Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

DeMarre Carroll Appreciation Thread.

On a night when the Jazz starters were a disgrace because of lack of energy, this guy came in and busted his butt. I don't always like Carroll, but tonight he was an absolute joy to watch. His defense was tenacious, he rebounded the ball, he dove to the ground, and just left everything on the court. This team would be so much better if they gave the effort that Carroll gave tonight. This might not happen again, but, Mr. Carroll, I salute you.

17 pts, 5 brds, 2 stls, (6/6, 4/4, 1/1) = +11 for the game!

VS

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Got to give props to Demarre. Ill bet he SMD's as he sits on the bench and watches his teammates plod along, wondering what does it take to get a few minutes in the game.
    He may never be the star, but he gives it his all whenever he steps on the court. I can't fault a guy like that...

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Good post.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    He always busted his butt every goddamn minute he was given on the floor. Stats do not tell how hard working he is. He always deserves minutes. I always appreciated DeMarre.
    David Locke: "Because what happens in this league is, people start shooting threes and they get soft and donít want contact and then they just stay out there all the time. Youíre not going to get soft, are you?"
    Enes Kanter: "I kind of live in the paint, man. Come on. I wonít get soft. Donít worry about that."

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Most certainly the silver lining on this game. Not only did he bust his but, but he did it on national television in front of thousands of people. I think he just guaranteed himself a contract with that performance. Good for him I will always root for Carroll, even if he and the Jazz part paths.

Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I'm a fan. Carroll looks awkward as **** but finds a way to produce results regardless. I honestly would like to see the guy start at the 3. He seems like the kind of guy who's capable of developing holes in his game -- kind of a Matt Harpring type player.

Good things happen when Carroll is on the floor.
    No Mediocrity

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    He said in the post game interview that he models his game after players like Bruce Bowen.
    If we ever had a Bruce Bowen on our hands, hello deep playoff run :-)
    "If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Damn it i dont want to like him, but how can you not after a game like last night.

The play that stood out to me was when philly was running downcourt with the ball for an easy transition bucket and carroll came out of nowwhere from behind and hit the ball away from the ball handler.

He earned more minutes definately. (my burks homerism makes it hard for me to admit that but its true)

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    He works really hard and generally makes an impact. I like him. And as much as I hate Burks wasting on the bench, I've come to accept that no great strides can be made with the current coach anyway.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Demarre was great last night but once he starts shooting like **** again everybody will get pissed he's on the court again.
    Just like two weeks ago.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by pickledXgrandma View Post
    Demarre was great last night but once he starts shooting like **** again everybody will get pissed he's on the court again.
    Just like two weeks ago.
    Like I said, it doesn't really matter. The Jazz have no real offense, no vision, no chemistry, no motivation, nothing. Who cares if Carroll plays or sucks or whatever. We got bigger issues.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by SiroMar View Post
    Like I said, it doesn't really matter. The Jazz have no real offense, no vision, no chemistry, no motivation, nothing. Who cares if Carroll plays or sucks or whatever. We got bigger issues.
    Totally agree. I can see Demarre completely flourishing with the spurs under pop. He has the exact attitude and work ethic that they love. I just wish I could see what pop would have done to our starting line-up if he saw that effort.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    This is a perfect example of how the Jazz coaching staff is full of crap. They like to preach earning minutes with defense and hard work, but we all know Carroll wont or hasn't earned anything. Hell, the way he played last night , he should have played 40 minutes, but still couldn't stay on the floor.

I feel bad for guys like Carroll who come to Utah. He has zero chance of becoming a permanent starter or regular rotation guy. Even though he proves time and time again that he can do it. Just go back to our playoff push towards the end of the season last year. He was a key part of that, but as soon as the coach got a chance to yank him when Howard got back, they did.

A lot is made out that Carroll isnt a good offensive player is why he doesn't play. I disagree. He isnt the best, but he is efficient and has good balance to his game. Unlike everyone the Jazz favor. And that is what bothers me, and has bothered me for years. The Jazz have always been in love with completely lopsided players who the only thing they know is offense(Al, Booz, Memo, etc...)

Im just getting sick and tired of the Jazz saying one thing and doing another. AND it doesnt even help their dumb asses.

It ****ing sad to watch the people that are the Jazz coaching staff and management get in their own way, year after year. I never walk away from a game and think, hey that was coached good. Its always the same thing. Im left wondering why the hell certain players played and others didnt. When we win its not so bad because the mistakes are masked. But when we lose the mistakes are amplified. The mistakes are there every single game. Its like this never ending saga of having to watch incompetent ass wipes **** it up every time. And that includes Jerry along with Corbin. They are two peas in a pod when it comes to coaching.

Jerry and Corbin could give a **** less about defense and hustle. All they care about is playing the supposedly better offensive player. Which they always **** that up too. Because the players they always end up favoring turn out to be weak minded and cant get it done when it counts. Then you are left with no defense or no offense.

Blahhhhhhhh

Ughhhgghhhhh

Aagghhhhhhhhhh

That is my rant. It may be barely coherent, but its the god damn truth.

**** the Jazz god damn coaching staff and management. They dont know jack **** about basketball and never have. The wins this organization have, should be all credited to all the players that have come through here and not an ounce of credit should go to coaching. In fact all the playoff losses are on the coaches and management.

Maybe Greg will wake up day and see right through this nonsense.

**** you KOC, Jerry and Corbin. You dont know jack ****.

Jerry is included in this rant because its his stupid coaching style that he left behind.

This rant is brought to you in part by Trojan condoms. Get ****ed Jerry, Koc and Corbin.
    Last edited by Hack; 11-17-2012 at 01:25 PM.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Sweeeeeeeeet......
    "If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    No bump? Shouldn't we be talking about Dr. Awesome?
    No Mediocrity