Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 113

Thread: Secession

  1. #76
    Moderator Stoked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Southern Utah
    Posts
    21,651
    Total Rep Points
    27791
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
    You listed about 10 reasons why they would be able to pull it off (in your opinion), and also said they would have the easiest time doing it out of all the states. You didn't list 1 reason why they shouldn't.

    Sorry, I'm not a mind reader, I don't see how this is not the same thing as saying they'd be better off.

    Because I never listed one way they would be.

    God you are back to your old worhtless ********. Sinking to Thriller's level. Back you go.
    #BelieveInLindsey #BelieveInSnyder

    I Got a feeling that tonight's gonna be a good night; that tonight's gonna be a good night;
    that tonight's gonna be a good good night; wooh hoo (x4) - For Cy

  2. #77
    Senior Member The Thriller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    On the Booz Cruise
    Posts
    9,670
    Total Rep Points
    9446
    Rep Adjustment Power
    49
    I would love for most of those states to secede.

    Please leave.

    Pay for your own tornado and hurricane repair, security, and welfare. Most of those states wouldn't survive if they weren't sucking money away from other states to pay for their own lazy ass citizens.
    Lakers Suck.

  3. #78
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,831
    Total Rep Points
    1092
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoked View Post
    Because I never listed one way they would be.

    God you are back to your old worhtless ********. Sinking to Thriller's level. Back you go.
    Well what exactly did you list then? You post a long list of why you think they will secede. You also say they have the best chance at it. You say nothing at all about why they shouldn't secede, other than you don't want them too.

    Reading your posts, I'm left thinking if it was all true, they'd be stupid not to secede. Apparently they carry this nation, while they get nothing in return.

    If that's not what you meant, funny blame me for your own lack of clarification.

    You want to get all technical now and say "even though my post left you thinking that, it isn't exactly what I said." Well I'll get technical then and say "you still haven't said Texas would be better off staying in the union, nor have you listed any reasons why they should."

  4. #79
    Senior Member Scat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,421
    Total Rep Points
    6099
    Rep Adjustment Power
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by The Thriller View Post
    Can't fix stupid

    http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/...190210006.html



    I say, get the hell out. If you folks want to leave, then please, leave. Pay for your own damn welfare checks, SS, hurricane/tornado cleanup, etc. Most of those states are complete dumpholes and huge liabilities to our country anyway. Arkansas? Mississippi? Missouri? What dumps. Can anything good come from Arkansas?

    Get the hell out
    I thought you liked Pres Clinton. I guess I was wrong.

  5. #80
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,831
    Total Rep Points
    1092
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by The Thriller View Post
    I would love for most of those states to secede.

    Please leave.

    Pay for your own tornado and hurricane repair, security, and welfare. Most of those states wouldn't survive if they weren't sucking money away from other states to pay for their own lazy ass citizens.
    Yep. Plus military, tariffs (if we even do any business with them), and all the food (which despite stoked's implications, a lot of the nation's food comes from California).

  6. #81
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    In a ghetto near you. . . .
    Posts
    5,698
    Total Rep Points
    11899
    Rep Adjustment Power
    55
    Abraham Lincoln was hand-picked by English-influenced financial interests, who had also financed both the abolitionist and secessionist hotheads, precisely because they knew his hard line against slavery would break up our American Union, after which, it was envisioned, the English could once again impose their rule over us. But he bucked his backers, and fought the war to keep the union. It wasn't about slavery exactly, but about American ideas of human rights versus the Bristish oligarchy. However, the English still had the wit to win. . . . they turned federalism into their ace. . .. well into about a hundred aces stuffed up their sleeves. . . . and in the years following the Civil War they owned a whole lot of American enterprise, and had literal vassal lords Americans used to call "robber barons" securing monopolies in every sector of American enterprise.

