Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by billyshelby View Post
    Props to Carroll. He stinks, and I loathe the idea he will get more minutes after tonight, and he'll never shoot as well again, but the reality is he's a great guy to have on a team that doesn't run an offense. But where most coaches would have called tonight's game a 'spark,' Ty will put him into the regular rotation 5 games too long.
    What is there to hate about Carroll?

Comes off the bench and plays great defense (ball hound, creates havoc, goes after everything, can guard at least three positions), has seemingly limitless energy, hits open shots, plays within the offense (whatever that is), has a surprisingly good handle, isn't an aging veteran stealing minutes, has improved his game since he came into the league, and doesn't complain if he sits on the bench for two weeks. Jesus, I would love it if he was starting again.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    There are few things that come to mind after watching tonight's game.

1. IMO the Jazz had a real shot to win the game until Mo decided to shoot a 3 when the Jazz had a 3-2 fast break with like 3 or so minutes left in the game. The Jazz were down four at that point and never recovered. If they could have got the basket there it would have been a one possession game. His decision making down the stretch is horrid, and the Jazz desperately need a real PG in the worst way. Watching Holliday crap all over him was fun too, sigh.

2. Hard to win games when the opposition shoots 10-18 from 3 point land. Some of it was just fine shooting (the whole first quarter it seemed like the 6ers couldn't miss) but a lot of it was the typical Jazz "let the other team destroy you from 3 point land" defense that's aggravating to watch.

3. Carroll had the game of his life. The bench played really well, but Ty in his grand Ty fashion brought back the starters and they proceeded to suck it up at the end of the 2nd.

Dutch Gone Countdown: 346 Posts left as of 11:25 PM MST on 11/24/14. At an average of about 6 posts a day, estimated Dutch Gone Time is 58 days from now (1/21/15)

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Seriously, I feel like every road game we play is the opposing team's best game of the season.
    http://jazzfanz.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1889&dateline=1332058703

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    It looks like this benching Burks thing is really working out...
    "Hayward can be a #1?"......"Maybe if he goes down to Fort Wayne...DLeague" -ESPN

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Boy am I glad I missed this game.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Just saw the game. Well.. )))

Even Jon Barry didn't understand what's going on with this team.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Was at the game and I don't get a chance to consistently watch the Jazz like most of the other posters, so some of this may be obvious to everyone, but I'll share my impressions, since a view from a distance can sometimes be different:

Mo: a top-notch backup point guard.
    Al: offense goes into a twighlight zone when he has the ball in his hands. Other players going through the paces but not really expecting the ball to come to them
    Marvin: was he on the court?
    Favors/ Kantor: low court awareness and body control evident from time to time. Some effort from Kantor, but not the fire in the belly I expected
    Demarre: freakin spark plug. Translate his passion and love for the game to other 11, we'd be going somewhere.
    Milsap: Duncan-esque high basketball IQ, body control, positioning on both ends (minus Duncan's physical skills/size). If we lose him, a lot of intangible benefits disappear.

One other observation was that the perimeter defense was not as bad as the 3-point % would indicate. Sixers were on a mission and very hot (obviously)

Team lacked consistent intensity, woke up and then got dispirited. Need to find a way to self-motivate without a crowd.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    They had a good jump shooting game because their jump shots were all WIDE OPEN. Seriously who just lets a guard move behind a screen and stand there and shoot. Especially once they started making them. The effort by the starters on the defensive end was pathetic all game long.

But the biggest problem with this team right now sits on the bench in a suit.
    Welcome aboard Snyder, Exum and Hood. Here is to hoping this season is more entertaining than the last 3.

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by jazz_fanatic View Post
    Boy am I glad I missed this game.
    Seeing Caroll have the game of his career is the only thing that is helping me justify staying up till 3am to watch the game this morning.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Warning, this rank is going to be a few posts long.

Jefferson is worthless in every aspect of the game with the exception of his footwork/low post game. When he is shooting jump shots he needs to be benched. Here is the most telling state of the night for the starters, 1 offense rebound for all 5 players combined and that was from Mo Williams.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Mo Williams was hurt last night, visibly hurt. I remember one play that they threw it to him ans he was about to catch it with his right hand and then immediately got rid of it to his left hand. The injury is not an excuse for his bad shots. Unfortunately for the Jazz he wasn't the only one taking bad shots. Jefferson, Millsap, Foye, Tinsley Marvin and Hayward are also to blame.
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Carroll was great. He will never shoot that good again but he deserves more playing time. I wish I was saying that about Burks but Carroll looked better than Burks at any point in the season.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I'm officially off the Millsap bandwagon. He can do some incredible things at times but he needs to be traded while people are still high on him. Yes, he added a 3 pt stroke to his game. I think that is great, but what got him playing time in the NBA? It was his rebounding, his hustle, his selflessness and his attitude to accept any role that was asked of him.

Where is that Millsap? I can think of at least two different time last night that he decided to bring the ball down the court on the fast break and he had an open player cutting to the rim for easy points and instead he either took the shot himself (which he missed) or he made the wrong pass. If he gets benched I can see him giving up. I know that there is a huge market for Millsap somewhere and it is time to test that market.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    The bench bringing the game back for the team is getting so old. Corbin had been doing a better job of playing the players that deserved to be on the court but last night he went completely backwards. Favors barely breaking the 20 minute marks is mind numbing. He belonged on the court against the starters because Holiday and Turner where getting to the rim at will and Millsap and Jefferson were there to watch and no much else. If Favors was in the game the shot would have been blocked, altered or would have been an incredibly good shot to go in. Favors needs to be on the court.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    The offense going to the low block and not much else happening is completely inefficient. Outside of Jefferson and Millsap, no one likes to run that offense. We have the perfect players for a ball moving fast team. Both Williams', Hayward, Burks, Foye, Carroll, Favors and Kanter are perfect for that type of offense. Why are we catering to only two players?