Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 87
  1. #16
    Senior Member Scorpjazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Salt Lake City
    Posts
    1,393
    Total Rep Points
    1340
    Rep Adjustment Power
    21
    No, they dont. Rather have Hayward. move along..

  2. #17
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    9
    Total Rep Points
    11
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    I know its not everything but if you compare PER Hayward 15.73 to George 14.82. The truth is they are very close in value with Hayward getting to the line more and George shooting the 3 ball more. Too close to call on this one. At least you did not get Aminu or Xavier Henry. Cant all ways hit the ball out of the park with a draft pick like you did with Millsap. Sometimes you need to be happy with a base hit or double. Just cant have lotto strike outs.

  3. #18
    The One True Youngblood YB85's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,013
    Total Rep Points
    12183
    Rep Adjustment Power
    58
    CJ has a better handle.

  4. #19
    Moderator Revolution 9's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Posts
    8,046
    Total Rep Points
    11832
    Rep Adjustment Power
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben10 View Post
    Not even close. Hayward brings so many other things to the game. CJ has no Basketball IQ. Hayward does
    This is true. It has been disappointing seeing Hay miss some of these wide open looks though. A lot of us believe he can become an All-star. It's shots like he missed in Toronto which
    will keep him from getting there. I still believe in Hayward, but it's it's hard to be patience.

    I want Burks to play a lot more, but I know it's going to be hard as well to watch on some nights.
    "Hayward can be a #1?"......"Maybe if he goes down to Fort Wayne...DLeague" -ESPN

  5. #20
    Senior Member akirac73's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,067
    Total Rep Points
    3984
    Rep Adjustment Power
    30
    I agree that Hayward does a lot of things well and has good basketball IQ, however, I remember when many on this board thought Hayward would become the next great dead-eye sharp shooter for the Jazz. I don't think that will ever happen. He'll never be a Hornacek or Korver type of shooter.

  6. #21
    Senior Member Thee jazz fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    9,380
    Total Rep Points
    7365
    Rep Adjustment Power
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by rcb1820 View Post
    Deja vu -- watching Gordon brick wide-open shots; screaming at TV. GH = CJ.
    Good hell really!!! Shut the hell up. Check with me next time before you speak!

    Hayward is the best passer on the team, highest BB IQ, gets to the foul line more then anyone, and great defender. There is no way he = CJ. If I've said it once I've said it a 1,000 times the jazz are using him wrong. He should have the ball in his hands to run the offense not spotting up. If Ty would do this he would shoot less spot up and more off the dribble, and more slash and pass or shoot situations. Hayward seems to be a better shooter off the dribble then when spotting up, then Mo would be able to concentrate more on shooting and scoring while also taking some of the pressure off of Hayward.

  7. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    3,240
    Total Rep Points
    3775
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Thee jazz fan View Post
    Good hell really!!! Shut the hell up. Check with me next time before you speak!
    Hayward is the best passer on the team, highest BB IQ, gets to the foul line more then anyone, and great defender. There is no way he = CJ. If I've said it once I've said it a 1,000 times the jazz are using him wrong. He should have the ball in his hands to run the offense not spotting up. If Ty would do this he would shoot less spot up and more off the dribble, and more slash and pass or shoot situations. Hayward seems to be a better shooter off the dribble then when spotting up, then Mo would be able to concentrate more on shooting and scoring while also taking some of the pressure off of Hayward.
    Ohhhhh BOOM BITCHES!!

  8. #23
    Senior Member Zulu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The STG
    Posts
    9,746
    Total Rep Points
    20675
    Rep Adjustment Power
    82
    One of two things needs to happen, Hayward needs to come of the Bench or Favors needs to start. Hayward and Favors play so well with each other, they run the pick in roll very well and just compliment each other.
    http://blogimages.thescore.com/tbj/files/2011/06/alec-burks-suit.jpg

  9. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    3,240
    Total Rep Points
    3775
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulu View Post
    One of two things needs to happen, Hayward needs to come of the Bench or Favors needs to start. Hayward and Favors play so well with each other, they run the pick in roll very well and just compliment each other.
    Agreed, providing they can each play 25 + minutes I would love to have them come off the bench together.

