Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Oh, and I forgot to add.

THIS IS THE JAZZ! IF YOU HEAR ABOUT IT, ITS NOT HAPPENING.

When have any of the supposed trades we've heard about over the years ever come through? We're not the ****ing knicks
    "Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by mellow View Post
    I knew this was coming last week. Listening to the radio broadcasts Locke does a "getting to know the jazz players" segment. One of the questions he asks the players is- "If you could have dinner with any 3 people, living or dead, who would they be?"

Al said " My Mom, and my grandmas"
    Carrol said, " Mom, Dad and Jesus, can I say Jesus?" Locke, "Yes you can say Jesus." Carrol, " Yea, Mom, Dad and Jesus."

Burks named three rapper guys. Not his mom, not his grandma, and definitely no Jesus.

For an organization that values character over skills it was a bad sign.
    No surprise though. His body language has always sort of sucked to me.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    No surprise though. His body language has always sort of sucked to me.
    That's always been my worry with him. His body language has always reminded me of Kirk Snyder, who I don't think ever wanted to be on the Jazz.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    i'd be sad if he was traded based on his potential. but i wouldn't be sad to see him go cuz we'd at least get to see him play (even if it was somewhere else). I'm in the band wagon that i no longer want the jazz to have lottery draft picks. it's just depressing to see what they do to "develop" these guys. it's like being hired for a job and forced to stand behind the person you're going to replace and watch them work for 2 years straight until you get to take their spot. it's not like actually DOING the job makes you better or anything...
    Games Tyrone Corbin has lost for us this season by not making adjustments or refusing to call timeouts to stop momentum: 11 (yes, I keep this number up-to-date)

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Well if they can get something for him go for it. He is apparently useless to Corbin.
    Life is like watching Fast and the Furious 6. It's not easy, most of the time it's just dumb and pointless, everything is fake, there is a lot of noise, but if you close your eyes and picture yourself in an open field or a quiet forest, you can maybe make it to the end without killing yourself.

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

If it so happens that we trade Burks, who are some of the teams that could be potential suitors?

OKC would have been a nice one, before the Harden trade

Are there any other teams in need of a decent, skilled backup SG? Clippers come to mind. Lakers come to mind. Who else?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    There is already a thread for this you attention whore.
    Life is like watching Fast and the Furious 6. It's not easy, most of the time it's just dumb and pointless, everything is fake, there is a lot of noise, but if you close your eyes and picture yourself in an open field or a quiet forest, you can maybe make it to the end without killing yourself.

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Yikes. I am sorry. Feel free to delete or ignore if this is the case.

Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by fatalfame View Post
    i'd be sad if he was traded based on his potential. but i wouldn't be sad to see him go cuz we'd at least get to see him play (even if it was somewhere else). I'm in the band wagon that i no longer want the jazz to have lottery draft picks. it's just depressing to see what they do to "develop" these guys. it's like being hired for a job and forced to stand behind the person you're going to replace and watch them work for 2 years straight until you get to take their spot. it's not like actually DOING the job makes you better or anything...
    YEAH! It sucked drafting deron Williams in teh lottery. No mo lotto pixz KOC! FIRE!!!!!!
    No Mediocrity

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    IMO, it's fine if Burks goes 1 on 1 sometimes.

If anything depending on the matchup I'd rather have our guys go 1 on 1 and get to the cup/draw fouls than continue to run this pansie ass offense and clank jumpers.

Guys like Kleiza? Attack them. Get them fouled out so they can't make it rain 3 balls on us. Defenders like Steve Blake? I personally was wondering during the game why we weren't playing Burks and giving him isos. There's no way Blake could have stayed with Burks. Just the other night we were matched up against Kwame Brown. I'm down with force feeding the ball into Millsap, Favors, and Kanter. Hell, in that matchup I'd tell everyone to get the ball into Kanter.

So while I've seen Burks out of control I also see some great (necessary for this team) qualities in him. He's about the only guy on this entire squad who can get his own shot. Most teams (even the Heat) have 2 guys that can do that. Most teams have 2-4 guys like that. Sometimes, Burks needs to stay with the offense, granted. Other times, especially when the matchup is in his favor, he needs to make it personal. He needs to take it 1 on 1 against his man. Get him fouled out and get to the line.

It's all that failure of coaching that we keep seeing from Corbin.

Depending on the matchup Burks should be used more... Hayward should be used more.... Some guys should be forced the ball... All depends on your matchup. If we could figure out matchups in just a few mins at Golds Gym then why can't Corbin with all his scouts and film?

Not taking advantage of matchups even goes back to the last few years with Deron under Sloan (personally, I think it's worse under Corbin)... I have no clue why we didn't post him up more. Especially against pansie ass defenders like Tony Parker. I would have rather posted Deron up on TP every single play on the court than watch Boozer try and post up Duncan or Scola's brother or watch us run our "Princeton Offense" so that CJ could clank another elbow jumper.
    Lakers Suck.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Like I said, and everyone refuses to accept it, we could field a team of ex-Jazz players still in the league who could beat our team.

Everyone then talks about the potential of our young guys. Well, how are they going to develop if you don't play them. And why don't you play them when the vets are stinking up the court. Al, especially, has got to go. No P n R defense whatsoever, and not only wasn't he passing out of double teams, he wasn't passing out of triple teams -- Harpring remarked about that last night.

Where's the coaching? Oh, you mean Al is our only hope to get a win against the Washington Generals? This team right now is pathetic and Corbin needs to be politely led out the door. I feel sorry for Ty because he seems like a really good guy, but you know he's made his millions while most of us plug a way just to get the weekly paycheck, so no sense feeling sorry for him. Maybe he should become a college coach.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Eenie-Meenie View Post
    Like I said, and everyone refuses to accept it, we could field a team of ex-Jazz players still in the league who could beat our team. Everyone then talks about the potential of our young guys. Well, how are they going to develop if you don't play them. And why don't you play them when the vets are stinking up the court. Al, especially, has got to go. No P n R defense whatsoever, and not only wasn't he passing out of double teams, he wasn't passing out of triple teams -- Harpring remarked about that last night.

Where's the coaching? Oh, you mean Al is our only hope to get a win against the Washington Generals? This team right now is pathetic and Corbin needs to be politely led out the door. I feel sorry for Ty because he seems like a really good guy, but you know he's made his millions while most of us plug a way just to get the weekly paycheck, so no sense feeling sorry for him. Maybe he should become a college coach.
    Not sure I agree, but so what? You know NBA teams don't own the players, right?

Also, I don't see many coach Ty supporters at this point, so again, what's your point?
    #dumptruckin

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by LunaticWolf View Post
    Oh, and I forgot to add.

THIS IS THE JAZZ! IF YOU HEAR ABOUT IT, ITS NOT HAPPENING.

When have any of the supposed trades we've heard about over the years ever come through? We're not the ****ing knicks
    (buzzer noise) wrong! We heard about Ronnie B to Memphis as speculation like a month (or maybe more) before it went down.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    Not sure I agree, but so what? You know NBA teams don't own the players, right?

Also, I don't see many coach Ty supporters at this point, so again, what's your point?
    David Stern does right?

Couldn't you pretty much say you could assemble teams of ex(fill in the team's name here)s and have them beat the current version save for maybe the top 5 teams in the NBA?

Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    There's plenty interest in Burks around the web -- lakers, hornets, cavaliers fans want him.

Something interesting I read was two Hornets fans saying they went to CU with him & both thought the reason he came out early was because the draft was weak at the spot he was taken. Both thought he should have stayed another year.
    No Mediocrity