Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    I'm jus' one dem guys...come, scrap, blue collar, junkyard dog
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by billyshelby View Post
    As Tinsley proved tonight, 'starting caliber' is less the goal than any PG with the mindset of being a Pg. Although Mo won't ever have Tinsley's vision, he could still play like a PG trying to set the team up and picking his spots. What killed me tonight was watching Tinsley consistently find bigs down low or shooters on drive and kicks. Mo so rarely does that.
    We're going to disagree on this. Mo doesn't have that ability. Watching him run pick and rolls is painful, even when he tries to pass. As soon as he puts the ball on the floor, he's decided what he's going to do with it. He doesn't see the floor well enough or think the game fast enough to be able to make quick reads and make precise passes to exploit seams in the defense. That's not something he's going to figure out at this point in his career.
    http://jazzfanz.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=133&dateline=1317382587

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Marvin is a terrible, terrible post player. His ONE move is the fadeaway. And that's probably the worst shot in basketball. He has never once posted and gone TOWARD the basket. If you can't go toward the basket on a post, you should NEVER post.
    He's not an offensive post player, and that's why both the Jazz and the Hawks have used him in the post. He's an excellent passer out of the post, and has a very high court vision out of the post position, and that's always been the case.
    Like I said.... it makes opposing defenses wonder what the hell is going on with a play like that.
    "If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by candrew View Post
    It's on him - no doubt. But it also can't help your confidence when you have a great pre-season and the coach decides to reward you by giving you 2 minutes in the first 3 games.
    As Jerry Sloan used to say all the time. "the player needs to be ready to play at all times when and if your number is called, and Burks isn't keeping himself prepared from the looks of things. Right now his biggest strength is getting in the lane and getting to the foul line, but if you can't make your foul shots what's the damn point. Right now there are better options then Burks. It's not Ty's fault Burks has confidence issues or whatever it is. If anything he is having a bad attitude about his time on the court and it's affecting his play.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by GVC View Post
    We're going to disagree on this. Mo doesn't have that ability. Watching him run pick and rolls is painful, even when he tries to pass. As soon as he puts the ball on the floor, he's decided what he's going to do with it. He doesn't see the floor well enough or think the game fast enough to be able to make quick reads and make precise passes to exploit seams in the defense. That's not something he's going to figure out at this point in his career.
    We do agree on this. Completely. I'm not sure what I said that disagrees with this, but you just said exactly what I think.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSilencer1313 View Post
    He's not an offensive post player, and that's why both the Jazz and the Hawks have used him in the post. He's an excellent passer out of the post, and has a very high court vision out of the post position, and that's always been the case.
    Like I said.... it makes opposing defenses wonder what the hell is going on with a play like that.
    He is NOT a good passer at all, in any situation. He's not good in the post, he's not a good ballhandler, and he's not a very good player. Maybe that will change, but that's what the first 6 games say.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    He is NOT a good passer at all, in any situation. He's not good in the post, he's not a good ballhandler, and he's not a very good player. Maybe that will change, but that's what the first 6 games say.
    Well now it all makes sense. So you're judging Marvin's NBA passing career by his first 6 games with the Jazz?
    For one thing, Corbin doesn't know how to use Marvin yet and he's still creating opportunities for himself and his teammates.
    Marvin has always been known for his passing out of the post, and scouters have been saying that for years.
    "If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

I'm jus' one dem guys...come, scrap, blue collar, junkyard dog
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    [Mo] could still play like a PG trying to set the team up and picking his spots. What killed me tonight was watching Tinsley consistently find bigs down low or shooters on drive and kicks. Mo so rarely does that.
    Mo isn't a floor general, he doesn't have a good sense of spacing or pace. Dude's probably been the Jazz's most consistently competitive player this season, but no amount of trying is going to change the way he sees/plays the game of basketball.

Maybe I misread that part of your post.
    http://jazzfanz.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=133&dateline=1317382587

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Dude reminds me strongly of Bryon Russel. Best wing defender on the team, fairly solid shot, professional attitude, doesn't expect a lot of plays run for him.
    "I'm a moron for thinking the Browns could even sniff 10 wins in a division where the other three teams (two of whom almost always make the playoffs) made the post-season last year. Gyp Rosetti's thee God of football knowledge." - Brown Notes

First BF League CHAMP nightmare3983's Avatar
    The dark void between summer league and training camp
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by JJAS View Post
    I was about to punch the screen of my computer with Tinsley in. His pace was absurdly slow, and he never pushed the ball at all. He can't score or defend. The fact that Al had a good game, was about the only reason Tinsley had as many assists as he did. Toward the end of the game, Phoenix had figured out that they don't need to guard Tinsley, so we were playing 4 on 5. I'm all for 18, 7 vs 0, 14.
    Come on now, we wouldn't have seen Favors' behind the back dribble and layup if Tinsley hadn't thrown a quick outlet pass.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown Notes View Post
    Dude reminds me strongly of Bryon Russel. Best wing defender on the team, fairly solid shot, professional attitude, doesn't expect a lot of plays run for him.
    Perfect comparison. The Jazz FO knew what they were doing when they traded Harris for Marvin, and he's exactly the team player/defender that a young team needs moving ahead in the playoffs.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmare3983 View Post
    Come on now, we wouldn't have seen Favors' behind the back dribble and layup if Tinsley hadn't thrown a quick outlet pass.
    Tinsley was a breath of fresh air to watch, and it's something the Jazz only wish they could get on a consistent basis. It's unfortunate that Tinsley isn't still a little younger, and had more in the tank.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Paul Millsap 30 mins
    Al Jefferson 37 mins

Favors 16 mins
    Kanter 11 mins

sigh...
    Lakers Suck.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Again Big Al with a great game at home against average bigs. He played good no doubt, but he needs to do this on the road against elite
    teams if he is going to be our leader (Favors as well).
    "Hayward can be a #1?"......"Maybe if he goes down to Fort Wayne...DLeague" -ESPN

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolution 9 View Post
    Again Big Al with a great game at home against average bigs. He played good no doubt, but he needs to do this on the road against elite
    teams if he is going to be our leader (Favors as well).
    Isn't Gortat considered to be one of the better defensive big men in the league?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrone Torbin View Post
    Isn't Gortat considered to be one of the better defensive big men in the league?
    i believe he leads the league in blocked shots per game