    And today, we are ruled more by the ideals of the feudal lords than by Monroe, Madison, or Jefferson. . . . .

    our dumb secessionists today are really just uninformed about geopolitics. The real objective of liberty would be to revolutionize the United Nations and make it a representative democracy where all kinds of diverse people could maintain their personal rights and liberties.

  7. #82
    Senior Member Brown Notes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,367
    Total Rep Points
    1333
    Rep Adjustment Power
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by babe View Post
    Abraham Lincoln was hand-picked by English-influenced financial interests, who had also financed both the abolitionist and secessionist hotheads, precisely because they knew his hard line against slavery would break up our American Union, after which, it was envisioned, the English could once again impose their rule over us. But he bucked his backers, and fought the war to keep the union. It wasn't about slavery exactly, but about American ideas of human rights versus the Bristish oligarchy. However, the English still had the wit to win. . . . they turned federalism into their ace. . .. well into about a hundred aces stuffed up their sleeves. . . . and in the years following the Civil War they owned a whole lot of American enterprise, and had literal vassal lords Americans used to call "robber barons" securing monopolies in every sector of American enterprise.

    And today, we are ruled more by the ideals of the feudal lords than by Monroe, Madison, or Jefferson. . . . .

    our dumb secessionists today are really just uninformed about geopolitics. The real objective of liberty would be to revolutionize the United Nations and make it a representative democracy where all kinds of diverse people could maintain their personal rights and liberties.
    Just to clarify, you are saying the great industrial giants like Rockefeller, Vanderbilt and Carnegie were simply British stooges?
    "I'm a moron for thinking the Browns could even sniff 10 wins in a division where the other three teams (two of whom almost always make the playoffs) made the post-season last year. Gyp Rosetti's thee God of football knowledge." - Brown Notes

  8. #83
    Senior Member TheSilencer1313's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Tooele, Utah
    Posts
    3,101
    Total Rep Points
    1156
    Rep Adjustment Power
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by The Thriller View Post
    I would love for most of those states to secede.

    Please leave.

    Pay for your own tornado and hurricane repair, security, and welfare. Most of those states wouldn't survive if they weren't sucking money away from other states to pay for their own lazy ass citizens.
    Personally I would love for Utah to secede, just to get away from liberal socialists like yourself and your president. People like you DO NOT follow the constitution, and are the reason why Texas has over 82,000 signatures and growing.
    Texas is home to Ron Paul endorsers and Alex Jones listeners, that are more than able to take care of themselves without your precious hurricane help, social security, and welfare.
    It's neo-conservative agreements like NAFTA and GATT that sent all of our nations jobs to Mexico and China in the first place, and is a huge reason why many people of this nation want nothing more to do with a two party system that creates an illusion of choice.
    "If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

  9. #84
    Senior Member Zombie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Wyoming
    Posts
    376
    Total Rep Points
    610
    Rep Adjustment Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSilencer1313 View Post
    Personally I would love for Utah to secede, just to get away from liberal socialists like yourself and your president. People like you DO NOT follow the constitution, and are the reason why Texas has over 82,000 signatures and growing.
    Texas is home to Ron Paul endorsers and Alex Jones listeners, that are more than able to take care of themselves without your precious hurricane help, social security, and welfare.
    It's neo-conservative agreements like NAFTA and GATT that sent all of our nations jobs to Mexico and China in the first place, and is a huge reason why many people of this nation want nothing more to do with a two party system that creates an illusion of choice.


    Nice to see this "libertarian" paradise would be free of differing political opinions.
    Hate You Can Trust

  10. #85
    Senior Member TheSilencer1313's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Tooele, Utah
    Posts
    3,101
    Total Rep Points
    1156
    Rep Adjustment Power
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown Notes View Post
    Just to clarify, you are saying the great industrial giants like Rockefeller, Vanderbilt and Carnegie were simply British stooges?
    No.
    Because those British stooges still running our countries Federal Reserve.
    "If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

  11. #86
    Senior Member TheSilencer1313's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Tooele, Utah
    Posts
    3,101
    Total Rep Points
    1156
    Rep Adjustment Power
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie View Post


