Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    So glad they went with D'antoni.
    #lol

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by UGLI baby View Post
    So glad they went with D'antoni.
    Makes me feel better about having Nash, if he gets healthy.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    The Lakers will be better now, but still not great for reasons already stated. However, one thing no one has mentioned is how bad Mike's teams are defensively. LA has already been one of the worst defensive teams this year and that's not going to change with D'Antoni.

This is funny.

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameface View Post
    Jerry Buss: "Sloan, how's it been? I'm sure you've heard the news about our coach..."
    Sloan: "Yeah, you fired him five games into the season."
    JB: "Yes, well, right... It just wasn't a good fit and we all knew it."
    Sloan: "Hard to say 5 games into the season with your starting point guard out."
    JB: "Well, we weren't headed in the direction we wanted to be..."
    Slaon: "...five game into the season."
    JB: "Okay, right. So, the reason I'm calling. We'd love to hear your thoughts on what you'd do with this team. We've always had a massive amount of respect for you, what you did in Utah and the kind of player and coach you are. Simply one of the best there has ever been."
    Slaon: "Mr. Buss."
    JB: "Yes"
    Sloan: "I hate the Lakers. Goodbye" click

I'd like to think it went something like that.
    Add a few more F words and you are spot on.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by spycam1 View Post
    The Lakers will be better now, but still not great for reasons already stated. However, one thing no one has mentioned is how bad Mike's teams are defensively. LA has already been one of the worst defensive teams this year and that's not going to change with D'Antoni.

This is funny.
    ....he had bad defensive teams because he had no defensive players. If and when Howard gets back to full strength, he can make up for the fact that Nash is as bad as can be in staying in front of his man, possibly worse than my Dad.....who's been dead for almost a year now!

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameface View Post
    Jerry Buss: "Sloan, how's it been? I'm sure you've heard the news about our coach..."
    Sloan: "Yeah, you fired him five games into the season."
    JB: "Yes, well, right... It just wasn't a good fit and we all knew it."
    Sloan: "Hard to say 5 games into the season with your starting point guard out."
    JB: "Well, we weren't headed in the direction we wanted to be..."
    Slaon: "...five game into the season."
    JB: "Okay, right. So, the reason I'm calling. We'd love to hear your thoughts on what you'd do with this team. We've always had a massive amount of respect for you, what you did in Utah and the kind of player and coach you are. Simply one of the best there has ever been."
    Slaon: "Mr. Buss."
    JB: "Yes"
    Sloan: "I hate the Lakers. Goodbye" click

I'd like to think it went something like that.
    ...the conversation wasn't even that long....and probably had nothing to do with the Lakers roster in particular! Sloan more than likely said: "You want me to leave my peaceful retired life and John Deer tractor in Illinois to coach these modern day NBA numbnuts who have less basketball brains than a turnip? Have you lost your **********mind?" (substance used for clothing and comes from the deep south in most instances) Phone clicks. End of conversation.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    What are Phil Jackson's medical issues? Something with his back, right? That's why he sat in that special chair. I'm just trying to figure out why he was putting so many strictures on his work load. Was he going to coach for 1/2 price if they met his demands?

Anyway, I think they'll be alright with Mike D. Systems can be tweaked. Just giving the Lakers a little more offensive ad-libbing will do wonders.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Heard one insider guy reporting for Ireland and Mason show of ESPN LA that PJ was ready to accept the job and Buss family and Kupchak were fast signing the deal with D'Antoni.

First BF League CHAMP nightmare3983's Avatar
    My happy place (the start of another NBA season)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I'm only a little surprised that they hired D'Antoni as opposed to negotiating more with Phil Jackson. I honestly think that if Phil were less of an ******* he would have been hired back. Jim Buss ultimately wanted no part of the inevitable power struggle that would result from bringing back Phil. Now if they weren't going to hire Phil, I think D'Antoni is a good choice due to having relationships with Nash, Kobe, and Dwight. That alone will help everyone buy into what D'Antoni wants to do and ensure that the team puts forth a great effort. When you have as much talent at the top as the Lakers have, if the effort is there, they'll be a tough team.

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    So is Brian Shaw really pissed now or what?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by kennykyle View Post
    So is Brian Shaw really pissed now or what?
    He's also ticked. He thought it was his job to accept or decline.

As opposed to Jackson he wanted absolutely nothing to do with personnel and that is why the Busses went another direction.
    TREYBOT

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I am not surprised at all. Are they going to win it all with him? You bet not. No coach on earth would win with that team, sorry it is beyond coach's ability to make that mess a winning team in playoffs. So D'Antoni, Sloan or Jackson would not matter, they are not winning it, period.
    Exum = Biggest bust in Jazz history.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Arash Markazi: Magic Johnson: "I love the Lakers but I feel they have made two critical mistakes in hiring Mike Brown and hiring Mike D'Antoni." Twitter @ArashMarkazi

Arash Markazi: Magic Johnson: "I love Dr. Buss but I don't believe in Jim Buss." Twitter @ArashMarkazi

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Magic Johnson: My mother always taught me that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. Twitter

Seeing the above posts, I don't think Magic listened closely enough to his mother.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    ...the bottom line is this: IF Nash can stay healthy, the Lakers will score a ton of points and win 50 games. IF Nash is out for most of the season.......the Lakers could lose close to 50 games, certainly 40!