Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast
Results 211 to 225 of 227
  1. #211
    Senior Member candrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,728
    Total Rep Points
    6111
    Rep Adjustment Power
    36
    I love Tinsley's court vision but the fact is he just can't guard anyone. Last night he tried to grab Barbosa's shrit on a drive and missed.

    You know you're slow when you can't even intentionally foul any more.

  2. #212
    Senior Member JGolds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    1,461
    Total Rep Points
    2337
    Rep Adjustment Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by candrew View Post
    I love Tinsley's court vision but the fact is he just can't guard anyone. Last night he tried to grab Barbosa's shrit on a drive and missed.

    You know you're slow when you can't even intentionally foul any more.
    not to mention he isnt a scoring threat... the guy cant even shoot, soooo the pg defending him just stands back and waits for him to driblle and pass... he has good court vision. he would make a better coach then player at this point. i think it so strange that we have two back up pgs that cant shoot the ball for crap.. aka tin tin and watson.
    “Silence is golden, and gold is up these days, so silence is a solid investment.”
    ― Jarod Kintz


  3. #213
    Senior Member bjunior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    916
    Total Rep Points
    1368
    Rep Adjustment Power
    15
    That's why Foye must be the backup pg and Burks backup sg. At least Corbin must try this a couple of times.

  4. #214
    Senior Member //r00t 4 Jazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,743
    Total Rep Points
    2141
    Rep Adjustment Power
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by bjunior View Post
    That's why Foye must be the backup pg and Burks backup sg. At least Corbin must try this a couple of times.
    I don't hate Corbin as much as the vocal majority seem to and he did try it in Memphis I believe and they played horrible but that was with Evans playing the 3. Point being I would like to see it as well especially with how bad Tinsley has been playing the last few games.

  5. #215
    His Premiumness Siro's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    3,802
    Total Rep Points
    8398
    Rep Adjustment Power
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by //r00t 4 Jazz View Post
    I don't hate Corbin as much as the vocal majority seem to and he did try it in Memphis I believe and they played horrible but that was with Evans playing the 3. Point being I would like to see it as well especially with how bad Tinsley has been playing the last few games.
    You realize that playing someone for 5 minutes every 10 games does NOT count as "I gave you a chance and you failed". Right? The NBA is very tough and younger players need to play A LOT of minutes to even hope to touch their potential. Kanter will never be an elite player playing 14 mpg. Never. And the damage that is being done to Burks can last his entire career. Young player need minutes, and sitting on the bench for years on an end inflicts permanent harm to their development.

  6. #216
    Moderator Stoked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Southern Utah
    Posts
    21,087
    Total Rep Points
    25862
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by //r00t 4 Jazz View Post
    I don't hate Corbin as much as the vocal majority seem to and he did try it in Memphis I believe and they played horrible but that was with Evans playing the 3. Point being I would like to see it as well especially with how bad Tinsley has been playing the last few games.
    I do not hate Corbin. I think hating him is stupid.

    However I do beleive that he is not the right man for the job. He will never be a coach of the level that the jazz need to reach a championship.

    No sense trying to get the right players if you knowingly keep the wrong coach and staff. I liek Corbin, seems liek a nice guy. But I don't want a nice guy. I want the right guy.
    #BelieveInLindsey

  7. #217
    Senior Member TheSilencer1313's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Tooele, Utah
    Posts
    3,101
    Total Rep Points
    1156
    Rep Adjustment Power
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by SiroMar View Post
    You realize that playing someone for 5 minutes every 10 games does NOT count as "I gave you a chance and you failed". Right? The NBA is very tough and younger players need to play A LOT of minutes to even hope to touch their potential. Kanter will never be an elite player playing 14 mpg. Never. And the damage that is being done to Burks can last his entire career. Young player need minutes, and sitting on the bench for years on an end inflicts permanent harm to their development.
    All that needed to be said here. This!
    "If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

  8. #218
    Senior Member Brown Notes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,367
    Total Rep Points
    1333
    Rep Adjustment Power
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by SiroMar View Post
    You realize that playing someone for 5 minutes every 10 games does NOT count as "I gave you a chance and you failed". Right? The NBA is very tough and younger players need to play A LOT of minutes to even hope to touch their potential. Kanter will never be an elite player playing 14 mpg. Never. And the damage that is being done to Burks can last his entire career. Young player need minutes, and sitting on the bench for years on an end inflicts permanent harm to their development.
    The trouble with this approach, for Corbin, is that a coach that develops 4 players at the same time is developing them for the next coach.
    "I'm a moron for thinking the Browns could even sniff 10 wins in a division where the other three teams (two of whom almost always make the playoffs) made the post-season last year. Gyp Rosetti's thee God of football knowledge." - Brown Notes

