Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Rep Level

One-year rental of Big Al

Would San Antonio bite on a one-year rental of Big Al for Paddy Mills and Blair or Splitter? I looked at the salaries and they don't even come close to matching, and being totally ignorant of the rules about the cap, I figure it's an impossibility.

But can a team make such a trade that would put them over the cap if it solidifies their chance for a title? The big three's window is closing and an offensive force down low could put the Spurs over the top.

If anyone could get Big Al to pass out of the double team and to rotate on the P n R, it would be Pop. You know if Al didn't, Pop would put him on the bench until he did. Plus Al would have Duncan there as a second coach and his presence would help him on defense as well. Of course, Al's minutes would diminish in such a situation and he might not even start for them. But he could be a huge weapon for them, especially in the fourth quarter, and you know Pop would be subbing in for defense, as he always does if you watch the Spurs.

The Spurs don't need Mills or Blair, not sure they'd give up Splitter but that would ease the salary discrepancy because he makes $4 million and Blair only $1 million and change. And we could make Mills our starting point. Having watched him in the Olympics, I believe he is good enough to be a starting NBA PG and would definitely be better than anyone we have. Mo could then be a combo-guard sixth man and play back-up point, and we could trade Foy for a draft pick.

I realize this is an unlikely scenario but one can dream.

Banned
    Rep Level
    no, i dont think so.... they are too smart to do a trade like this.
    nice effort though, maybe we can brainstorm and come up with something better, friend.
    sticking in texas, what about dallas or houston? they could use a guy like Big Al.

Rep Level
    Well, then, maybe bring in a third team. I think Mills might be the most attainable PG to fit our needs. And we could get rid of Foy in the process too. At least I hope so. He's almost as bad as Raja last year, except that he can shoot better.

Rep Level
    We should bring DHarris Back. Ya' know?
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

The confusion...

---
    Pre-season mock (7/13/13) - page 111

Banned
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Eenie-Meenie View Post
    Well, then, maybe bring in a third team. I think Mills might be the most attainable PG to fit our needs. And we could get rid of Foy in the process too. At least I hope so. He's almost as bad as Raja last year, except that he can shoot better.
    is the whole goal of this to get mills for you? if so, i gotta ask, why do you want mills so bad?
    he kinda sucka. woulda rather have Mo to be honest. and i am not a big Mo fan.

Banned
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    We should bring DHarris Back. Ya' know?
    nah, he is not a good fit here.
    unless of course we also fire TyCo and implement a pick and roll offense.

Rep Level
    How much have you seen Mills play? He's a pretty good point guard; Mo is not a PG, he's a shooting guard in PG body.

Rep Level
    Big Al for Paddy Mills
    Lol! *Shakes head*
    This just reminds me of fast food lingo for some reason.
    "If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Rep Level
    If we also could get Splitter and shed salary, then a good deal for the Jazz -- getting rid of Al and his salary is addition by subtraction, but getting something of value in addition would be a huge bonus. If we do the same with Foye related to this deal, that would even be better.

Rep Level
    If we also could get Splitter and shed salary, then a good deal for the Jazz -- getting rid of Al and his salary is addition by subtraction, but getting something of value in addition would be a huge bonus. If we do the same with Foye related to this deal, that would even be better.
    Funny how I brought up a Splitter and Al type trade last season after the playoffs, and nobody cared.
    Now all of a sudden.....
    "If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Rep Level
    This thread is a fail.

First what is Eenie-Meenie's infactuation with a scrub pg?

Second HH has posted three times in nine posts, scary.

Nothing good can come of this thread.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSilencer1313 View Post
    Funny how I brought up a Splitter and Al type trade last season after the playoffs, and nobody cared.
    Now all of a sudden.....
    I don't care.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Thee jazz fan View Post
    This thread is a fail.

First what is Eenie-Meenie's infactuation with a scrub pg?

Second HH has posted three times in nine posts, scary.

Nothing good can come of this thread.
    What's the ad hominem have anything to do with what's good or bad -- an ad hominem is in itself a negative we should avoid.

Rep Level
    Pop has see Al play basketball. No chance SA wants Al Jefferson, unless they Jazz give him away or add something to it to sweeten the deal.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Thee jazz fan View Post
    I don't care.
    Oh..... now I'm insanely butthurt.