Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 195 of 227
  1. #181
    In pursuit of #9 PKM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    47,183
    Total Rep Points
    49273
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by bovice View Post
    Just because you're the leader doesn't mean you're the guy that has to take the last shot. He was forcing those way too hard. Westbrook-esque
    Yep.
    #dumptruckin

  2. #182
    Senior Member UGLI baby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    гег
    Posts
    31,406
    Total Rep Points
    44226
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by asian_roger View Post
    I applaud the effort by the Jazz. Golf clap for not getting blown out. Mo will hit those shots eventually.
    Dude, no.

    Those pull up jumpers Mo's routinely been hitting, you know, the ones that only elite guys like Kobe and Lebron make on a regular basis, he's gonna start missing those. Like almost all of them. It's going to get bad.
    #lol

  3. #183
    Senior Member orangello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Draft BPA
    Posts
    13,727
    Total Rep Points
    16443
    Rep Adjustment Power
    69
    Corbin is getting better.

    I believe Locke talked about an interview with Corbin that he wants teams to adjust to the Jazz and not the other way around.

    The problem is Tinsley is no longer a true NBA role player. He is a filler when absolutely necessary, but the Jazz are not at that point yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

  4. #184
    Senior Member Sneakers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,679
    Total Rep Points
    2688
    Rep Adjustment Power
    25
    I think Mo is fine taking those shots mid game, but late game do-or-die shots require more ball movement or at the very least more organization
    Long Live JYD

  5. #185
    Senior Member fishonjazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    K-TOWN
    Posts
    17,515
    Total Rep Points
    39507
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Just noticed in the box score that favors was 10-14 from the free throw line which is great improvement for him
    Hayward filled up the box score quite nicely.
    Tinsley managed to get 0 assists, 0 points, 0 free throw or shot attempts, 0 steals, 0 blocks, and 0 rebounds in his 10 minutes. (i give props to ty for playing him ONLY 10 minutes at least)

  6.  

     

  7. #186
    Senior Member candrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,795
    Total Rep Points
    6944
    Rep Adjustment Power
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneakers View Post
    I think Mo is fine taking those shots mid game, but late game do-or-die shots require more ball movement or at the very least more organization
    The shot Mo took when The Jazz were down by one with less than a minute was epicly bad decision making:

    I'm pretty sure Gordan Hayward hit his last few shots (although they were earlier in the game)
    Foye hit is last two shots (both 3's)
    Jefferson hit his last two shots
    Favors was fouled everytime he touched the ball.

    And Williams dribbles to the left base line and tries split two defenders with an up and under. About a low percentage shot a PG could make. It was downright Carlos Arroyo-like.

  8. #187
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    500
    Total Rep Points
    314
    Rep Adjustment Power
    11
    Why didn't Favors get more minutes! 26 minutes, 5 offensive rebounds, 14 free throws. His D is second to none on the team. C'mon Corbin! Free Favors! On a side note, Foye gets blown up over and over on D.

  9. #188
    Senior Member orangello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Draft BPA
    Posts
    13,727
    Total Rep Points
    16443
    Rep Adjustment Power
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by JazzyD View Post
    Why didn't Favors get more minutes! 26 minutes, 5 offensive rebounds, 14 free throws. His D is second to none on the team. C'mon Corbin! Free Favors! On a side note, Foye gets blown up over and over on D.
    This to both parts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

  10. #189
    Freelance Sperm Donor Siro's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    4,042
    Total Rep Points
    9541
    Rep Adjustment Power
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by JazzyD View Post
    Why didn't Favors get more minutes! 26 minutes, 5 offensive rebounds, 14 free throws. His D is second to none on the team. C'mon Corbin! Free Favors! On a side note, Foye gets blown up over and over on D.
    Because Millsap is contractually obligated to take at least 21 shots, and as much as it pained Corbin to play Favors only that much, Millsap had to play for 40 minutes to hit his quota.

  11. #190
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    500
    Total Rep Points
    314
    Rep Adjustment Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by SiroMar View Post
    Because Millsap is contractually obligated to take at least 21 shots, and as much as it pained Corbin to play Favors only that much, Millsap had to play for 40 minutes to hit his quota.
    I understand your point. KOC MUST make a move. I believe his hand is being forced at this point. Someone has to go to make room for Favors. This kid is special and has also shown some offensive improvement. In my book, he starts over either of Sap or Jefferson at this point. Hopefully we have something brewing because this can't go on much longer.

  12. #191
    Senior Member carolinajazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,728
    Total Rep Points
    -672
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by candrew View Post
    The shot Mo took when The Jazz were down by one with less than a minute was epicly bad decision making:


    And Williams dribbles to the left base line and tries split two defenders with an up and under. About a low percentage shot a PG could make.
    .....there's a reason he's bounced around from team to team all his career.......and the last shot sounds like your "describing" a hip-hopper type play!

  13. #192
    First BF League CHAMP nightmare3983's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    My happy place (the start of another NBA season)
    Posts
    10,959
    Total Rep Points
    9515
    Rep Adjustment Power
    42
    It was a nice showing by the Jazz in spite of the loss. Hopefully they can continue to give themselves a chance to win every time on the road.

  14. #193
    Senior Member Cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    27,728
    Total Rep Points
    17150
    Rep Adjustment Power
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by orangello View Post
    Corbin is getting better.

    I believe Locke talked about an interview with Corbin that he wants teams to adjust to the Jazz and not the other way around.

    The problem is Tinsley is no longer a true NBA role player. He is a filler when absolutely necessary, but the Jazz are not at that point yet.
    You know Tinsley is like top 5 in assist per minute?
    :^D

  15. #194
    Senior Member NUMBERICA's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    13,395
    Total Rep Points
    15837
    Rep Adjustment Power
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by spycam1 View Post
    Mo was pretty terrible down the stretch, but he's still much better than Harris. No need to have a melt down.

    What we should be complaining about is Tinsley getting 10 minutes and having nothing to show for it but 3 fouls and 1 turnover. Yet, he'll still get his minutes next game. Alec who?
    Hindsight. Tinsley is the best PG on the team, which is more an indictment on the players the Jazz have than a compliment to Tinsley.
    Quote Originally Posted by every forum dreg
    I think he can play SF

  16. #195
    Senior Member NUMBERICA's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    13,395
    Total Rep Points
    15837
    Rep Adjustment Power
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by Catchall View Post
    The Celts are just a slightly more efficient offensive team. Jazz won the battle of the boards and kept turnovers in check, but just aren't quite a well-oiled offensive machine. The Jazz need one more polished offensive player.
    The problem is the Jazz offensively have no idea what their bread is. Or their butter. Or their bread and butter. They don't know who to go to in what situations. It gets ugly.
    Quote Originally Posted by every forum dreg
    I think he can play SF

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •