Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Secession

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoked View Post
    "More than 30..."

http://www.statesman.com/news/news/s...etition/nS5c5/

Utah is now included in the list. I was starting to worry that our idiots were even slower than others idiots.

Also 64k Texas signatures and counting...
    Texas could more than hold their own, and could take back all their natural resources that the federal government have land grabbed from them.
    "If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSilencer1313 View Post
    Texas could more than hold their own, and could take back all their natural resources that the federal government have land grabbed from them.
    I'm sure Texas would be fine. However I do not support any talk of seccession.
    #BelieveInLindsey

Rep Level
    I agree that it was a joke.

However let us assume that it does start happening. One side starts rounding up the other and putting them in designated living areas. Such as Texas or California. Well that is when America is dead beyond recovery and a war will be fought. The type of war talked about in The Patriot. One that is fought amoung our homes and that our children learn about with their own eyes. Where the innocent die with the rest of us.
    This kind of war is more possible than 95 percent of posters on this board will admit.
    "If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Rep Level
    This kind of war is more possible than 95 percent of posters on this board will admit.
    I think it is possible. Highly unlikely but possible.
    #BelieveInLindsey

Rep Level
    I'm sure Texas would be fine. However I do not support any talk of seccession.
    Hmm..... interesting. What do you think is so wrong about talking about it?

Rep Level
    Unless the USA closed its borders to Texas, refused to share their phone lines and other resources, and refused to do any commerce with Texas. They wouldn't hold their own for too long in those conditions.

What would the Texas dollar be worth anyway?

Rep Level
    Hmm..... interesting. What do you think is so wrong about talking about it?
    Poor choice of words. I do not support secession. Discussing it is fine but when it comes to serious planning and legitimately trying to secced I know where I stand and will make no bones about it.
    #BelieveInLindsey

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
    Unless the USA closed its borders to Texas, refused to share their phone lines and other resources, and refused to do any commerce with Texas. They wouldn't hold their own for too long in those conditions.

Texas would have voastal waters and that would possibly lead to oil rigs.
    #BelieveInLindsey

Rep Level
    Texas would have voastal waters and that would possibly lead to oil rigs.
    Sounds like Iran.

Rep Level

States would do commerce with Texas, because the federal government cannot supersede states rights.
    You actually think that phone companies, internet companies, and other companies would just stop selling their services to the biggest state in the union?

The Texas dollar would be worth a hell of a lot more than the U.S. dollar.
    Mostly because their dollar would have commodity backing, and would not have interest and inflation attached to it by the Federal Reserve.

Rep Level
    Poor choice of words. I do not support secession. Discussing it is fine but when it comes to serious planning and legitimately trying to secced I know where I stand and will make no bones about it.

Yeah I know, I was messing with you :-)
    But seriously, what do you think is so wrong with a state actually attempting secession?

Rep Level
    States would do commerce with Texas, because the federal government cannot supersede states rights.
    You actually think that phone companies, internet companies, and other companies would just stop selling their services to the biggest state in the union?

The Texas dollar would be worth a hell of a lot more than the U.S. dollar.
    Mostly because their dollar would have commodity backing, and would not have interest and inflation attached to it by the Federal Reserve.
    Totally false on just about every level.

States have no authority or right to set foreign policy. If the federal government says we aren't doing commerce with a foreign country (Texas) then no state will be doing any commerce with them until the federal government says it's okay.

You could also expect all of the USA allies to boycott them as well. And possibly even a NATO backed blockade in the gulf of Mexico if Texas started doing business with enemies of the USA.

Rep Level
    Sounds like Iran.
    Idiocy.
    #BelieveInLindsey

Rep Level
    To strong Salty. Idiocy is not right. My apologies.

Texas is already far beyond Iran in terms of infrastructure. They are also not under sanctions.
    #BelieveInLindsey

Rep Level
    To strong Salty. Idiocy is not right. My apologies.

Texas is already far beyond Iran in terms of infrastructure. They are also not under sanctions.
    Are they really far beyond Iran in terms of infrastructure? My understanding is Iran is actually a pretty advanced place, just ran by nutjobs. Very similar to what Texas would be.

You could expect Texas to get slapped with sanctions too. You can't slap the USA in the face and not get slapped back. If they seceded, the federal government would do everything they could to mage out a tough go for them.

Just look at Cuba, and they weren't even a state.