Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Eenie-Meenie View Post
    Would San Antonio bite on a one-year rental of Big Al for Paddy Mills and Blair or Splitter? I looked at the salaries and they don't even come close to matching, and being totally ignorant of the rules about the cap, I figure it's an impossibility.

But can a team make such a trade that would put them over the cap if it solidifies their chance for a title? The big three's window is closing and an offensive force down low could put the Spurs over the top.

If anyone could get Big Al to pass out of the double team and to rotate on the P n R, it would be Pop. You know if Al didn't, Pop would put him on the bench until he did. Plus Al would have Duncan there as a second coach and his presence would help him on defense as well. Of course, Al's minutes would diminish in such a situation and he might not even start for them. But he could be a huge weapon for them, especially in the fourth quarter, and you know Pop would be subbing in for defense, as he always does if you watch the Spurs.

The Spurs don't need Mills or Blair, not sure they'd give up Splitter but that would ease the salary discrepancy because he makes $4 million and Blair only $1 million and change. And we could make Mills our starting point. Having watched him in the Olympics, I believe he is good enough to be a starting NBA PG and would definitely be better than anyone we have. Mo could then be a combo-guard sixth man and play back-up point, and we could trade Foy for a draft pick.

I realize this is an unlikely scenario but one can dream.
    Blair is a spitting image of Big Al, without the forced shots, turnovers and pathetic defense.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by carolinajazz View Post
    Blair is a spitting image of Big Al, without the forced shots, turnovers and pathetic defense.
    You're kidding right?
    For one thing Blair is 6'7 compared to Big Al's 6'10. And oh yeah, Blair can't shoot a basketball into a hockey net.
    "If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSilencer1313 View Post
    You're kidding right?
    For one thing Blair is 6'7 compared to Big Al's 6'10. And oh yeah, Blair can't shoot a basketball into a hockey net.
    To KKKarolinajazz they all look alike.
    "I'm a moron for thinking the Browns could even sniff 10 wins in a division where the other three teams (two of whom almost always make the playoffs) made the post-season last year. Gyp Rosetti's thee God of football knowledge." - Brown Notes

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Ill trade them big al for a box of twinkies.... those are getting rare so dont doubt their value...
    “Silence is golden, and gold is up these days, so silence is a solid investment.”
    ― Jarod Kintz

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Its funny seeing the contrast between our takes on the trade idea and the national forum on this site.

Everyone on this site is saying if it doesn't include K.Leonard no way Jazz will trade a guy in his prime.............. HA HA lets hope the Spurs think highly of Jefferson the way all of these fans do.

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=780834

I mean there is no way the Spurs trade Leonard and there is no way Jazz trade Jefferson for just Patty Mills and Splitter. We won't take Blair. We already have a short PF in Millsap.

Only option I see is.

Jazz get (No matter what we have to be getting Danny Green if we do this trade. Our new GM found this guy)
    Danny Green
    Splitter
    Patty Mills

Spurs get
    Jefferson
    Earl Watson or Tinsley
    Raja Bell (only to make salaries work) or include Foye instead to make it fair.

I still don't think the Spurs will do it because they are winning right now. But this is the only way it could happen.
    Danny Green, Patty Mills & Foye cannot be traded until December 15th anyways.
    "The main ingredient of stardom is the rest of the team." - John Wooden

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    You guys are insane if you think the Spurs are dumb enough to take Jefferson. Jeffersons work ethic, the way he plays, all goes against EVERYTHING what Popovich has built that team to represent.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Al is NOT getting traded. He will expire. I will bet anyone on that. Who's wants some of that action?
    Life is like watching Fast and the Furious 6. It's not easy, most of the time it's just dumb and pointless, everything is fake, there is a lot of noise, but if you close your eyes and picture yourself in an open field or a quiet forest, you can maybe make it to the end without killing yourself.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by pickledXgrandma View Post
    You guys are insane if you think the Spurs are dumb enough to take Jefferson. Jeffersons work ethic, the way he plays, all goes against EVERYTHING what Popovich has built that team to represent.

Pops took Boris Diaw and made a productive playoff starter out of him in 1/2 season. That guy's the Lex Luthor of the NBA.
    "I'm a moron for thinking the Browns could even sniff 10 wins in a division where the other three teams (two of whom almost always make the playoffs) made the post-season last year. Gyp Rosetti's thee God of football knowledge." - Brown Notes

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown Notes View Post
    Pops took Boris Diaw and made a productive playoff starter out of him in 1/2 season. That guy's the Lex Luthor of the NBA.
    Diaw did come from basketball outer darkness though. The Charlotte Bobcats.
    Life is like watching Fast and the Furious 6. It's not easy, most of the time it's just dumb and pointless, everything is fake, there is a lot of noise, but if you close your eyes and picture yourself in an open field or a quiet forest, you can maybe make it to the end without killing yourself.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    How does Boris Diaw apply to this? Just because he came from the Bobcats doesent mean he was a worthless player. Boris has been one of the best assist big men in the league during his career, something the spurs would be very interested in. Take a look at his APG, very impressive. He averaged over six assists one year for Phoenix.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Big Al couldnt average three with the way his dumb head is set even if he tried. Hes a huge chucker that holds up players on this team that are designed to run. He ****s everything up, and if you cant come to realize that watching the Jazz games then go have a circle jerk with Franklin watching highlight reels of Big al with the Timberwolves over a romantic glass of wine.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by pickledXgrandma View Post
    Big Al couldnt average three with the way his dumb head is set even if he tried. Hes a huge chucker that holds up players on this team that are designed to run. He ****s everything up, and if you cant come to realize that watching the Jazz games then go have a circle jerk with Franklin watching highlight reels of Big al with the Timberwolves over a romantic glass of wine.
    Don't forget to wipe. There's a good boy.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Don't forget to wipe. There's a good boy.
    Brown noise coming from your posts

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSilencer1313 View Post
    You're kidding right?
    ...yeah, my bad. I was thinking about Sap not Big Al!

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by carolinajazz View Post
    ...yeah, my bad. I was thinking about Sap not Big Al!
    Ah, I see you were thinking of an even better comparison.
    "If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson