Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718
    Rep Level
    First that epic Miami game of yore, now this instant classic Toronto game. I heart Millsap.
    TREYBOT

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by orangello View Post
    Here is a fun stat for everyone.

Bargnani was 5 of 7 being defended by anyone not named Favors. Bargnani being defended by Favors was 0-10 with only 2 fts.

This makes me happy because I would say that Favors biggest defensive liability was guarding perimeter bigs. Bargnani is about as perimeter as you can get for a big.
    Good point. And those 2 FT's were an absolute gift. Favors got Bargnani on the arm but that was because he was trying to use it to brush Favors away. Although now that I think of it Favors fouled him on the perimeter as well - so it might have been 4FTs.

Despite what you may think of AB as a complete ball player - he is a top shelf scorer. When Favors can shut a guy down like that you can't keep him on the bench any more.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AKMVP View Post
    So you honestly think playing Favors and Kanter 30+ minutes and getting rid of Al or Millsap would give us more wins this year? Let say you keep Millsap and trade AL. Plug in Favors or Kanter in starting spot. Does that result in more wins? I highly doubt. If you talk about player development then it is different story. But if we want to make playoffs this year - we need big Al, simple as that.
    There is no way to prove/disprove these things and I completely disagree. You will not change my mind.

To answer your question - Yes, I believe it does. At the least they are equal and it does not result in any additional losses.
    And no, I don't think the Jazz need Big Al to make the playoffs. Getting an 8 seed in the playoffs is not much of an accomplishment in the NBA. More so in the west than the east yes, but still not much of an accomplishment.

That is my opinion, there is no way to determine who is correct, and I will not change my mind no matter what you say.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by LazyD View Post
    That is my opinion, there is no way to determine who is correct, and I will not change my mind no matter what you say.
    Thats totally fine with me and I respect it, even if I think you are wrong. Unless big AL gets injured or traded we can only speculate. Cheers!
    Exum = Biggest bust in Jazz history. Remember me.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AKMVP View Post
    Thats totally fine with me and I respect it, even if I think you are wrong. Unless big AL gets injured or traded we can only speculate. Cheers!
    we all know how it is without Jefferson

Banned
    Rep Level
    UGLI must start all road game game threads.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameface View Post
    UGLI must start all road game game threads.
    Good idea.

UGLI baby, official creator of road game threads until we happen to lose.
    #OnlyPostsHashtags