This thread depresses the **** out of me.
(first update) Offseason to-do list:
1. Let Mo, Foyeeee3, Al (s&t?), Watson, and Tinsley go.
2. Re-sign Carroll
3. Draft McCollum, Schroeder, and Giannis (leave the latter two in Europe for a year [maybe two years for Giannis]).
4. Sign Tony Allen
5. Try to keep Millsap. If that doesn't work, explore s&t options.
6. Remove Corbin. Hire Brad Stevens or SVG.
7. Sign Calderon to a one-year (2 max) deal, or see if the cash-strapped Lakers will let us absorb Nash's last year.
The general difference between Ty and Sloan teams is that once the ball goes into the post, there is no action off the ball. At all. Whatsoever. Boozer always had options even if he took a dumb fadeaway. Neither Paul nor Al ever have a cutter.
Corbin can semi-fix this IMO by putting two guys on the strong side wing (option 1.a), cutting two players from strong wing at the same time (1.b) & in succession (1.c), & pushing Millsap down low (option 2). If Jefferson is getting doubled/trippled they might as well have a threat close to the basket.
Starters aren't running an offense & the second unit is. Just another piece to the puzzle of figuring out who exactly Tyrone Corbin is.