Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by kennykyle View Post
    Who is the best passer on the team? AK?
    Tinsley def is

Where beautiful women instinctively flock like the salmon of Capistrano
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by JazzSpazz View Post
    Haydizzle is 2nd at getting to the line behind Sap. He is good at that though. He shoots 49% on his 2pt shots which is much better than Jeff's 44%.
    He is sucking though in his 3pt % at 28%. His rebounding is low and his assists should be higher, but I like his defense and his steals and blocks. He is not consistent yet, but I think so far he is better than last year. He is taking more shots this year, and as soon as he settles down we should see his %'s go back up to close to 48 and 37... just my opinion. He will get more calls from the ref's once his beard comes in more fully, so give him time.

I think by the end of the year he will be back up to 3 apg and get to 15 ppg to go along with close to a steal and a block and low turnovers.

Basically he still has work to do, but he is nowhere even close to CJ when it comes to chuckmanship and inconsistency.
    you are absolutely correct, Hayward is way more consistent. he didn't have an out side shot the first half of last season and he doesn't have one now - super consistent, i wish he was less consistent.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi View Post
    Hayward lacks aggressiveness. Change that and there is no longer an argument.
    ...you can only be so aggressive when your as skinny as a rail!

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Yo no era feliz en la noche del draft cuando Hayward fue seleccionado. Sin embargo, me pareció que había una posibilidad de que podría convertirse en un buen jugador de la NBA si él podría desarrollar un tiro exterior. Con los entrenadores, instructores de tiro y tiempo ilimitado para centrarse en su recuperación debería haber desarrollado una mejor oportunidad por ahora. No es como si aún se encuentra en Butler, con la tarea de que preocuparse.
    X LIKE XENOPUS.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by carolinajazz View Post
    ...you can only be so aggressive when your as skinny as a rail!
    Welcome to 2012. Hayward isn't skinny as a rail anymore.
    Build a man a fire; keep him warm for a day. Light a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of this life.

Repeating the same actions and expecting different results is the definition of insanity.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I really like Gordon Hayward. Jazz made a good pick.

And how ridiculous of a statement to make. Hayward>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>CJ

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by friendsinmyhead View Post
    you are absolutely correct, Hayward is way more consistent. he didn't have an out side shot the first half of last season and he doesn't have one now - super consistent, i wish he was less consistent.
    Don't we all wish he was shooting 40% from 3 pt land?

Would you rather have CJ's 21% back in all his glory? I still think Hayward is more consistent of a player and he actually makes the team better. If you want to gripe about his sucky 3pt%, go ahead.
    TREYBOT

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by kennykyle View Post
    Who is the best passer on the team? AK?
    Both Mo and Tinsley are better passers. I would add Watson to that list as well. And since you mentioned AK, even if he is not on the Jazz but yes, he is better passer then Hayward as well. I repeat again, Hayward is decent passer, nothing special though. I wish people would accept him for who he is ( a decent rotation/role player ) instead of trying to make him look like superstar/franchise type player.
    Exum = Biggest bust in Jazz history.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by AKMVP View Post
    Both Mo and Tinsley are better passers. I would add Watson to that list as well. And since you mentioned AK, even if he is not on the Jazz but yes, he is better passer then Hayward as well. I repeat again, Hayward is decent passer, nothing special though. I wish people would accept him for who he is ( a decent rotation/role player ) instead of trying to make him look like superstar/franchise type player.
    Have you not seen the beard? I can't believe you would post such nonsense against The Beard!! Harden will soon bow to his beardliness!
    TREYBOT

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Hayward is a smart player. His movement is efficient on defense and he's become a good defensive player. He's also a decent rebounder. On offense, he's been developing a drive-and-kick game, and he usually makes the right pass. He's not the best spot-up shooter, but that should improve if he keeps working on it. CJ was basically a spot-up shooter with a flakey stroke.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Catchall View Post
    Hayward is a smart player. His movement is efficient on defense and he's become a good defensive player. He's also a decent rebounder. On offense, he's been developing a drive-and-kick game, and he usually makes the right pass. He's not the best spot-up shooter, but that should improve if he keeps working on it. CJ was basically a spot-up shooter with a flakey stroke.
    I have noticed some improvement lately in Hayward's ability to shoot off of screens, or be a spot up shooter.

When he is mentally in it and takes the pass and shoots immediately while he still has an opening it has looked good lately. When his head is not in it and he hesitates, it stalls our offense and we basically have to start over because he gets the pass, waits a second, and now his defender is on him and the whole point of all that movement to get open is wasted.

Better, not great... but I have seen some flashes of brilliance. I hope and pray that those flashes turn into some sort of reality night after night. That's what we loved about Horny right? He would come off those screens, catch the pass and be shooting already... it was smooth and beautiful. I think I honestly liked the play of Horny more than John and Karl. Just a personal preference of playing style, even though I enjoyed all three. They were a beautiful trifecta of awesomeness.

? What just happened?
    TREYBOT

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Please, never mention Hayward and Stockton in one sentence. That's just travesty. And no, he is not the best passer on the team, not even close. He is decent passer but nothing special.
    I never said he was as good as Stockton. Just the way they never try to do more then they can neither are flashy, always making the fundamentally sound play. Dont put words in my mouth and stop being a troll.
    Yeah and you said he is going to average 20pts a game last year. ^Wrong, ^wrong, ^wrong, ^wrong.

I also said the jazz are using him incorrectly. He's not a spot up shooter. He's a slashing playmaker, and Ty is making him play off the ball spotting up. Hayward needs the ball in his hands. He's a playmaker! Players don't just spot up, and stand behind the three point line! Ge your damned facts straight. Shouldn't you be on the wolves message boar riding AK's ass?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Hayward is a very useful player and benefits the team the way AK did. I'm still not sure if he's a 2 or a 3, but he's a starter in the league. He'll be a better shooter than he is currently, but he'll never be at a Korver level. Ironically, he's on the same path as AK relatively speaking. If the Jazz overrate him, he'll get an extension this offseason at 10 million or over which is too much (based on present evidence.) The better move would be to let him play into his RFA year. But for this year and next, he's a very good player at his contract value. The question is whether KOC would deal him, and he's definitely not untouchable.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    ...and in other news CJ Miles is now in the doghouse in Cleveland. That didn't take long did it?
    He got a "dnp - coach's decision" against his buddy Deron Williams last night. That must have been embarrassing.
    "Hayward can be a #1?"......"Maybe if he goes down to Fort Wayne...DLeague" -ESPN

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolution 9 View Post
    ...and in other news CJ Miles is now in the doghouse in Cleveland. That didn't take long did it?
    He got a "dnp - coach's decision" against his buddy Deron Williams last night. That must have been embarrassing.
    A DNP-CD on Cleveland's bench has to be ridiculously embarrassing.