  9. #219
    His Premiumness Siro's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    3,802
    Total Rep Points
    8398
    Rep Adjustment Power
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown Notes View Post
    The trouble with this approach, for Corbin, is that a coach that develops 4 players at the same time is developing them for the next coach.
    That's assuming the management is either oblivious or indifferent to the problem, and that they just hope to stay good enough to compete for that last playoff spot on the cheap. Nobody is expecting the Jazz to go 60-22 with all the young players getting full time minutes. We expect them to take a season or two of playing together to get to the same level (marginal playoffs team). But the potential payoff is FAR better than what we currently have.

    If the management is indeed forcing Corbin's hand, then the whole point is moot. This is the product they are willing to offer and things are working as intended. I can accept that. The NBA is the only sport I follow, and the Jazz is the only team I care about. I'd just focus on my other interests, and life goes on.

  10. #220
    Senior Member //r00t 4 Jazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,743
    Total Rep Points
    2141
    Rep Adjustment Power
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by SiroMar View Post
    You realize that playing someone for 5 minutes every 10 games does NOT count as "I gave you a chance and you failed". Right? The NBA is very tough and younger players need to play A LOT of minutes to even hope to touch their potential. Kanter will never be an elite player playing 14 mpg. Never. And the damage that is being done to Burks can last his entire career. Young player need minutes, and sitting on the bench for years on an end inflicts permanent harm to their development.
    I was more speaking towards Burks low playing time then Kanter's at least he gets some minutes each game and the last 2 games Kanter has been erratic, looks like he's forcing again, he's probably just trying to hard. But with the way he's played the last 2 games I was okay (in this case) of his low minute total.

    As for Corbin I get just as mad at him as I did with Sloan but without the benefit of the doubt because of what Sloan had accomplished. So I can't say one way or the other if he is a long term coach or not, I am of mind that since this team wont be ready and is growing for a couple of years I can understand that the Jazz FO is allowing Corbin the same time and room to grow as a HC.

  11. #221
    Senior Member Brown Notes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,367
    Total Rep Points
    1333
    Rep Adjustment Power
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by SiroMar View Post
    That's assuming the management is either oblivious or indifferent to the problem, and that they just hope to stay good enough to compete for that last playoff spot on the cheap. Nobody is expecting the Jazz to go 60-22 with all the young players getting full time minutes. We expect them to take a season or two of playing together to get to the same level (marginal playoffs team). But the potential payoff is FAR better than what we currently have.

    If the management is indeed forcing Corbin's hand, then the whole point is moot. This is the product they are willing to offer and things are working as intended. I can accept that. The NBA is the only sport I follow, and the Jazz is the only team I care about. I'd just focus on my other interests, and life goes on.
    Seems to me that the problem would be solved trading Burks for Bledsoe, assuming that CP and Eric were both willing to sign extensions. Those guys are starting Willie Green FFS. Kanter is a project. Favors is just now getting his. Gordon has been playing a large role. The only odd men out are Evans who is probably not ever going to be even a serious role player, and Burks.
    Last edited by Brown Notes; 11-15-2012 at 04:43 PM.
    "I'm a moron for thinking the Browns could even sniff 10 wins in a division where the other three teams (two of whom almost always make the playoffs) made the post-season last year. Gyp Rosetti's thee God of football knowledge." - Brown Notes

  12.  

     

  13. #222
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    53
    Total Rep Points
    75
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    I thought the Celtics would be worse without Pietrus, Allen, and Bradley. But they are not bad!

  14. #223
    Senior Member bovice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    686
    Total Rep Points
    902
    Rep Adjustment Power
    13
    I like what I've seen from Bledsoe, and I'd think about trading Burks for him straight up. Can he run a pick and roll? and how good of a passer is he?

  15. #224
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    844
    Total Rep Points
    926
    Rep Adjustment Power
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by bovice View Post
    I like what I've seen from Bledsoe, and I'd think about trading Burks for him straight up. Can he run a pick and roll? and how good of a passer is he?
    I would do this trade easy. Doubt LA would.

  16. #225
    Lazy Nate505's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Lakewood, CO
    Posts
    5,409
    Total Rep Points
    7759
    Rep Adjustment Power
    42
    Mo's shot and decision making in the last two minutes of this game were absolutely piss poor. Still, my guess is he'll win a few games for the Jazz this way as well. Just hope the losses don't add up more than the wins.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •