Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I would trade him for CJ straight up. We need CJ back.

Can I get an amen?
    TREYBOT

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    disappointing if true. (stevenson, snyder, almond, miles, pavlovic, burks... we just needed one of those guys to pan out.)

i'm hoping there's not much to the rumour. it's still early in the season and he's really only one injury away from seeing 20mins a night.
    no doubt he'd be frustrated not to be seeing the floor after the signs he showed in pre-season.
    if he has the maturity to deal with it and is doing all the right things at practice i don't see why we'd be looking to ship him, or if why he would want to leave.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    to put Burks in prospective, the only guy that would've been of help in that draft taken after him wouldve been Shumpert (maybe Kawhi or Parsons, Faried wouldve been benched)...

http://nbadraft.net/nba_final_draft/2011
    i may quote myself from other treads... sue me!

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Speaking of not showing us very much how about Foye, Williams, and Tinsley. If we are being honest here they haven't deserved the mins they've recieved. They aren't horrible or anything, but they've been very inconsistent overall.

Watch the Lakers game again and see how Burks plays. He gets right up on Kobe, and tries to play within the offense. This doesn't look like a player
    who isn't worth a shot.
    "Hayward can be a #1?"......"Maybe if he goes down to Fort Wayne...DLeague" -ESPN

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    David Locke has mentioned regularly that he questions his work ethic. But I don't care if he's only giving 80% during training. I would be pissed too, if I was being ignored like him.

CJ was aloud to suck for several years and now Burks comes in, plays better and more consistent than CJ, and gets benched or even traded in his second year? This franchise is going downhill fast if they don't get rid of Corbin.
    http://www.abload.de/img/sig_f2elrcm.jpg

Premium Member
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Burks' shot is as flat as it was when he was drafted. His ball handling is the same inconsistent entity. This is the stuff you work on in practice, you don't need actual game time for that. After 1 full year and 1 full training camp all improvement in his game is he is more often under control and that's it.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolution 9 View Post
    Speaking of not showing us very much how about Foye, Williams, and Tinsley. If we are being honest here they haven't deserved the mins they've recieved. They aren't horrible or anything, but they've been very inconsistent overall.
    Foye shot 9-32 on the road trip and got scorched on defense in every game - that's horrible.

His saving grace is he took over The Laker game for about 5 minutes - probably the one game most of the people on this board watched. Otherwise his game has ranged from average to horrible 8 out of the 11 games this season.

Tinsley has to play because he's the only other PG on the team - I never bought into Burks playing the point any way.

I gave my extended thoughts on Williams in another thread - the guy's all talent and zero intensity

The bottom line is this: if a franchise gives up on a first round lottery pick 77 games into his NBA career - it is the management's fault - plain and simple

And to think that we're now looking at a potential scenario where Burks is traded while Raja Bell is still a member of The Utah Jazz. That's worse than failure on management's part - that's a ****ing meltdown
    Last edited by candrew; 11-18-2012 at 04:40 AM.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by green View Post
    Burks = CJ without a three point shot.
    you = retard

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    burks will be a great player. just has to keep working and be given some well deserved minutes without doubt.
    David Locke: "Because what happens in this league is, people start shooting threes and they get soft and donít want contact and then they just stay out there all the time. Youíre not going to get soft, are you?"
    Enes Kanter: "I kind of live in the paint, man. Come on. I wonít get soft. Donít worry about that."

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Burks is better than Foye for sure.
    From what I saw, Foye must be a 10-12 min guy at best, while Burks is resting.
    You know, guys like Burks can win you something in that ball game.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by candrew View Post
    Foye shot 9-32 on the road trip and got scorched on defense in every game - that's horrible.

His saving grace is he took over The Laker game for about 5 minutes - probably the one game most of the people on this board watched. Otherwise his game has ranged from average to horrible 8 out of the 11 games this season.

Tinsley has to play because he's the only other PG on the team - I never bought into Burks playing the point any way.

