Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crazy Idea

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

Crazy Idea

My wife is kind of a lunatic, I love her to death but its true. She hates everything in a minivan, religions, etc ... on and on. Last night she was like "I wish they put something in the water or something where everyone was automatically on birth control. It wouldn't be permanent, like you could take a pill or something if you were trying to get pregnant that would cancel out the BC. There would be no unplanned pregnancies, no kids born to parents that didnt want them, basically no abortion, etc..." Obviously this would never fly because of like freedom and rights and all that BS. But I still thought it was almost borderline a good idea. Thoughts?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Real medicine always has side effects. I don't think we need to subject 5-year-olds and 70-year-olds to those effects in order for womento have birth control.
    http://lifetheuniverseandonebrow.blogspot.com/

Isaiah 1:18 -- Come now, and let us reason together

Any habitual action, such as eating or dressing, may be performed on the appropriate occasion, without any need of thought, and the same seems to be true of a painfully large proportion of our talk. -- Bertrand Russell

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

Brilliant movie.

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Well this is an in theory type of thing, like has the same side effects of flouride in the water. I mean there are some side effects but in theory the benefits outweigh them. I'm all for it. In theory obviously.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by kennykyle View Post
    Well this is an in theory type of thing, like has the same side effects of flouride in the water. I mean there are some side effects but in theory the benefits outweigh them. I'm all for it. In theory obviously.
    This thread is like a loud beeping invitation to nutcases... where's Silencer?

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    At the age of 10, all females should have to get a birth control implant that is then changed as needed every few years until high school graduation, entering the military, finding a full-time job, or getting married. Or something. All males must graduate high school, and if they don't, enter the military. Or something.
    Last edited by Gyp Rosetti; 11-12-2012 at 03:48 PM.

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    At the age of 10, all females should have to get a birth control implant that is then changed as needed every few years until high school graduation, entering the military, finding a full-time job, or getting married. Or something. All males must graduate high school, and if they don't enter the military. Or something.
    I'm all for that as long as I dont have to follow it. I'm getting my daughter BC as soon as possible also, better to be safe than sorry.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by kennykyle View Post
    Flouride benefits everyone who drinks it. Birth control medicine would not, unless there are other effects as well.
    http://lifetheuniverseandonebrow.blogspot.com/

Isaiah 1:18 -- Come now, and let us reason together

Any habitual action, such as eating or dressing, may be performed on the appropriate occasion, without any need of thought, and the same seems to be true of a painfully large proportion of our talk. -- Bertrand Russell

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Forced birth control sounds like we want to chemical erase moral responsibility about sex.
    Always remember that you are absolutely unique.
    Just like everyone else.
    -Margaret Mead

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Qman View Post
    Forced birth control sounds like we want to chemical erase moral responsibility about sex.
    Moral responsibility went out the window about a decade ago.

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    i wish they would build gas station type underground gas tanks in neighborhoods/communities and then run pipes to people's houses.
    set up some type of pay system. boom. imagine having a gas pump in ur garage.
    no more easier/efficient way to get gas unless ur scarfing down some taco bell.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    TREYBOT

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Qman View Post
    Morals schmorals this isnt 1658, if you want to wait until marriage go for it, if not don't. But for gods sake use protection.

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by One Brow View Post
    Flouride benefits everyone who drinks it. Birth control medicine would not, unless there are other effects as well.
    Playing Devils advocate. How would it not help everyone? Who would it hurt? Those people trying to have 1,000 kids? They can take the "pill" and become fertile again.

Also Nazis used flouride to pacify people in concentration camps, obviously in much larger quantities but still, there are a lot of people who are not as sold on flouride as others. If people just brushed their god damn teeth would we need flouride in tap water?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I wish the government would just put pain pills in our water. That way no one would feel any pain ever.