  10. #25
    Senior Member Thee jazz fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    9,380
    Total Rep Points
    7365
    Rep Adjustment Power
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi View Post
    Hayward lacks aggressiveness. Change that and there is no longer an argument.
    Not sure why you think he lacks aggressiveness, he has gotten to the ft line more than anyone on the team. He goes harder to the hoop then anyone on the team! The problem is he is used primarily as a spot up guy, and that's just not his strength. He needs the ball in hand like a Kobe or DWade, not saying he's a scorer like them, but this is a guy who used to play pg. He's the best passer on the team. He's a lot like Stockton in that he's not flashy never tries anything risky other then the correct plays. Time after time I see guys like Mo, Tinsley, and others trying these crazy stupid passes that just leave you saying "what the hell was that" as the other team is fast breaking, and getting 2 points at the other end.

  11. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,947
    Total Rep Points
    10450
    Rep Adjustment Power
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by Thee jazz fan View Post
    Not sure why you think he lacks aggressiveness, he has gotten to the ft line more than anyone on the team. He goes harder to the hoop then anyone on the team! The problem is he is used primarily as a spot up guy, and that's just not his strength. He needs the ball in hand like a Kobe or DWade, not saying he's a scorer like them, but this is a guy who used to play pg. He's the best passer on the team. He's a lot like Stockton in that he's not flashy never tries anything risky other then the correct plays. Time after time I see guys like Mo, Tinsley, and others trying these crazy stupid passes that just leave you saying "what the hell was that" as the other team is fast breaking, and getting 2 points at the other end.
    Haydizzle is 2nd at getting to the line behind Sap. He is good at that though. He shoots 49% on his 2pt shots which is much better than Jeff's 44%.
    He is sucking though in his 3pt % at 28%. His rebounding is low and his assists should be higher, but I like his defense and his steals and blocks. He is not consistent yet, but I think so far he is better than last year. He is taking more shots this year, and as soon as he settles down we should see his %'s go back up to close to 48 and 37... just my opinion. He will get more calls from the ref's once his beard comes in more fully, so give him time.

    I think by the end of the year he will be back up to 3 apg and get to 15 ppg to go along with close to a steal and a block and low turnovers.

    Basically he still has work to do, but he is nowhere even close to CJ when it comes to chuckmanship and inconsistency.
    TREYBOT

  12. #27
    Senior Member jope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Ogden City Limits
    Posts
    1,649
    Total Rep Points
    3191
    Rep Adjustment Power
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by JazzSpazz View Post
    Haydizzle is 2nd at getting to the line behind Sap. He is good at that though. He shoots 49% on his 2pt shots which is much better than Jeff's 44%.
    He is sucking though in his 3pt % at 28%. His rebounding is low and his assists should be higher, but I like his defense and his steals and blocks. He is not consistent yet, but I think so far he is better than last year. He is taking more shots this year, and as soon as he settles down we should see his %'s go back up to close to 48 and 37... just my opinion. He will get more calls from the ref's once his beard comes in more fully, so give him time.

    I think by the end of the year he will be back up to 3 apg and get to 15 ppg to go along with close to a steal and a block and low turnovers.

    Basically he still has work to do, but he is nowhere even close to CJ when it comes to chuckmanship and inconsistency.
    Easily could see him at 16/4/3/1/1 this season. His %s come up even a little and he's there

  13.  

     

  14. #28
    Senior Member AKMVP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4,231
    Total Rep Points
    3790
    Rep Adjustment Power
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by Thee jazz fan View Post
    He's the best passer on the team. He's a lot like Stockton .
    Please, never mention Hayward and Stockton in one sentence. That's just travesty. And no, he is not the best passer on the team, not even close. He is decent passer but nothing special.
    Exum = Biggest bust in Jazz history.

  15. #29
    Senior Member AKMVP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4,231
    Total Rep Points
    3790
    Rep Adjustment Power
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by Thee jazz fan View Post
    Good hell really!!! Shut the hell up. Check with me next time before you speak!

    Hayward is the best passer on the team, highest BB IQ, gets to the foul line more then anyone, and great defender
    Yeah and you said he is going to average 20pts a game last year. ^Wrong, ^wrong, ^wrong, ^wrong.
    Exum = Biggest bust in Jazz history.

  16. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    3,240
    Total Rep Points
    3775
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by AKMVP View Post
    Please, never mention Hayward and Stockton in one sentence. That's just travesty. And no, he is not the best passer on the team, not even close. He is decent passer but nothing special.
    Who is the best passer on the team? AK?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •