Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
Results 256 to 270 of 357
  1. #256
    In pursuit of #9 Dr. Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    51,746
    Total Rep Points
    74549
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by UGLI baby View Post
    Burks scores double digit points tonight.
    Fortune and glory, kid. Fortune and glory.

  2. #257
    Senior Member TheSilencer1313's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Tooele, Utah
    Posts
    3,101
    Total Rep Points
    1156
    Rep Adjustment Power
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    Rep'd.
    "If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

  3. #258
    Senior Member Thee jazz fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    10,100
    Total Rep Points
    9118
    Rep Adjustment Power
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by UGLI baby View Post
    Burks scores double digit points tonight.
    I have a better chance of scoring tonight if ya know what I mean.

  4.  

     

  5. #259
    First BF League CHAMP nightmare3983's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    The Offseason
    Posts
    13,092
    Total Rep Points
    41923
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Thee jazz fan View Post
    I have a better chance of scoring tonight if ya know what I mean.
    What did you mean? Did you score? If so, how many times?

  6. #260
    Senior Member NAOS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    7,210
    Total Rep Points
    10285
    Rep Adjustment Power
    53
    When I was repping Burks before the season started I made frequent references to his slashing abilities -- which are unique for this team and therefore impossible to ignore. So I thought. As it turns out, unique abilities are a recipe for getting squeezed out by lower-ceiling known-commodities.

    Perhaps a player like Burks shouldn't get so easily frustrated (if that's actually what's happening), but he does have a couple of reasons. Moreover, the ability to get frustrated doesn't point to entirely bad qualities in a player; the staff has to cultivate the good in that ability and carefully clip the bad qualities. I can't see any of this from my seat.

    Burks and Kanter should both being getting lots more minutes... Foye and Tinsley playing too many + we need to trade Al or Sap. Simple. I hope we haven't pissed in our own pool.
    ___#! Rudy Fan___
    [size/HUGE] RUDY [/size]


  7. #261
    Senior Member Jazz Spazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    7,168
    Total Rep Points
    11790
    Rep Adjustment Power
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by NAOS View Post
    When I was repping Burks before the season started I made frequent references to his slashing abilities -- which are unique for this team and therefore impossible to ignore. So I thought. As it turns out, unique abilities are a recipe for getting squeezed out by lower-ceiling known-commodities.

    Perhaps a player like Burks shouldn't get so easily frustrated (if that's actually what's happening), but he does have a couple of reasons. Moreover, the ability to get frustrated doesn't point to entirely bad qualities in a player; the staff has to cultivate the good in that ability and carefully clip the bad qualities. I can't see any of this from my seat.

    Burks and Kanter should both being getting lots more minutes... Foye and Tinsley playing too many + we need to trade Al or Sap. Simple. I hope we haven't pissed in our own pool.
    It's ok if we have, we've compensated by adding extra chlorine.
    Coach T-1000

  8. #262
    Member Box Of Rocks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Rock and Roll HOF
    Posts
    72
    Total Rep Points
    459
    Rep Adjustment Power
    12
    Maybe we could package Burks, the GS pick, and our own pick to move up in the draft this next year and get us a point guard, or a really good scoring wing. Trades always excite me so, either way. Keep Burks, don't keep him. Who cares.

  9. #263
    Senior Member gregbroncs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Here! Wait is this a roll call?
    Posts
    4,435
    Total Rep Points
    5248
    Rep Adjustment Power
    35
    When was the last time a rumor like this leaked out and it actually happened? Seriously the Jazz are the most guarded team in the league when it comes to these types of things.

    If he gets traded I'll believe it. Until then...I am going to say. Yea right, sure he's on the block.
    Welcome aboard Snyder, Exum and Hood. Here is to hoping this season is more entertaining than the last 3.
    ^^^
    I think my hope was fulfilled. I watched 5X more Jazz basketball this year than any of the last 3.

  10. #264
    Freelance Sperm Donor Siro's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    5,711
    Total Rep Points
    20431
    Rep Adjustment Power
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by gregbroncs View Post
    When was the last time a rumor like this leaked out and it actually happened? Seriously the Jazz are the most guarded team in the league when it comes to these types of things.

    If he gets traded I'll believe it. Until then...I am going to say. Yea right, sure he's on the block.
    At least 4 examples have been given in this thread. While the rumor might be completely baseless, it's not exactly all that far-fetched.

  11. #265
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    ban tower
    Posts
    4,376
    Total Rep Points
    0
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    can we just fire tyco already

  12. #266
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,849
    Total Rep Points
    8983
    Rep Adjustment Power
    48
    WOW. 18 pages on a player with these stats:

    17% FG
    00% 3pt
    20% FT

    Serious? Come on guys. I said earlier that Burks = CJ without a 3 pt shot. Burks is making CJ look like an All-Star. The more we see of Burks, the more I am thinking Burks = Almond.

  13. #267
    Senior Member UGLI baby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    гег
    Posts
    32,185
    Total Rep Points
    49440
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Burks scores double digit points this season.
    #BringBackUGLI

  14. #268
    Super Clutch Gameface's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    11,966
    Total Rep Points
    11902
    Rep Adjustment Power
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by green View Post
    WOW. 18 pages on a player with these stats:

    17% FG
    00% 3pt
    20% FT

    Serious? Come on guys. I said earlier that Burks = CJ without a 3 pt shot. Burks is making CJ look like an All-Star. The more we see of Burks, the more I am thinking Burks = Almond.
    Yup. Send him to the D-league and he'll be the #1 best played in the world (who plays in the D-league).

  15. #269
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    3,240
    Total Rep Points
    3775
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by green View Post
    WOW. 18 pages on a player with these stats:

    17% FG
    00% 3pt
    20% FT

    Serious? Come on guys. I said earlier that Burks = CJ without a 3 pt shot. Burks is making CJ look like an All-Star. The more we see of Burks, the more I am thinking Burks = Almond.
    He did have a few decent games last year. Oh and he killed it in the preseason. If that doesnt mean future all star I dont know what does. Ignore the stats and think POTENTIAL!

  16. #270
    Senior Member Sneakers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,726
    Total Rep Points
    2683
    Rep Adjustment Power
    26
    Obviously discussions of small sample sizes are hopeless with some individuals, so why bother.

    This working out to be quite the self fulfilling prophecy for the jazz, intended or not. Play Burks a small amount of sporadic, meaningless minutes, and then point to his production as to why he isn't playing. Yeah okay. And of course anyone who thinks Burks deserves PT are convinced he's a future all star.
    Long Live JYD

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •