Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Williams would be the starting SF of the future next to Kanter and Favors. Also a back-up PF for when Millsap leaves this summer. I'm just concerned that his shooting percentage is low.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Catchall View Post
    Williams would be the starting SF of the future next to Kanter and Favors. Also a back-up PF for when Millsap leaves this summer. I'm just concerned that his shooting percentage is low.
    So you are not worried that he is not a SF? Interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by orangello View Post

I'd do that deal, but Minnesota would want more. We might have to pull Tinsley and Ridnour out the deal.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    So you are not worried that he is not a SF? Interesting.
    I think he is an SF a la Paul Pierce, but he needs to work on his mid-range game and passing.

First BF League CHAMP nightmare3983's Avatar
    My happy place (the start of another NBA season)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzfan1971 View Post
    Nothing to get worked up about. Nobody said the Jazz were having a fire sale on Burks.

I would think all our players are available for the right price.
    This. Being "available" isn't the same as being "shopped".

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by candrew View Post
    Sounds like Corbin is giving another player the silent treatement. Always a wise move when you manage people for a living.

Sucks when it's a guy (most of us) like - isn't it?
    That seems like a broad assumption from the limited amount of information we have.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by cowhide View Post
    The organization you are defending started Milt Palacio over Deron Williams.
    I forgot about this. Ouch.
    Palacio starting over D Will is 100% on Jerry Sloan. The organization allowed him to coach as he saw fit. I doubt the FO was thrilled about D Will not starting.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameface View Post
    I bet the Jazz have seen him in practice and haven't been impressed. Also, when he's on the floor he's clearly not doing what he has been assigned to do, unless of course Corbin told him to go in and completely take over the game and dominate the ball. Even if that was the case he has failed so far, even though he's tried.

Everyone here wants Burks to be something he's not so bad their willing to see it when it doesn't exist.
    I don't necessarily disagree with you...

But...

Why isn't Jefferson held to anywhere close to the same standard? Do the Jazz really want him to constantly chuck up jumpers and never ever pass the ball or get to the FT line? What about Hayward? Mo? Millsap? Foye? Marvin?

In just the last 2 years I can think of 6 players who couldn't be doing what the Jazz were asking them to do yet they weren't ever held accountable.

If Burks isn't doing his job or isn't coachable, then I'm down with looking to shop him.

But this needs to be applied consistently.

We can't just bury someone like Burks and let someone like Jefferson do whatever the hell he wants, hurt our team much MUCH more, and never ever be held accountable. We can't criticize a 2nd year 2 guard for his decision making while ignoring Mo Williams's decisions.

Hold EVERYONE accountable.
    Lakers Suck.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I predicted this at the beginning of the season, did I not nightmare6363738??
    "If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    This is unacceptable.

Burks and Burke doin' Wurk!

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Hey Corbin, **** you you miserable ****ing ****

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameface View Post
    You're right. Let's be rational. The Jazz simply aren't playing Burks out of spite and know that he's the only real superstar on our team but prefer veterans so they have to hide his talent by not giving him a chance.
    That's Ty's coaching philosophy to a T.

Foye continues to get minutes even when producing suck fests like tonight. Burks has one night like Foye's night tonight and gets numerous DNP-CDs in a row.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Coloradojazzfan View Post
    This is unacceptable.

Twelve years dungeon! Come on, all of you! Seven Years, no trial!
    Hate You Can Trust

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Anyone who doesn't think Burks has talent doesn't know much about basketball. And I don't think the Jazz people who are making the decisions, whoever that might be do -- look who they signed (Marvin and Foye). I don't know how they can play Foye over Burks. I don't know how they keep giving Foye so many minutes. Look at the other players they have let go -- don't me started. They dump Burks and I'm dumping the Jazz. I've had enough of their stupidity and I can't follow a team that can barely beat the league's worst team that's playing us without their two best players. An era has ended in Utah. It started when Jerry left and they traded DWill. But I think it actually started before then, when Larry passed away. The only way they can reclaim their respect is to get someone like Horny or Stockton to be the head coach. I guess Ty earned the job, but damn, Horny was so much smarter a player. Maybe Horny doesn't want to be a head coach. Anyway, after watching tonight's game, I'm ready to bolt anyway. They need to dismantle it, keep Hayward, Kanter, and Favors -- and Burks, but apparently they are going to dump him. I've always sensed we knew more than they did and this move is the proof.