing like they did last night.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Rep Level
    Dear Coach Corbin

I have never ever seen a basketball player chumping in the chest of his head coach. This shows a lot about your situation. You are not really respected and you have not been able to prove much improvement as a head coach. It's not like you are leading and guiding this team, it's the opposite: the players dictate what you have to do.

You don't have the balls and this tough mentality a head coach should have. You should have some distance to your players and not be their best buddy. We need an experienced and intelligent coach that has balls and decides wiser and is not afraid to bench veterans and distribute the minutes to players who actually deserve it. Coach, you are not putting us in the best position to win if you continue to ignore the leaps that our young guys have made during this offseason.

I want a coach that is fair and does not only look at the years a player has been in this league and how big his contract is. If Favors and Kanter even outplay Jefferson and Millsap in the practice, accept it! Have some confidence Coach Corbin (an not 'Coach Ty', as Karl Malone mentioned how your players should not call you) and show them who the boss is! But I doubt that you have the mentality, philosophy and confidence to lead this current Jazz group.

Thank you for all what you have done for this Jazz Organization. You are a classy person and you will be always remembered. We appreciate your work. While I respect you as a person, I think it's time to move on. Thank you for making the Playoffs last year which not many people would have expected. Finally, I'm sorry for my vulgar expressions above but that's how I currently feel.

I wish you nothing but the best for the future.

Regards,

A Jazz fan from Switzerland

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by GVC View Post
    If it's the comment I think you're referring to, it wasn't made until after Game 3 IIRC. Still not good.
    You're probably right. I just remember him completely giving up through the media.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

I'm jus' one dem guys...come, scrap, blue collar, junkyard dog
    Rep Level
    You're probably right. I just remember him completely giving up through the media.
    http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba...185955935.html
    http://jazzfanz.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=133&dateline=1317382587

Rep Level
    Maybe the road heavy schedule in the month of November is he best thing for the franchise. If the Jazz come out of the month with 3 to 7 wins then I can see something changing, expecially if Favors and Kanter keep playing like they did last night.
    I hope you're right.

Getting this franchise to commit to the youth movement is like trying to feed a baby. JUST EAT THE FOOD!!! You don't need to wait till you're dying of starvation to take a bite.

Rep Level
    What's he supposed to say?

"We're looking to ship out our vets ASAP to try to build a winning team a la San Antonio"?

Wouldn't that hurt the trade value of the players we'd like to unload? Dude's not going to put all his cards on the table for the other 29 FO's to see before he has to.
    No, and my post and his interview were not about that nor supposed to be about that. I completely understand that you have to play your cards close to your vest. The parts that I heard had nothing about trades and rotations and at all, they did not go there.

But what I did hear gave me no silver lining at all. What I heard is that he has bought in 100% to the Jazz system and the Jazz tradition. I was hoping a new GM might bring in some new ideas and new traditions and heard none of that, not even a hint.

First BF League CHAMP nightmare3983's Avatar
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SiroMar View Post
    Did you guys know there's a game in a few hours? No game thread or anything. I must not be the only one who completely lost interest.

GO PHOENIX!
    Not a lack of interest on my part, just a lack of time.

Rep Level
    Nice post but kind of lead linings rather than silver. The vets have to suck even more than they already suck for the coaches and management to acknowledge that they suck? Sumpin wrong with that.

It seems like every single commentator I hear on radio or TV gushes over Favors and say he should start and/or get lots of minutes. Why cannot Ty see it?
    Ty actually has to be the guy that has to deal with whatever player drama. And we all know that he has not the slightest clue how to handle that.
    Quote Originally Posted by every forum dreg
    I think he can play SF

Rep Level
    Did you hear Lindsey yesteray on 1280? It was not encouraging. He was all about patience, and persistence and Jazz tradition and tough players. I was hoping to more about changes and Spurs ways of doing things and getting rings, not the same ole same ole.
    Because the Spurs aren't the most stable franchise in the NBA or anything...
    Quote Originally Posted by every forum dreg
    I think he can play SF

Rep Level
    I'm just pissed we are this bad on the road still. It's not like our starters are that young, they just have no idea how to actually play when things aren't going 100% perfect.

Rep Level
    ....I guess when you have a roster full of bad players, you can only get rid of so many of them at once, right? The Jazz unloaded a bunch of bad players before this season started...but to remain a viable NBA team they have to fill a roster with 12 players! So we got rid of 6 or 7 bad players, and now we just have to wait one more year to get rid of the other 6 or so bad players! In theory, that is.

Rep Level
    I'm not ready to admit Marvin Williams is a bad player.

Rep Level
    What's he supposed to say?

"We're looking to ship out our vets ASAP to try to build a winning team a la San Antonio"?
    Wouldn't that be awesome? Even if it were to an extreme that is detrimental on the other end of the spectrum, then at least we'd have acknowledgement. Right now, obviously we can't judge their acknowledgement based on their words. That leaves us, however, with our only assessment being their actions. Their actions testify to the notion of 'no acknowledgement' and, generally, having very poor insight.

Wouldn't that hurt the trade value of the players we'd like to unload? Dude's not going to put all his cards on the table for the other 29 FO's to see before he has to.
    Continuing the status quo is laying your cards on the table for the 29 other FOs.