Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cowhide View Post
    They could have easily gone 1-3 and it even could have been 0-4 if the Wizards hadn't sucked in the 4th quarter.
    True, the 2-2 record from this trip gives a false sense of accomplishment. If Al doesn't hit the second 3 pointer of his career, and if the Wizards don't completely fall apart the Jazz are coming back home with 4 more road losses. Scary thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

This win was just as bad as a loss.
    Corbin sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by The Thriller View Post
    This win was just as bad as a loss.
    Yea, it didn't bring a single shred of happiness.
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Quote Originally Posted by orangello View Post
    Yea, it didn't bring a single shred of happiness.
    More frustration is all that I feel right now.

The lineup change gives proof that Ty isn't all there as a coach yet.

Since the training camp, the biggest change Corbin wanted to integrate has been early fast break opportunities. I think the idea is that the bigs would stay for a rebound, get it to Mo who outlets it to a wing for a fast-break opportunity. So basically the Jazz become a more fast paced team.

So what does Ty do today? He puts in Milsap at the wing position- completely conflicting with the system he's trying.

It's not like the Jazz were having a lot of success fast breaking with a smaller lineup though.

Quote Originally Posted by orangello View Post
    True, the 2-2 record from this trip gives a false sense of accomplishment. If Al doesn't hit the second 3 pointer of his career, and if the Wizards don't completely fall apart the Jazz are coming back home with 4 more road losses. Scary thought.
    It's not like we played particularly well in the last quarter either, we made one field goal and three free throws from eight attempts in the last 4 minutes, and managed to commit a shot clock violation in this time to boot. If the Wizards gave a damn, they could have won this. Heck, when we were down 15-2 - so much for the new starting line-up! - I thought we were going to give the Wiz their first win of the season once again. But this trip feels more like we went 0-4, regardless of what the standings say.
    You've always had a place to watch, now you have a place to ROOT!

There were some positives to this game, but not many.

Foye, and Sap were awful.
    Marvin Williams did have 8 boards, but looked pretty bad overall again.
    Big Al put up big offensive numbers, but got burned so many times on defense, and on the glass.
    Tinsley and Kanter didn't show up.

Hayward, Carroll, and 2nd half Favors were the highlights of the game.
    "Hayward can be a #1?"......"Maybe if he goes down to Fort Wayne...DLeague" -ESPN

They could have easily gone 1-3 and it even could have been 0-4 if the Wizards hadn't sucked in the 4th quarter.
    Hard to believe they could have gone 3-1 if Mo Williams didn't decide to go 1 on5 when The Jazz had the ball and a chance to take the lead with 30 seconds left in Boston

I will concede there is not much to get excited about over this road trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Weezur View Post

Since the training camp, the biggest change Corbin wanted to integrate has been early fast break opportunities. I think the idea is that the bigs would stay for a rebound, get it to Mo who outlets it to a wing for a fast-break opportunity. So basically the Jazz become a more fast paced team.

So what does Ty do today? He puts in Milsap at the wing position- completely conflicting with the system he's trying.
    Well everyone was wanting to see the big three play so now Ty is getting criticized for doing so. When is it going to be the player's fault. I give Ty credit for trying it and for getting out of it when it wasn't working.

Well everyone was wanting to see the big three play so now Ty is getting criticized for doing so. When is it going to be the player's fault. I give Ty credit for trying it and for getting out of it when it wasn't working.
    But it's not just changing the starting lineup. It's using the right players in the right situation, and matching up the right players with their counterparts. Ty isn't doing this very well. When someone sucks, he tends to leave them in the game and continue to suck. It's not like guys like Marvin, Foye, or Big Al are Hall of Fame players and going to get in the groove, especially when you have young players on the bench who need the time and arguably are better athletes.

I'll give Ty props for the initial lineup change. Even though it wasn't clicking at first I loved that Favors started.

Though in typical Ty fashion he panicked at the 2nd quarter and sat Favors for some dumb reason for Hayward even though Hayward was stellar off the bench and Favors was playing much better than Sap. Lucky for Ty, Al went off and kept the Jazz in the 3rd.
    It started with Earl [Watson], Randy [Foye] and Marvin [Williams]–the veteran guys. I thought the young guys did a good job of following their lead getting us off to a good start. - referring to the Jazz/Bobcats game on 3/1/13

Earl, Randy, and Marvin started the first quarter 0-3, scored a whopping zero points, and finished with a turnover in the first quarter.

Your head coach of the Jazz ladies and gentlemen.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate505 View Post
    I'll give Ty props for the initial lineup change. Even though it wasn't clicking at first I loved that Favors started.

Though in typical Ty fashion he panicked at the 2nd quarter and sat Favors for some dumb reason for Hayward even though Hayward was stellar off the bench and Favors was playing much better than Sap. Lucky for Ty, Al went off and kept the Jazz in the 3rd.

Hayward led us back in the 1st/2nd by running the offense, getting everyone involved and scoring decent points.

Al scored a lot in the 3rd but no one else was involved. He had triple teams and just bullied the ball up. I HATE that type of play.
    I realized it worked out but THIS is the reason our starters do not play well.

Ty needs to change the offense, not bench Hayward.

Hayward is an NBA starter. It is crap like this that will make him not want to stay. Hayward likes a team game, not 1-1 ball.

Quote Originally Posted by udflyer View Post
    Hayward led us back in the 1st/2nd by running the offense, getting everyone involved and scoring decent points.

Al scored a lot in the 3rd but no one else was involved. He had triple teams and just bullied the ball up. I HATE that type of play.
    I realized it worked out but THIS is the reason our starters do not play well.

Ty needs to change the offense, not bench Hayward.

Hayward is an NBA starter. It is crap like this that will make him not want to stay. Hayward likes a team game, not 1-1 ball.
    Hayward was great in the 1st half. Because he was coming off the bench and controlling the offense. He cannot do it with the first unit, mostly because Al is a ball stopper and Mo controls the ball all the time. So putting him back with that group just seemed idiotic to me.

I agree that Hayward doesn't need to see the bench the majority of the game, but I like seeing him with the second unit. He gets to control the game more with them.

I didn't exactly love Al's play in the third, but he did score a ton of points. I'd rather see him gone and have a more dynamic offense, but as long as he's there he better be scoring a lot of points.
    It started with Earl [Watson], Randy [Foye] and Marvin [Williams]–the veteran guys. I thought the young guys did a good job of following their lead getting us off to a good start. - referring to the Jazz/Bobcats game on 3/1/13

Earl, Randy, and Marvin started the first quarter 0-3, scored a whopping zero points, and finished with a turnover in the first quarter.

Your head coach of the Jazz ladies and gentlemen.

Quote Originally Posted by Weezur View Post

I wonder if Ty has the courage of his convictions? He wanted to start favors and he did, bravo. But was he afraid to put Sap on the bench? I would much rather see Sap with the second unit where he could be the key offensive threat.

Also, did Sap suck because he was sulking about the change to SF? Hmmmm.