Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by UGLI baby View Post
    Burks scores double digit points tonight.
    #dumptruckin

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    Rep'd.
    "If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by UGLI baby View Post
    Burks scores double digit points tonight.
    I have a better chance of scoring tonight if ya know what I mean.

First BF League CHAMP nightmare3983's Avatar
    My happy place (the start of another NBA season)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Thee jazz fan View Post
    I have a better chance of scoring tonight if ya know what I mean.
    What did you mean? Did you score? If so, how many times?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    When I was repping Burks before the season started I made frequent references to his slashing abilities -- which are unique for this team and therefore impossible to ignore. So I thought. As it turns out, unique abilities are a recipe for getting squeezed out by lower-ceiling known-commodities.

Perhaps a player like Burks shouldn't get so easily frustrated (if that's actually what's happening), but he does have a couple of reasons. Moreover, the ability to get frustrated doesn't point to entirely bad qualities in a player; the staff has to cultivate the good in that ability and carefully clip the bad qualities. I can't see any of this from my seat.

Burks and Kanter should both being getting lots more minutes... Foye and Tinsley playing too many + we need to trade Al or Sap. Simple. I hope we haven't pissed in our own pool.
    ___#! Rudy Fan___
    [size/HUGE] RUDY [/size]

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by NAOS View Post
    When I was repping Burks before the season started I made frequent references to his slashing abilities -- which are unique for this team and therefore impossible to ignore. So I thought. As it turns out, unique abilities are a recipe for getting squeezed out by lower-ceiling known-commodities.

Perhaps a player like Burks shouldn't get so easily frustrated (if that's actually what's happening), but he does have a couple of reasons. Moreover, the ability to get frustrated doesn't point to entirely bad qualities in a player; the staff has to cultivate the good in that ability and carefully clip the bad qualities. I can't see any of this from my seat.

Burks and Kanter should both being getting lots more minutes... Foye and Tinsley playing too many + we need to trade Al or Sap. Simple. I hope we haven't pissed in our own pool.
    It's ok if we have, we've compensated by adding extra chlorine.
    TREYBOT

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Maybe we could package Burks, the GS pick, and our own pick to move up in the draft this next year and get us a point guard, or a really good scoring wing. Trades always excite me so, either way. Keep Burks, don't keep him. Who cares.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    When was the last time a rumor like this leaked out and it actually happened? Seriously the Jazz are the most guarded team in the league when it comes to these types of things.

If he gets traded I'll believe it. Until then...I am going to say. Yea right, sure he's on the block.
    Welcome aboard Snyder, Exum and Hood. Here is to hoping this season is more entertaining than the last 3.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by gregbroncs View Post
    When was the last time a rumor like this leaked out and it actually happened? Seriously the Jazz are the most guarded team in the league when it comes to these types of things.

If he gets traded I'll believe it. Until then...I am going to say. Yea right, sure he's on the block.
    At least 4 examples have been given in this thread. While the rumor might be completely baseless, it's not exactly all that far-fetched.

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    can we just fire tyco already

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    WOW. 18 pages on a player with these stats:

17% FG
    00% 3pt
    20% FT

Serious? Come on guys. I said earlier that Burks = CJ without a 3 pt shot. Burks is making CJ look like an All-Star. The more we see of Burks, the more I am thinking Burks = Almond.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Burks scores double digit points this season.
    #lol

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by green View Post

17% FG
    00% 3pt
    20% FT

Serious? Come on guys. I said earlier that Burks = CJ without a 3 pt shot. Burks is making CJ look like an All-Star. The more we see of Burks, the more I am thinking Burks = Almond.
    Yup. Send him to the D-league and he'll be the #1 best played in the world (who plays in the D-league).

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by green View Post

17% FG
    00% 3pt
    20% FT

He did have a few decent games last year. Oh and he killed it in the preseason. If that doesnt mean future all star I dont know what does. Ignore the stats and think POTENTIAL!

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Obviously discussions of small sample sizes are hopeless with some individuals, so why bother.

This working out to be quite the self fulfilling prophecy for the jazz, intended or not. Play Burks a small amount of sporadic, meaningless minutes, and then point to his production as to why he isn't playing. Yeah okay. And of course anyone who thinks Burks deserves PT are convinced he's a future all star.
    Long Live JYD