Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneakers View Post
    Obviously discussions of small sample sizes are hopeless with some individuals, so why bother.

This working out to be quite the self fulfilling prophecy for the jazz, intended or not. Play Burks a small amount of sporadic, meaningless minutes, and then point to his production as to why he isn't playing. Yeah okay. And of course anyone who thinks Burks deserves PT are convinced he's a future all star.
    Well, he could have kicked ass in the time he was given...

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameface View Post
    Well, he could have kicked ass in the time he was given...
    it was justifiable to get geeked up about Burks as a prospect. There were times last season, times in summer league, and times in preseason where he DID kick ass.

Something else is happening here, so you can stop talking about what he did or didn't do on the court. His resume as a rookie without a camp and playing for a rookie headcoach is ****ing strong enough. thx.
    ___#! Rudy Fan___
    [size/HUGE] RUDY [/size]

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by UGLI baby View Post
    Burks scores double digit points this season.
    He might even by the end of the month! Only 3 points to go.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by NAOS View Post
    it was justifiable to get geeked up about Burks as a prospect. There were times last season, times in summer league, and times in preseason where he DID kick ass.

Something else is happening here, so you can stop talking about what he did or didn't do on the court. His resume as a rookie without a camp and playing for a rookie headcoach is ****ing strong enough. thx.
    *shrug* He kicked ass if he was allowed to do hero ball. Can't recall him passing much within the offense, or playing solid defense, or not doing the stupid 23 foot 2 point jump shot. He shot well in preseason and I'd call him a net average.

But all people seemingly want to see is SLASHING AND SCORING and shooting well from 3, which is touch and go. Effort and smarts isn't, and concentration at the line isn't. I'm not saying he shouldn't get any burn, but I'm not put out or anything that he currently isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by negative reputation giver
    youre inquires are tiresome

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkwing Duck View Post
    *shrug* He kicked ass if he was allowed to do hero ball. Can't recall him passing much within the offense, or playing solid defense, or not doing the stupid 23 foot 2 point jump shot. He shot well in preseason and I'd call him a net average.

But all people seemingly want to see is SLASHING AND SCORING and shooting well from 3, which is touch and go. Effort and smarts isn't, and concentration at the line isn't. I'm not saying he shouldn't get any burn, but I'm not put out or anything that he currently isn't.
    Well, this is a safe stance from nowhere. Get back to me when you have more tepid analyses.

Burks has plenty of abilities to hone. He's young. Something has broken down in the relationship between a 21 (?) year old and a bunch of 40-something coaches. It isn't his ability.
    ___#! Rudy Fan___
    [size/HUGE] RUDY [/size]

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Just to clarify the argument, the reason Burks is not playing has nothing to do with his performance this season. He's only appeared in half the games, and played more than 10 minutes in 2 games. We'd have lots of guys benched who didn't play well in the two consecutive games they got exactly 14 and 10 minutes like Burks has.

The reason Burks doesn't play is because the Jazz signed a solid, journeyman 2, the only position Burks can reasonably play as a 2nd year guy. Not surprisingly, the solid, journeyman 2 is putting up basically the same numbers he always has, and has a good feel for how to fit in after 7 years in the league.

But we knew he would. And we know his ceiling. Meanwhile, we don't know what Burks can do with regular minutes night after night. It's hard to bench Foye, but was there really not a decent shooting 3 out there we could have acquired so we could commit to Burks at the backup 2?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by billyshelby View Post
    Just to clarify the argument, the reason Burks is not playing has nothing to do with his performance this season. He's only appeared in half the games, and played more than 10 minutes in 2 games. We'd have lots of guys benched who didn't play well in the two consecutive games they got exactly 14 and 10 minutes like Burks has.

The reason Burks doesn't play is because the Jazz signed a solid, journeyman 2, the only position Burks can reasonably play as a 2nd year guy. Not surprisingly, the solid, journeyman 2 is putting up basically the same numbers he always has, and has a good feel for how to fit in after 7 years in the league.

But we knew he would. And we know his ceiling. Meanwhile, we don't know what Burks can do with regular minutes night after night. It's hard to bench Foye, but was there really not a decent shooting 3 out there we could have acquired so we could commit to Burks at the backup 2?
    iawtp
    #lol

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    if its in a package deal with jefferson or millsap then im ok with it. i am a huge burks fan and i do believe he has great potential. however, i do not believe he will get the PT out here in utah. i'd like to see him have a good career on another team if he is just going to have his talents wasted on ours. we need a PGOTF and we wont get one for expiring jefferdad or millsap alone. its gotta be somebody. burks is the odd man out.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Also, that journeyman played more minutes than Hayward last night.

This Burks biz is a ****ing tragedy in my books. We knew he was a hero baller when we drafted him, he appears to have worked hard on his body and game, and he did well in pre-season tests.

For me, it has everything to do with a lack of stones in the coaching staff and a lack of imagination in their offense. Bull****. No exaggeration.
    ___#! Rudy Fan___
    [size/HUGE] RUDY [/size]

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Here we have one player:

17% FG
    00% 3pt
    20% FT

We are proclaiming him an All-Star in the making, but Corbin sucks and is making him suck. Then we bag on this guy:

45% from 3 pt
    88% from the ft
    38% from fg

Ummmm....

Thank heaven Corbin is our coach (And I never thought I'd say that).

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by NAOS View Post
    Also, that journeyman played more minutes than Hayward last night.

This Burks biz is a ****ing tragedy in my books. We knew he was a hero baller when we drafted him, he appears to have worked hard on his body and game, and he did well in pre-season tests.

For me, it has everything to do with a lack of stones in the coaching staff and a lack of imagination in their offense. Bull****. No exaggeration.
    Meh. I just don't like Burks hopper style.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by green View Post
    Here we have one player:

17% FG
    00% 3pt
    20% FT

We are proclaiming him an All-Star in the making, but Corbin sucks and is making him suck. Then we bag on this guy:

45% from 3 pt
    88% from the ft
    38% from fg

Ummmm....

Thank heaven Corbin is our coach (And I never thought I'd say that).
    Burks has taken 17 shots all season, 4 of which were 3's. He's only played 10 minutes twice. Absolutely nothing can be concluded by his play this season.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameface View Post
    Meh. I just don't like Burks hopper style.
    Well, at least you're objective.
    ___#! Rudy Fan___
    [size/HUGE] RUDY [/size]

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    -------------
    i ₩ˇ|| ₩ork|
    i 4 minutes|
    i------------|

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I know Burks gets a lot of hype for being able to get to the rim, but didn't he have an awful FG% around the rim his rookie season?
    :^D