    Nice to see this "libertarian" paradise would be free of differing political opinions.
    Hahaha.....
    Differing political opinions??
    So you're saying Democrats and Republicans actually differ?
    "If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

  12. #87
    Senior Member Zombie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Wyoming
    Posts
    376
    Total Rep Points
    610
    Rep Adjustment Power
    13
    I was responding to this "Personally I would love for Utah to secede, just to get away from liberal socialists like yourself"

    Which has nothing to do with whether democrats or republicans have differing political beliefs. Which I think is quite clearly the case btw.
    They don't differ too much since they are both further to the right end of the political spectrum than the left, which makes your claim Obama is a "liberal socialist" even more hysterical to me.
    Hate You Can Trust

  13. #88
    Senior Member TheSilencer1313's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Tooele, Utah
    Posts
    3,101
    Total Rep Points
    1156
    Rep Adjustment Power
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
    I was responding to this "Personally I would love for Utah to secede, just to get away from liberal socialists like yourself"
    Interesting.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
    They may not differ much since they are further to the right end of the political spectrum than the left, which makes your claim Obama is a "liberal socialist" even more hysterical to me.
    Even more interesting.
    Central banks..... entitlement programs ..... socialized medicine..... civilian national security forces.....

    Hang on, I have to go check my copy of the communist manifesto for the rest.
    "If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

  14.  

     

  15. #89
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    In a ghetto near you. . . .
    Posts
    5,698
    Total Rep Points
    11899
    Rep Adjustment Power
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown Notes View Post
    Just to clarify, you are saying the great industrial giants like Rockefeller, Vanderbilt and Carnegie were simply British stooges?
    simply put, that's what it amounts to.

    But before you bust your gut laughing at it, it is clear you are also such a stooge for entirely missing the actual point.

    You are not a qualified American, in the original sense of the American revolutionaries who actually believed in human rights, actual personal liberty and freedom, or who took pride in their values of independence, integrity, and self-reliance. . . . . when compared to the feudal vassals, the commoners who in Europe depended on their landholder nobility and lived the lives of peasants and serfs.

    "British Stooges" as I would use the term, are people who think the world is best run by elites, in various apparitions of superiority such as professionals, clergy, intellectuals, and industrial giants, or wealthy genteel persons who from their thrones of social authority can instill docile servility on the humans of the lower classes. Clearly, industrial and cartel monopolists seriously believe they are more qualified to determine our destinies than "WE, the People."

    And the fact remains that American high society has always licked the boots of the English nobility. I could name a few names of those Americans who were enthralled to be knighted by the Queen and considered it step up in their career to become British subjects.

  16. #90
    Senior Member TheSilencer1313's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Tooele, Utah
    Posts
    3,101
    Total Rep Points
    1156
    Rep Adjustment Power
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by babe View Post
    simply put, that's what it amounts to.

    But before you bust your gut laughing at it, it is clear you are also such a stooge for entirely missing the actual point.

    You are not a qualified American, in the original sense of the American revolutionaries who actually believed in human rights, actual personal liberty and freedom, or who took pride in their values of independence, integrity, and self-reliance. . . . . when compared to the feudal vassals, the commoners who in Europe depended on their landholder nobility and lived the lives of peasants and serfs.

    "British Stooges" as I would use the term, are people who think the world is best run by elites, in various apparitions of superiority such as professionals, clergy, intellectuals, and industrial giants, or wealthy genteel persons who from their thrones of social authority can instill docile servility on the humans of the lower classes. Clearly, industrial and cartel monopolists seriously believe they are more qualified to determine our destinies than "WE, the People."

    And the fact remains that American high society has always licked the boots of the English nobility. I could name a few names of those Americans who were enthralled to be knighted by the Queen and considered it step up in their career to become British subjects.

    babe always puts things in prospective, and I think he/she is right on the dot here.
    "If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •