Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Am I the only poster who actually believes Foye is better than Burks? Cuz he is. And Burks was one of my 3 pet prospects that year.
    "I'm a moron for thinking the Browns could even sniff 10 wins in a division where the other three teams (two of whom almost always make the playoffs) made the post-season last year. Gyp Rosetti's thee God of football knowledge." - Brown Notes

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown Notes View Post
    Am I the only poster who actually believes Foye is better than Burks? Cuz he is. And Burks was one of my 3 pet prospects that year.
    Better 3 point shooter? Sure.
    Better ballhandler? Maybe

Better at anything else? It's possible. I don't know. We have a head coach who refuses to play the #12 pick in the draft a year ago.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Burks can't shoot midrange and doesn't pass or play within the, ah, "offense". Foye is better.

If, IF Burks could reliably shoot off a curl and also had shown some nifty passing I'd still be all over him.

Edit to add: That Murphy kid has a way sweeter shot than Burks. It's not like we will be gnashing our teeth missing him.
    Last edited by Brown Notes; 11-19-2012 at 02:41 AM.
    "I'm a moron for thinking the Browns could even sniff 10 wins in a division where the other three teams (two of whom almost always make the playoffs) made the post-season last year. Gyp Rosetti's thee God of football knowledge." - Brown Notes

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Burks can't shoot midrange and doesn't pass or play within the, ah, "offense". Foye is better.

If, IF Burks could reliably shoot off a curl and also had shown some nifty passing I'd still be all over him.

Edit to add: That Murphy kid has a way sweeter shot than Burks. It's not like we will be gnashing our teeth missing him.
    We all know what Burks's strengths and weaknesses are. Those were well-documented back on draft day.

My question is, if the Jazz knew about his strengths/weaknesses as well (which they did), and those weaknesses are the reason why Burks isn't getting any minutes, then why the hell did the Jazz draft him to begin with?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by The Norm View Post
    We all know what Burks's strengths and weaknesses are. Those were well-documented back on draft day.

My question is, if the Jazz knew about his strengths/weaknesses as well (which they did), and those weaknesses are the reason why Burks isn't getting any minutes, then why the hell did the Jazz draft him to begin with?
    Obviously I can't answer for KOC but personally I thought he was a lot more versatile with the ball. What I've seen is Dwane Wade without assists or a midrange J. So, free throws. Yay.

Edit to clarify answer: Sometimes GMs are wrong same as posters.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    So this 'rumor' has only one obscure source?
    Burks and Burke doin' Wurk!

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Foye just helps to win. Burks is the one who wins.

Foye is a good 10min guy, but give him 30+min and you'll lose.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

An undersized chucker who can't defend? He gets hot now and again, and will hit some big shots I'm sure.

I just ask you is he the future? Does Burks have a chance to be a more complete player?
    So you'd rather drop Burks, and take Foye long term if you could only choose one?
    "Hayward can be a #1?"......"Maybe if he goes down to Fort Wayne...DLeague" -ESPN

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Watch the Lakers game, and focus on Burks. I dare you.
    Come back to me, and tell me if your thoughts change.
    "Hayward can be a #1?"......"Maybe if he goes down to Fort Wayne...DLeague" -ESPN

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Foye can do one thing - hit a spot up jumper. He's below average in everything else. Burks, on the other hand, has the potential to become a complete player. But what the Jazz are doing to Burks could ruin his career.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by The Norm View Post
    Because they had to pick someone and Jimmer was off the board.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Eenie-Meenie View Post
    Foye can do one thing - hit a spot up jumper. He's below average in everything else. Burks, on the other hand, has the potential to become a complete player. But what the Jazz are doing to Burks could ruin his career.
    Meh, I can of hate statements like these. If a player isn't mentally tough enough to overcome not playing in his 2nd year, then he probably isn't mentally tough to become a worthwhile player.
    :^D

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    You might be correct but it's still dumb not playing him ... dumb, dumb, and dumber.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Eenie-Meenie View Post
    You might be correct but it's still dumb not playing him ... dumb, dumb, and dumber.
    U mad, teenie-weenie?
    #dumptruckin

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Fed up ... how can you continue to follow a team when the management and coaching continually screws up its chances to get better. That's my dilemma. It all started with AK, but there are numerous other examples since Stock-Malone retired.