Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by GVC View Post
    Playing in Atlanta's iso heavy offense might make this a difficult question, but how well does Jeff Teague run a halfcourt offense? Does he manage the game well? Control pace? Spread the ball around to keep the defense guessing? Can he run a pick and roll competently?

His minutes were pretty limited his first two seasons, and then he kinda burst onto the scene last year. His on-court/off-court team offense numbers last year were pretty ****ing amazing (Hawks scored 109 points per 100 possessions with him on court and 100.5 points per 100 possessions with him off court) and are great again in the early going this season (104.8 v. 97.8).

Has anyone watched him play enough to guess how he might help the Jazz's halfcourt offense?
    He looks pretty good on paper as you've pointed out here, and he is plenty athletic. Your questions are what I'm more interested in right now as well. As far as his assists/48 ratio, he is ranked at #7 right in the class of D Will, T Parker, and Jrue Holiday (11.1-11.6). Then there's the next group, J. Calderon, G. Vasquez (12.3, 12.7), then the next C. Paul, J. Tinsley (13.4, 14.6), and finally Rondo (17.1). He seems a bit TO heavy, but he definitely gets a high number of assists /playing time, and his team wins a lot when he's on the floor. If anyone can answer any of GVC's questions though, I would also be appreciative since he's a restricted free agent this off season.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I think if it was my choice I would be doing everything that I can to try to trade for Kendall Marshall. PHX is in a state of transition and just signed Dragic long term. If we could put a package together for Marshall I would be happy with that.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    The thing I like most about Calderon is that he doesn't seem hard to acquire and I think he does all of the basics extremely well (except D). And seems like he could be kept around for okay money. But since "okay money" for Calderon is basically the MLE or lower, the Jazz have just about as good a chance at getting him in free agency as keeping him through free agency. He seems like a player that contenders will be lining up to grab to me under such circumstances, and that the Jazz would not be so lucky as to get him on such a deal.

All in all, this post was a waste of my time and yours.
    Quote Originally Posted by every forum dreg
    I think he can play SF

Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by NUMBERICA View Post
    The thing I like most about Calderon is that he doesn't seem hard to acquire and I think he does all of the basics extremely well (except D). And seems like he could be kept around for okay money. But since "okay money" for Calderon is basically the MLE or lower, the Jazz have just about as good a chance at getting him in free agency as keeping him through free agency. He seems like a player that contenders will be lining up to grab to me under such circumstances, and that the Jazz would not be so lucky as to get him on such a deal.

All in all, this post was a waste of my time and yours.
    Toronto organization and Toronto fans seem to see him as a plague just like JF sees Al Jefferson. Wanting him seems to bring the exact same complaints minus the money req'd. Care to explain a little more?

*Edit: Calderon is like Tinsley with 2x the shooting value -- in other words not that great at it.
    No Mediocrity

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Tinsley with shooting and marginally better defense is the best point guard this team would have had since Deron got traded.
    Quote Originally Posted by every forum dreg
    I think he can play SF

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by NUMBERICA View Post
    Tinsley with shooting and marginally better defense is the best point guard this team would have had since Deron got traded.
    No doubt about that. Though that's not saying an awful lot.

Sorry, HH.
    #dumptruckin

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Trade Evans to OKC for Reggie Jackson or to Washington for Shelvin Mack.
    "I'm a moron for thinking the Browns could even sniff 10 wins in a division where the other three teams (two of whom almost always make the playoffs) made the post-season last year. Gyp Rosetti's thee God of football knowledge." - Brown Notes

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    John Wall might be gettable as a RFA/UFA after his rookie contract is up.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    What's the point in getting any of these young, up & coming, PG's like Bledsoe, Marshall, Wall, etc? Do you really think they'll get any playing time with the coach we have now? They'll have to sit on the bench until they're 30 years old, before Corbin will have enough faith to play them more than 15 minutes a game...

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by akirac73 View Post
    What's the point in getting any of these young, up & coming, PG's like Bledsoe, Marshall, Wall, etc? Do you really think they'll get any playing time with the coach we have now? They'll have to sit on the bench until they're 30 years old, before Corbin will have enough faith to play them more than 15 minutes a game...
    Based on what evidence?
    #dumptruckin

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I'll pass on Marshall. To be honest, I think Marshall = Tinsley. Great passer, can't guard anyone, and can't shoot. His shooting may improve, but I doubt his defense ever will as he's not blessed with overwhelming athletic ability.

However, I think I've seen him play maybe once. Thoughts?

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by akirac73 View Post
    Oh jesus, shut up

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by JJAS View Post
    I think we would all agree that we need a good PG on our team, and having read a post by PKM about the future college prospects for PGs, it seems like our only option is through free agency or trade. Therefore, I have started this thread to update and keep track of PGs that we could go after now and in the immediate future. I will not keep track of the Chris Pauls and Rondos of the NBA since getting them is next to impossible. I will update this thread from time to time with season stats so that we can compare these players in various categories. Let me know if there is someone you want me to put on the list, and let me know about their defense since its hard to know unless you watch them. Let me know if you disagree with any of the subjective stuff (defense, athleticism etc.)

LIST OF PGS
    1. Eric Bledsoe (22)
    2. Brandon Jennings (23)
    3. Jeff Teague (24)
    4. Darren Collison (25)
    5. Mo Williams (29)
    6. Jose Calderon (31)
    first off, i appreciate you color-coating each player but it looks like you're solely evaluating their stats based on this year (<15 games in) alone....!!!
    i may quote myself from other treads... sue me!

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by LazyD View Post
    I'll pass on Marshall. To be honest, I think Marshall = Tinsley. Great passer, can't guard anyone, and can't shoot. His shooting may improve, but I doubt his defense ever will as he's not blessed with overwhelming athletic ability.

However, I think I've seen him play maybe once. Thoughts?
    i agree, just a younger version of Tinsley w/ perhaps great leadership where I STILL dont think he'd get PT over MO...

i like Bledsoe but we'd have to see what Billups brings when he returns till they let him go...
    Paul/Burks (Billups was a mentor to him @ CU) for Bledsoe/Odom (whom we would buy-out).
    i may quote myself from other treads... sue me!

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceJL View Post
    first off, i appreciate you color-coating each player but it looks like you're solely evaluating their stats based on this year (<15 games in) alone....!!!
    That's true. That's why I'm updating it now and again. Logistically, it would take more time than I have to evaluate them on their career numbers, and it would get unwieldy if I included more info. I figure this year and last year are the most important anyway since we need someone who has proved enough but has not proved it too much to raise the price tag too much.