I gave my extended thoughts on Williams in another thread - the guy's all talent and zero intensity

The bottom line is this: if a franchise gives up on a first round lottery pick 77 games into his NBA career - it is the management's fault - plain and simple

And to think that we're now looking at a potential scenario where Burks is traded while Raja Bell is still a member of The Utah Jazz. That's worse than failure on management's part - that's a ****ing meltdown
    Agree with every line.
    #dumptruckin

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown Notes View Post
    Shhh. People need their tantrums.
    WInner

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmare3983 View Post
    Palacio starting over D Will is 100% on Jerry Sloan. The organization allowed him to coach as he saw fit. I doubt the FO was thrilled about D Will not starting.
    Well that is the problem. As an owner there are times when you have to get involved in your business. Of course it is on the coach but the organization allows it to happen. Besides the fact that it was an idiotic decision to do so.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellipse View Post
    It's much worse than it first appears, it's a sign of a disfunctional organization. Please consider: Last year Bell was taking away playing time from our young guns, and when Corbin tried to cut Bell's minutes, Bell got pissy. So this year the Jazz FO made it very clear that Bell can collect his paycheck while lounging on the beach, so that his minutes can go to ... Foye?

The Utah Jazz FO: No plan, no commitment, no clue.
    Then why don't you go cheer for another team? You're not a fan, you're an armchair coaching moron.

Quote Originally Posted by cowhide View Post
    The organization you are defending started Milt Palacio over Deron Williams.

The Jazz raved about Burks and his toughness and how he didn't back down. He plays with a chip on his shoulder and can get to the line. Ty said that he needed to find more minutes for Burks last year. Ty and the players said good things about Burks and how he has improved over the summer. Burks plays well during the preseason, clearly out playing Foye but when the season starts Foye gets playing time over Burks with no explanation. Yes Foye has a couple of good games but many games where he has played poorly. Why not give Burks a real chance at earning more minutes. If the Jazz have already given up on this kid then they either made a HUGE mistake drafting him and they simply wasted a lottery pick.

There is no way the Jazz will get anything for this guy considering he has been glued to the bench.
    I love it. Because KoC didn't come to your door and tell you why Burks was benched for the first game, that means there was no explanation given at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Eenie-Meenie View Post
    Anyone who doesn't think Burks has talent doesn't know much about basketball. And I don't think the Jazz people who are making the decisions, whoever that might be do -- look who they signed (Marvin and Foye). I don't know how they can play Foye over Burks. I don't know how they keep giving Foye so many minutes. Look at the other players they have let go -- don't me started. They dump Burks and I'm dumping the Jazz. I've had enough of their stupidity and I can't follow a team that can barely beat the league's worst team that's playing us without their two best players. An era has ended in Utah. It started when Jerry left and they traded DWill. But I think it actually started before then, when Larry passed away. The only way they can reclaim their respect is to get someone like Horny or Stockton to be the head coach. I guess Ty earned the job, but damn, Horny was so much smarter a player. Maybe Horny doesn't want to be a head coach. Anyway, after watching tonight's game, I'm ready to bolt anyway. They need to dismantle it, keep Hayward, Kanter, and Favors -- and Burks, but apparently they are going to dump him. I've always sensed we knew more than they did and this move is the proof.
    Jump on the coaching carousel. Then we can be just like Washington and Detroit.
    "Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I knew this was coming last week. Listening to the radio broadcasts Locke does a "getting to know the jazz players" segment. One of the questions he asks the players is- "If you could have dinner with any 3 people, living or dead, who would they be?"

Al said " My Mom, and my grandmas"
    Carrol said, " Mom, Dad and Jesus, can I say Jesus?" Locke, "Yes you can say Jesus." Carrol, " Yea, Mom, Dad and Jesus."

Burks named three rapper guys. Not his mom, not his grandma, and definitely no Jesus.

For an organization that values character over skills it was a bad sign.
    If the ball doesn't move, you will be on the bench! -DOL