Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 196 to 210 of 357
  1. #196
    Senior Member Beantown's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Look outside your window
    Posts
    6,932
    Rep Power
    37
    Rep Level
    6234
    Has a Jazz rumor ever been true?
    GVC'S thoughts on the Jazz drafting Hayward......

    Quote Originally Posted by GVC View Post
    Why not just buy a late 1st and draft Luke Babbitt? Better Body, better basketball skills, better athleticism...

  2. #197
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Tabor Heights
    Posts
    12,581
    Rep Power
    0
    Rep Level
    4891
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneakers View Post
    Ugh. Precisely the apologist stance I'm talking about. play better??? When the **** is he supposed to play better?? He hasn't had extended minutes since the summer league.. oh yeah, which he dominated.


    Not a game, not a game...






    We talkin' 'bout summer league.



    Brilliant.

  3. #198
    Senior Member Sneakers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,677
    Rep Power
    24
    Rep Level
    2688
    Quote Originally Posted by Beantown View Post
    Has a Jazz rumor ever been true?
    I mentioned this earlier, but it was flushed down, people were reporting Brewer to Memphis rumors months before it went down.

  4. #199
    Senior Member Sneakers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,677
    Rep Power
    24
    Rep Level
    2688
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    Not a game, not a game...






    We talkin' 'bout summer league.



    Brilliant.
    You serious? Summer league was seriously the last chance he had to play and prove himself. That's what I was saying. But I bet it was worth it, ignoring comprehension to get a meme in.

    Unless you have something else you want to say? Otherwise, feel free to just line up with the rest of the apologists.

  5. #200
    Senior Member Sneakers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,677
    Rep Power
    24
    Rep Level
    2688
    If you're serious... I'll respond. But I think you're just trying to be a troll. I think its clear, from the context of my comment, that my reference to summer league was in that Alec has done everything we could have possibly ask him to do, dominated when he should have (and his last stretch of extended playing time), shown he deserves time, but has been treated extremely poorly. Summer league wasn't meant to highlight an underlying superstar dominance that we're suppressing, but rather, that he's a quality player and has shown so in his given opportunities. So do you have something to say to that troll? That's what I thought.

  6.  

     

  7. #201
    Senior Member Ellipse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,690
    Rep Power
    18
    Rep Level
    1865
    Quote Originally Posted by LunaticWolf View Post
    Then why don't you go cheer for another team? You're not a fan, you're an armchair coaching moron.
    Yep, I'm an armchair coaching moron. But I've been following the Jazz since they moved here from New Orleans; you, sir, have no goddamn business telling me who I can or can't cheer for.

  8. #202
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    9,571
    Rep Power
    0
    Rep Level
    0
    I would have loved to see Burks play more, but in the limited play he got he fell flat on his face trying to do way too much. Correctable? Yeah. As long as he has the attitude that it's okay to be on the floor and perform within the limits of his role. I would have been interested to see if he's capable of doing that, because I've never seen him do it once. Not last year, not in summer league, not in his limited time this year. Dude seems to think MJ set the golden example of what a person should try to do when they're on the floor. That's super fantastic if a player as good as MJ takes that approach, unfortunately many slightly lesser players have gone down that path and ended up hurting their teams, despite looking like superstars for short periods of time.

  9. #203
    His Premiumness Siro's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    3,503
    Rep Power
    37
    Rep Level
    6365
    Yeah, that's Burks' biggest problem.

  10. #204
    Senior Member Coloradojazzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    450
    Rep Power
    16
    Rep Level
    289
    When you're thinking of putting Tinsley in the game, just put in Burks instead.

    I don't give a crap if he's playing PG, just do it!!!
    Burks and Burke doin' Wurk!

  11. #205
    In pursuit of #9 PKM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    45,634
    Rep Power
    150
    Rep Level
    44584
    Quote Originally Posted by Coloradojazzfan View Post
    When you're thinking of putting Tinsley in the game, just put in Burks instead.

    I don't give a crap if he's playing PG, just do it!!!
    Too generic, but love the message .. .
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

    The confusion...

    ---
    Pre-season mock (7/13/13) - page 111

  12. #206
    Senior Member franklin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Posts
    12,735
    Rep Power
    115
    Rep Level
    29564
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameface View Post
    I would have loved to see Burks play more, but in the limited play he got he fell flat on his face trying to do way too much. Correctable? Yeah. As long as he has the attitude that it's okay to be on the floor and perform within the limits of his role. I would have been interested to see if he's capable of doing that, because I've never seen him do it once. Not last year, not in summer league, not in his limited time this year. Dude seems to think MJ set the golden example of what a person should try to do when they're on the floor. That's super fantastic if a player as good as MJ takes that approach, unfortunately many slightly lesser players have gone down that path and ended up hurting their teams, despite looking like superstars for short periods of time.
    Wait, did he get traded? I haven't received a single text about it yet, but this comment reads like he got traded. What's going on?
    No Mediocrity

  13. #207
    His Premiumness Siro's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    3,503
    Rep Power
    37
    Rep Level
    6365
    He hasn't.

  14. #208
    Senior Member Eenie-Meenie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,173
    Rep Power
    13
    Rep Level
    1519
    Some of the posts in this thread are puzzling. People are not saying Burks is MJ or a super-star, and I don't think he has such an attitude based on what I've seen.

    All we want is for him to get some playing time, especially considering how terribly Marvin and Foy have played overall -- yes, they've had their moments but it's been far from consistent.

  15. #209
    In pursuit of #9 PKM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    45,634
    Rep Power
    150
    Rep Level
    44584
    Quote Originally Posted by Eenie-Meenie View Post
    Some of the posts in this thread are puzzling. People are not saying Burks is MJ or a super-star, and I don't think he has such an attitude based on what I've seen.All we want is for him to get some playing time, especially considering how terribly Marvin and Foy have played overall -- yes, they've had their moments but it's been far from consistent.
    ?
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

    The confusion...

    ---
    Pre-season mock (7/13/13) - page 111

  16. #210
    Senior Member Eenie-Meenie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,173
    Rep Power
    13
    Rep Level
    1519
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    ?
    Some people in the thread are saying that Burks has an attitude that he is the second coming of MJ, which is why the Jazz have lost faith in him.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •