Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by fishonjazz View Post
    i believe he leads the league in blocked shots per game
    Yes he does.

http://www.nba.com/statistics/player...xp=-1&splitDD=

Favors is #10 and a surprising #11, MKG!
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Jefferson for Gortat!!!

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrone Torbin View Post
    Isn't Gortat considered to be one of the better defensive big men in the league?
    Not only that, but he's the anti Al
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    Jefferson for Gortat!!!
    if only The suns were that dumb.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    If Gortat were traded to Utah at the very least he won't have to worry about playing against them any more.

In the last two games against The Jazz Gortat is shooting 1-14.

And I'm pretty sure all 13 misses were blocked by Derrick Favors.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by GVC View Post
    Mo isn't a floor general, he doesn't have a good sense of spacing or pace. Dude's probably been the Jazz's most consistently competitive player this season, but no amount of trying is going to change the way he sees/plays the game of basketball.

Maybe I misread that part of your post.
    I meant that Mo doesn't have to play the way he's playing. I wholeheartedly agree he doesn't have natural skills as a floor general. But he could show more retraint trying to get his own offense. Ironically, he could benefit from slowing down. Tinsley takes time to scour the defense on his possessions and you frequently see him choosing certain matchups to exploit and directing players to move. If Tinsley could only defend, it would be a no brainer to start him.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSilencer1313 View Post
    Well now it all makes sense. So you're judging Marvin's NBA passing career by his first 6 games with the Jazz?
    For one thing, Corbin doesn't know how to use Marvin yet and he's still creating opportunities for himself and his teammates.
    Marvin has always been known for his passing out of the post, and scouters have been saying that for years.
    Marvin's career assist numbers are atrocious. We're finding out why. And I'm not giving up on him at all. I'd just like to see him used in a way that helps him. Posting him is not a good idea. Neither is telling him to drive or running a PnR with him. But getting him more active cutting to the basket would be a great idea. He won't ever be Ronnie B in that department, but he could probably be effective.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by billyshelby View Post
    If Tinsley could only defend, it would be a no brainer to start him.
    He doesn't have a reliable shot either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by orangello View Post
    He doesn't have a reliable shot either.
    A fair point. I've got no comeback.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSilencer1313 View Post
    Tinsley was a breath of fresh air to watch, and it's something the Jazz only wish they could get on a consistent basis. It's unfortunate that Tinsley isn't still a little younger, and had more in the tank.
    absolutely. i thought it was clear last year that he was a far more steady option than earl to be backing up at the point.

had a really solid game stepping up to start last yesterday. needed to hit at least one of those wide open looks but he usually does alright in that department. a couple of poor turnovers as well but overall very happy with that performance out of our backup pg.