Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Just because Al and Paul are good at clutch shots doesn't mean we need to keep them. They're a big reason we suck defensively-- like, a huge, huge, huge reason. Like, the biggest reason on the team.
    http://jazzfanz.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1889&dateline=1332058703

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Xsy View Post
    Just because Al and Paul are good at clutch shots doesn't mean we need to keep them. They're a big reason we suck defensively-- like, a huge, huge, huge reason. Like, the biggest reason on the team.
    You know how many NBA games come down to the last 2 minutes? A lot of them.

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by addictionary View Post
    if al and sap can do it so can foye, hayward & burks.
    That doesn't even make sense.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by kennykyle View Post
    You know how many NBA games come down to the last 2 minutes? A lot of them.
    All the more reason to have a better defense for those close games, right? You can support both opinions on that one.

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by LazyD View Post
    All the more reason to have a better defense for those close games, right? You can support both opinions on that one.
    Thats fair, but I maintain that in the NBA where the rules and referees favor offense so much it is better to have a good offensive threat at the end of the game. Favors D down the stretch was huge though.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by kennykyle View Post
    Thats fair, but I maintain that in the NBA where the rules and referees favor offense so much it is better to have a good offensive threat at the end of the game. Favors D down the stretch was huge though.
    Yeah the Jazz have to pick and choose at this point between offense and defense. It'd be nice to be Miami, where your best offensive players are your best defensive players.
    If Hayward, Burks, and Favors develop offensively the Jazz could potentially have the same, although not nearly on the same level as the Heat duo.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by LazyD View Post
    Yeah the Jazz have to pick and choose at this point between offense and defense. It'd be nice to be Miami, where your best offensive players are your best defensive players.
    If Hayward, Burks, and Favors develop offensively the Jazz could potentially have the same, although not nearly on the same level as the Heat duo.
    Burks will never develop offensively while under 20 minutes total in 7 games.
    "If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Jettison Roger, sign Memo for cheap, and bring him in for the last seconds of games.

This solves all sorts of problems.

If we can't do that I say we split clutch duties between Sap and Jeff. 90% Sap, and 10% Jeff just to keep people honest.
    TREYBOT

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I would go in that order: Mo, Foye, Marvin, Tinsley, Burks, Hayward, Carroll, Murphy, Watson, Favors, Kanter, Evans.
    Exum = Biggest bust in Jazz history.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by AKMVP View Post
    I would go in that order: Mo, Foye, Marvin, Tinsley, Burks, Hayward, Carroll, Murphy, Watson, Favors, Kanter, Evans.
    You lost all credibility when you put Tinsley on the list, and left AK off.

Ok, mostly the Tinsley part. Have you seen him shoot. I'm more nervous about that than I am when AK used to "drive" in for a "layup".
    TREYBOT

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I have seen Tinsley make more game winning shots then any of these players behind him combined. Granted, it was in his good old days in Indiana but I would still trust him more in last second then Burks, Carroll or Hayward.
    Exum = Biggest bust in Jazz history.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSilencer1313 View Post
    Burks will never develop offensively while under 20 minutes total in 7 games.
    One can certainly develop without playing. That's why people practice. Why would coaches redshirt players in the NCAA if they are going to be the same exact skill level the next year?
    He could take a million shots in the gym every day, lift weights, work on his ball-handling, watch film, etc. All solid options for player development. If he practices a ton he will get better, coaches will notice, and he will play more.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderyears View Post
    Sundiata Gaines
    I was there for that one!

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I have seen Tinsley make more game winning shots then any of these players behind him combined. Granted, it was in his good old days in Indiana but I would still trust him more in last second then Burks, Carroll or Hayward.
    I wouldn't necessarily trust Tinsley taking the last shot, but I wouldn't mind the ball being in his hands. He is a solid playmaker and would probably make a good decision with the ball. I would take him over Mo in that situation.
    Burks would be a no-brainer to have the ball last if he shot free throws better and made better decisions with the basketball in his hands.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Sure, okay. If we could go back in time I would also take Tinsley. As of today though I would not pick him to shoot it. To pass it before the last shot, yea. His shot has looked terrible and forced lately.
    TREYBOT