Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by mellow View Post
    Jazz Big Line up vs Sixers Small Ball.... Jazz outrebounded by 3, only because Hayward (0 rebounds/23 mins) and Marvin (2 rebounds/22mins) got benched for Carroll (5 rebounds 23 minutes) would have been alot worst.

A veces pienso que sería más feliz Hayward ser un contador.
    Watching every sixer take balls out of Jefferson's and Millsap's hands was frustrating as hell. I don't think either one of them even attempted to box out all night.
    Welcome aboard Snyder, Exum and Hood. Here is to hoping this season is more entertaining than the last 3.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    This opinion won't be popular......

I don't think Al is the problem. He can be productive, and he is passing much much better. But when he has to carry the team the task is sometimes too much for him. I see the problem being the wings. No scoring, no rebounding, no defense, no heart.

What the jazz need is a dynamic wing who is not afraid to attack the basket or take the shot or otherwise be the man. I think that kind of player would take the pressure off of Al and it would also allow Ty to play Favors more without worrying about Favors not so developed offense.
    Last edited by mellow; 11-16-2012 at 09:25 PM.
    If the ball doesn't move, you will be on the bench! -DOL

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Definitely will not be staying up until 3am if it results in us putting zero effort in like this

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by NAOS View Post
    Lolz at Corbin's absolute predictability. Collins and his type will always run circles around him.
    I know right, Collins led his team to the 8th seed last season in a weaker eastern conference despite them getting off to a hot start and a bad finish. Where as Corbin ruined a sure fire Finals team to some how get off to a slow start but come on strong at the end to eek into the playoffs all in spite of his sucktatude.

*note I am not saying he's done everything I'd like to see as well*

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by cowhide View Post
    Mo, Foye, Tinsley, Hayward, Marvin are the main contributors to why the Jazz are losing tonight. People complain about AJ a lot but our backcourt is average most nights. Our defense for the most part has been really bad.
    AJ and Millsap are supposed to be our go to guys. They play no defense and Jefferson refused to do anything but take Jumpers over his defender and you want to blame the backcourt?

We lost because our starters don't know how to play without somebody cheering them on. The starting lineup for this team is pathetic and needs to change. All of Jefferson, Marvin and Hayward need to be benched. Start Favors, Millsap, Burks, Mo and Carrolle. At least with that lineup you know you will be playing with energy.
    Welcome aboard Snyder, Exum and Hood. Here is to hoping this season is more entertaining than the last 3.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Thriller can go ahead an neg rep me......

I don't think Al is the problem. He can be productive, and he is passing much much better. When he has to carry the team the task is sometimes too much for him. I see the problem being the wings. No scoring, no rebounding, no defense, no heart.

What the jazz need is a dynamic wing who is not afraid to attack the basket or take the shot or otherwise be the man. I think that kind of player would take the pressure off of Al and it would allow Ty to play Favors and his not so developed offense to play more often.
    His passing is not better. In fact it is worse that he is trying and losing the ball than when he was just forcing a shot. And Al's defense is non existent. It's worse than Boozer at this point. At least Boozer blocked out and got the rebound when they missed. Jefferson doesn't even bother doing that.

We have the wing you want on the bench. His name is Burks. But for some reason our coach won't play him at all.

Our wings can play decent defense they just don't have anybody backing them up. It's no coincidence that our defense improve when Favors is on the floor. Because our wings can play more aggressive and worry less about a guy going unmolested toward the basket.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Our dynamic wing player is Gordon Hayward. He has been relegated to spot-up shooter when he should be the primary playmaker in the offense. If you ran him at point in the second unit, you wouldn't need to rely so heavily on Tinsley and could maybe find minutes for guys like Burks and Carroll.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by gregbroncs View Post
    AJ and Millsap are supposed to be our go to guys. They play no defense and Jefferson refused to do anything but take Jumpers over his defender and you want to blame the backcourt?

We lost because our starters don't know how to play without somebody cheering them on. The starting lineup for this team is pathetic and needs to change. All of Jefferson, Marvin and Hayward need to be benched. Start Favors, Millsap, Burks, Mo and Carrolle. At least with that lineup you know you will be playing with energy.
    What did Mo Williams do? He was getting torched by Holiday and had zero assists for most of the game. He padded his stats at the end of the game. Marvin Williams 2 pts. Hayward zero rebounds and 3-8 shooting. Foye was invisible most of the game. Yea AJ and Millsap sucked on defense but Millsap kept the Jazz in the game during the 3rd period. It seems as though you missed most of the game if you don't think the back court weren't the big contributors to the Jazz losing.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    This opinion won't be popular......

I don't think Al is the problem. He can be productive, and he is passing much much better. But when he has to carry the team the task is sometimes too much for him. I see the problem being the wings. No scoring, no rebounding, no defense, no heart.

What the jazz need is a dynamic wing who is not afraid to attack the basket or take the shot or otherwise be the man. I think that kind of player would take the pressure off of Al and it would also allow Ty to play Favors more without worrying about Favors not so developed offense.
    You mean that guy named Burks who rots on the bench? The guy who was top 3 or 4 of all shooting guards in free throws attempted per minute last season?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    This has nothing, nothing, nothing to do about players.

The only question now is when the shills of the Jazz media (looking at you, Locke) will address the elephant in the corner of the room: We might have the worst half court offense in the league.

We have too many good players to ever be the worst statistically. But we should be much better than we are, and it's clear Ty has no idea how to fix the problem.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Props to Carroll. He stinks, and I loathe the idea he will get more minutes after tonight, and he'll never shoot as well again, but the reality is he's a great guy to have on a team that doesn't run an offense. But where most coaches would have called tonight's game a 'spark,' Ty will put him into the regular rotation 5 games too long.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    If there are 5 worse starting point guards than Mo Williams, I want the list.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by billyshelby View Post
    If there are 5 worse starting point guards than Mo Williams, I want the list.
    Steve Blake, anybody on the Kings, Ramon Sessions, Mario Chalmers, AJ Price, Jeff Teaque, Luke Ridnour, Linsanity, brandon Knight, Etauwn Moore, Jameer Nelson, and Jose Calderon.

If Mo sucks so bad why isn't Burks given a chance?

A better question is, can you think of 5 worse coaches than Ty Corbin?

Or 5 softer bigs than Jefferson?

Or 5 reasons why Burks shouldn't be playing?
    Lakers Suck.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    had Damien Lillard been drafted by the Jazz his greatest stat would be DNP.

That's saying something. Ty needs to go.

portland isn't afraid to play their lotto pick big mins. Why are the Jazz afraid to play their lotto picks big mins?

it's a huge crime that Favors isn't playing 30+ mins, Kanter 20+, and Burks 20+.
    Lakers Suck.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    This Locke comment cracks me up: "Hayward and Marvin were quiet tonight. I have a hard time understanding if they are to blame or if the Jazz reverted back to throwing it in the left block and when that happens they don’t get many chances."

Locke is there. Every night. And yet it's obvious he knows nothing. Going into the post tonight against Philly's terrible frontline made sense. But if there is no design to have Hayward and Marvin crash the basket without the basketball, we get reduced to a YMCA team that watches the Big Man try to score.

When is Locke going to admit the problem is Ty? The reality is I don't think he can given his relationship with the Jazz. At the same time, the longer he ignores this, the more he loses credibility.