Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by NUMBERICA View Post
    And what the **** is a "Jazzer" anyway?
    It's when they're not jizzing Numbnuts

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    the original post is rooted in idiocy. "Salary implications are not figured in" Well thats pretty damn important believe it or not. If only the management could get and keep any player they wanted regardless of salary, man the Jazz would be real good. Golly jeez louise !!

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by kennykyle View Post
    the original post is rooted in idiocy. "Salary implications are not figured in" Well thats pretty damn important believe it or not. If only the management could get and keep any player they wanted regardless of salary, man the Jazz would be real good. Golly jeez louise !!
    Of course, like many others on this site, people tend to engage in hyperbole. Of course salary is important and that's why I mentioned it. However, for those who want to examine that issue, let them do it. We could easily, for example, see how the payroll for that ex-Jazz players would stack up with our current one, and I suspect it would be higher, but I am not sure.

The point is that we have made some poor decisions in managing our players and it has made me lose faith in the Jazz organization.

I'm jus' one dem guys...come, scrap, blue collar, junkyard dog
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Eenie-Meenie View Post
    The point is that we have made some poor decisions in managing our players and it has made me lose faith in the Jazz organization.
    You'd really rather have that team than the current one? I'll stick with our youth and draft picks over a treadmill team. Your argument is sorta terrible.
    http://jazzfanz.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=133&dateline=1317382587

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I didn't say we gut our present entire team -- but we still could've had the core of the old team with new additions to fortify it. Who knows what draft picks we might've gotten or free agents. It's difficult to say, but I wouldn't mind having a good many of our former players back -- DWill, Matthews, and AK, just for starters, then you have KHump, Maynor, Korver, and maybe Koufos and RBrewer. Everyone of them is a solid NBA player.

Teams get better when players play together for a longer time. Stock and Malone are proof of that, and the Celtics of old, and the Spurs of today.

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Letting Wes walk was a smart move IMO, I mean he had an ok year last year but Portland fans have been down on him also, they think he shoots to much and has lost his D up and play hard attitude that endeared him to us in the first place. Getting rid of DWill was smart because lets face it, he didnt want to be here anymore. Maynor saved us like what 8 mill or something, also a good move, Humphries took how many years to become a functional player? Brewer is not very good, enough said. Koufos also took a few years to become semi functional. AK, whatever he will be hurt in a few games, he needed to move on before he killed himself anyways. So I guess I completely disagree with your post.

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by GVC View Post
    You'd really rather have that team than the current one? I'll stick with our youth and draft picks over a treadmill team. Your argument is sorta terrible.
    Sorta?

I'm jus' one dem guys...come, scrap, blue collar, junkyard dog
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Eenie-Meenie View Post
    Teams get better when players play together for a longer time. Stock and Malone are proof of that, and the Celtics of old, and the Spurs of today.
    The Celtics of old and the Spurs were just as good when they started playing together; their talent was high enough to carry them through a number of years successfully. The former Jazz players just don't have enough high end talent to ever contend for a title. They certainly don't have players who are going to be anywhere near as good as Stock and Malone were at age 34/35 (the 97/98 season), especially considering cost (Stock provided ridiculous value for his salary...Malone too).
    http://jazzfanz.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=133&dateline=1317382587

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Could Jordan the the rest of the Space Jam toons take our current team?

Keep in mind the team consists of Jordan, Bill Murray, Bugs, Lola and Daffy.
    VINDICATION

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by JazzSpazz View Post
    Could Jordan the the rest of the Space Jam toons take our current team?

Keep in mind the team consists of Jordan, Bill Murray, Bugs, Lola and Daffy.
    Bill Murray in his prime?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by kennykyle View Post
    Bill Murray in his prime?
    Close to his prime. Think after Groundhog Day, and before The Man Who Knew Too Little.
    VINDICATION

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by JazzSpazz View Post
    Close to his prime. Think after Groundhog Day, and before The Man Who Knew Too Little.
    Murray woud handle Gordon, so ya they would probably beat us.