Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    First BF League CHAMP nightmare3983's Avatar
    My happy place (the start of another NBA season)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Hack View Post
    Eh. Maybe you are right. I just thought I remembered people down playing John's abilities, saying he was a product of Karl Malone. I specifically remember Mark Jackson saying he wasnt that good. Maybe it was a only a couple people. I was young back then when I watched him, so I may be over exaggerating it a little.
    Mark Jackson was always jealous of John Stockton.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I never heard him say bad things about Stockton, but I do recall Jackson leading something of a revolt that year he was with the Jazz in which he was critical of what he thought was Stockton's and Jerry's conservative style, not throwing alley-oops for instance. I remember Jackson wanted to open up things more and threw a few to AK who could really get up in those days when he was young. Actually, Jackson was one of the best ever at throwing the alley-oop. Now you see it all the time.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmare3983 View Post
    http://www.foxsportsflorida.com/11/1...7&feedID=10140

Payton says that, if inducted to the Hall of Fame, he would choose John Stockton and George Gervin as presenters.
    Yeah, I remember him saying that Stockton was the only guy (at least at the time, it was after Magic and Zeke were retired) that he never talked smack too on the court. Him shutting his mouth up is hard to believe (on the other hand he's one of my favorite non Jazz players of all time, even though I hated when the Jazz played the Sonics back in the day).

Dutch Gone Countdown: 346 Posts left as of 11:25 PM MST on 11/24/14. At an average of about 6 posts a day, estimated Dutch Gone Time is 58 days from now (1/21/15)

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Eenie-Meenie View Post
    I never heard him say bad things about Stockton, but I do recall Jackson leading something of a revolt that year he was with the Jazz in which he was critical of what he thought was Stockton's and Jerry's conservative style, not throwing alley-oops for instance. I remember Jackson wanted to open up things more and threw a few to AK who could really get up in those days when he was young. Actually, Jackson was one of the best ever at throwing the alley-oop. Now you see it all the time.
    Mark Jackson said The Jazz were doing a bad job of opening things up and developing their young players.

I think I've heard that once or twice before - not sure where.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Payton And C-Web combo was entertaining on NBA TV. I think Payton was a mocker and hyperactive than that they can handle and a little lack of knowledge about what happening around the NBA unlike McHale who is a workaholic. So they fired him and hired McHale. But for me it won`t change the fact that it was one of the best studio shows ever..

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Mark Jackson was, and is, a ****ing idiot.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Gary Payton > Mark Jackson, in every way.

I refuse to believe GP would have tanked so obviously as well.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    he wouldn't invite mj that's for sure.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    ...never liked Payton....too much of a trash talker.....thought way too much of himself. He did kinda of mellow out when he got older, but his attitude and manner both on and off the court was less than professional. I doubt Stockton would even show up for his HOF induction. Oh, by the way, if Reggie Miller wasn't a first ballot, Payton won't be either!

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by carolinajazz View Post
    ...just a bunch of....stupid rambling....and moronic....proclamations!
    This

First BF League CHAMP nightmare3983's Avatar
    My happy place (the start of another NBA season)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by carolinajazz View Post
    Oh, by the way, if Reggie Miller wasn't a first ballot, Payton won't be either!
    I agree with that statement.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I don't. Payton was a better player than Reggie. Reggie should have been a first ballot, but because he wasn't doesn't mean Payton shouldn't be.

Also, I guarantee that Stockton would be there if Payton asked. If not, he'd be pretty ****ing classless.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    He may not be a first ballot HOFer, but I disagree with the rationale. Payton was 10x the player Miller was. Payton was a DPOY, made 2 NBA first teams, 5 second teams, 2 third teams, and 9 NBA all defensive teams. Miller made the all NBA third team three times in his career, and nothing better. Miller's 3 point shooting record and extremely memorable clutch moments against the Knicks gave him a far better resume than his actual career did.

Dutch Gone Countdown: 346 Posts left as of 11:25 PM MST on 11/24/14. At an average of about 6 posts a day, estimated Dutch Gone Time is 58 days from now (1/21/15)

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by YB85 View Post
    I don't. Payton was a better player than Reggie. Reggie should have been a first ballot, but because he wasn't doesn't mean Payton shouldn't be.

Also, I guarantee that Stockton would be there if Payton asked. If not, he'd be pretty ****ing classless.
    No kidding. Stockton asked Isiah Thomas to do his introduction and he did, and it's not like they were ever the best of friends in their careers.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Look at the eligible names for 2013. I'm about 90% sure Payton is a first ballot HOFer.

Bernard King
    Jerry Krause
    Mark Jackson
    Tim Hardaway
    Bobby Jones
    Mitch Richmond
    Maurice Cheeks
    George McGinnis
    Rick Pitino
    Slick Leonard