Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by SiroMar View Post
    Is Kanter white? I need to memorize the arbitrary racial classification of each national origin.
    He's white enough, so I went with it.
    "If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSilencer1313 View Post
    Well stop being so racially insensitive.
    #BelieveInLindsey #BelieveInSnyder

I Got a feeling that tonight's gonna be a good night; that tonight's gonna be a good night;
    that tonight's gonna be a good good night; wooh hoo (x4) - For Cy

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSilencer1313 View Post
    Oh, I don't disagree with what you're saying. It's a bit insulting to classify someone as a "stiff" based on his skin color. But it's also silly because the labels themselves carry little meaning.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by SiroMar View Post
    I hope GS keep their pick. None of those kids deserves a ruined career.
    The Jazz will get another 1 year rental and let the rookies rot on the bench. If we picked up Irving, he would probably still be sitting on the bench behind Tinsley and Earl. LOL

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Who cares who they draft. The Jazz will just sign some journeyman vet and Ty will sit the rookie on the bench because they hadn't paid their dues or whatever dumbass rationale he uses.

Dutch Gone Countdown: 346 Posts left as of 11:25 PM MST on 11/24/14. At an average of about 6 posts a day, estimated Dutch Gone Time is 58 days from now (1/21/15)

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate505 View Post
    Who cares who they draft. The Jazz will just sign some journeyman vet and Ty will sit the rookie on the bench because they hadn't paid their dues or whatever dumbass rationale he uses.
    I'm hoping this crap changes next year when all the contracts expire. Having said that, it won't matter for Burks at that point; his development and/or desire to be on the team will have completely been destroyed by then, if he continues to stockpile DNP's.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by mellow View Post
    I'm pretty frustrated with the jazz so I say who cares. Even if the jazz get the 12 and 18 picks in this draft I'm sure they can blow it by
    1-drafting a player that duplicates another player on the roster,
    2-rating character much higher than basketball skill,
    3- letting whoever they draft sit on the bench.

Go Jazz.
    I think especially with those 2 points - they could have drafted Kawhai Leonard and play him from the get go with Hayward. I know Burks has amazing potential but having him stuck behind Hayward isn't going to do anything to bring out that potential.

Leonard has proven to be a SOLID defender who can rebound and steal at a great rate. He's also developing into a decent 3pt shooter. He size means he could play with Hayward interchangeably at SG/SF pretty easily.
    2014CurrentDraftChampion

2014AllTimeDraftRunner-Up

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotttnickkk View Post
    I think especially with those 2 points - they could have drafted Kawhai Leonard and play him from the get go with Hayward. I know Burks has amazing potential but having him stuck behind Hayward isn't going to do anything to bring out that potential.

Leonard has proven to be a SOLID defender who can rebound and steal at a great rate. He's also developing into a decent 3pt shooter. He size means he could play with Hayward interchangeably at SG/SF pretty easily.
    Dude plays for Popovich. He would not have reached that potential under Corbin.

And if we drafted him, then we have talked about the fact that he did not prove anything yet to play 10+ min
    Last edited by bjunior; 11-15-2012 at 03:00 PM.

First BF League CHAMP nightmare3983's Avatar
    My happy place (the start of another NBA season)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by margodydek View Post
    We also get Chicago's 2nd rounder this year, right?
    I think the only picks the Jazz are owed are the GS one and Brooklyn's 2015 second round pick.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by bjunior View Post

And if we drafted him, then we have talked about the fact that he did not prove anything yet to play 10+ min
    Burks would be killing it in San Antonio.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by bjunior View Post

My point was more the fact that Hayward was playing SG most of last year, and we drafted Burks who we know is a SG as well, making it more difficult to give Burks & Hayward playing time together on court... if we had drafted Leonard, that may have made it easier to play him at SF alongside Hayward...

But yeah.. it's Corbin we're talking about here...
    2014CurrentDraftChampion

2014AllTimeDraftRunner-Up

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenwood View Post
    Last time I checked various media outlets, even they couldn't agree:

2013 – top 7 protected (per Draft Express, ESPN.com) or top 6 protected (per RealGM, Sheridan Hoops)

I'm sure it'll be cleared up later in the season.
    There have been links that have already cleared this up. It's top 7 this season. Not that it matters. It's going to end up being the 12th pick or thereabouts.

Also, thanks everyone for giving PKM credit for being correct about it being top 7 protected when I was the OP. ****ing hacks.

Also, if we get say the 11th and 15th picks, how high could we move up? #8? #9? I want Poythress.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Does anyone know which SG and which PF KOC is targeting in this year's draft?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by margodydek View Post
    Does anyone know which SG and which PF KOC is targeting in this year's draft?
    Seriously? I can't imagine he's really thinking about that right now. Scouts are scouting but no serious consideration would be meaningfully discussed this early.
    #dumptruckin

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    Seriously? I can't imagine he's really thinking about that right now. Scouts are scouting but no serious consideration would be meaningfully discussed this early.
    Biff!!!