Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bovice View Post
    Just because you're the leader doesn't mean you're the guy that has to take the last shot. He was forcing those way too hard. Westbrook-esque
    Yep.
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

The confusion...

---
    Pre-season mock (7/13/13) - page 111

Quote Originally Posted by asian_roger View Post
    I applaud the effort by the Jazz. Golf clap for not getting blown out. Mo will hit those shots eventually.
    Dude, no.

Those pull up jumpers Mo's routinely been hitting, you know, the ones that only elite guys like Kobe and Lebron make on a regular basis, he's gonna start missing those. Like almost all of them. It's going to get bad.
    #Hope4Hoiberg #OrOllie

Corbin is getting better.

I believe Locke talked about an interview with Corbin that he wants teams to adjust to the Jazz and not the other way around.

The problem is Tinsley is no longer a true NBA role player. He is a filler when absolutely necessary, but the Jazz are not at that point yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

I think Mo is fine taking those shots mid game, but late game do-or-die shots require more ball movement or at the very least more organization
    Long Live JYD

Just noticed in the box score that favors was 10-14 from the free throw line which is great improvement for him
    Hayward filled up the box score quite nicely.
    Tinsley managed to get 0 assists, 0 points, 0 free throw or shot attempts, 0 steals, 0 blocks, and 0 rebounds in his 10 minutes. (i give props to ty for playing him ONLY 10 minutes at least)

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakers View Post
    I think Mo is fine taking those shots mid game, but late game do-or-die shots require more ball movement or at the very least more organization
    The shot Mo took when The Jazz were down by one with less than a minute was epicly bad decision making:

I'm pretty sure Gordan Hayward hit his last few shots (although they were earlier in the game)
    Foye hit is last two shots (both 3's)
    Jefferson hit his last two shots
    Favors was fouled everytime he touched the ball.

And Williams dribbles to the left base line and tries split two defenders with an up and under. About a low percentage shot a PG could make. It was downright Carlos Arroyo-like.

Why didn't Favors get more minutes! 26 minutes, 5 offensive rebounds, 14 free throws. His D is second to none on the team. C'mon Corbin! Free Favors! On a side note, Foye gets blown up over and over on D.

Quote Originally Posted by JazzyD View Post
    Why didn't Favors get more minutes! 26 minutes, 5 offensive rebounds, 14 free throws. His D is second to none on the team. C'mon Corbin! Free Favors! On a side note, Foye gets blown up over and over on D.
    This to both parts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Quote Originally Posted by JazzyD View Post
    Because Millsap is contractually obligated to take at least 21 shots, and as much as it pained Corbin to play Favors only that much, Millsap had to play for 40 minutes to hit his quota.

Quote Originally Posted by SiroMar View Post
    Because Millsap is contractually obligated to take at least 21 shots, and as much as it pained Corbin to play Favors only that much, Millsap had to play for 40 minutes to hit his quota.
    I understand your point. KOC MUST make a move. I believe his hand is being forced at this point. Someone has to go to make room for Favors. This kid is special and has also shown some offensive improvement. In my book, he starts over either of Sap or Jefferson at this point. Hopefully we have something brewing because this can't go on much longer.

Quote Originally Posted by candrew View Post
    The shot Mo took when The Jazz were down by one with less than a minute was epicly bad decision making:

And Williams dribbles to the left base line and tries split two defenders with an up and under. About a low percentage shot a PG could make.
    .....there's a reason he's bounced around from team to team all his career.......and the last shot sounds like your "describing" a hip-hopper type play!

It was a nice showing by the Jazz in spite of the loss. Hopefully they can continue to give themselves a chance to win every time on the road.
    Buckle Up Jazz

Tank Watch Bottom (or is it Top?) 5:

1. Milwaukee Bucks 15-66 L2
    2. Philadelphia 76ers 18-63 W1
    3. Orlando Magic 23-58 L3
    4. Utah Jazz 24-57 L5
    5. Boston Celtics 25-56 L1

Quote Originally Posted by orangello View Post
    Corbin is getting better.

I believe Locke talked about an interview with Corbin that he wants teams to adjust to the Jazz and not the other way around.

The problem is Tinsley is no longer a true NBA role player. He is a filler when absolutely necessary, but the Jazz are not at that point yet.
    You know Tinsley is like top 5 in assist per minute?
    'Merican League Consensus (kind of) PWR RANKS

12) Goose

Quote Originally Posted by spycam1 View Post
    Mo was pretty terrible down the stretch, but he's still much better than Harris. No need to have a melt down.

What we should be complaining about is Tinsley getting 10 minutes and having nothing to show for it but 3 fouls and 1 turnover. Yet, he'll still get his minutes next game. Alec who?
    Hindsight. Tinsley is the best PG on the team, which is more an indictment on the players the Jazz have than a compliment to Tinsley.
    #loseeveryremaininggame

Quote Originally Posted by Catchall View Post
    The Celts are just a slightly more efficient offensive team. Jazz won the battle of the boards and kept turnovers in check, but just aren't quite a well-oiled offensive machine. The Jazz need one more polished offensive player.
    The problem is the Jazz offensively have no idea what their bread is. Or their butter. Or their bread and butter. They don't know who to go to in what situations. It gets ugly.
    #loseeveryremaininggame