Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Obama

Rep Level
    yeah, PKM, but I didn't state that the religious right (or anybody) had sole claim to behaving self-righteously - - I merely gave them as one example of that type of behavior. Self-righteousness comes in all varieties, and yes, we all may act that way at times.

The trouble with feeling self-righteous is that it tends to close one's mind to other viewpoints.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by moevillini View Post
    yeah, PKM, but I didn't state that the religious right (or anybody) had sole claim to behaving self-righteously - - I merely gave them as one example of that type of behavior. Self-righteousness comes in all varieties, and yes, we all may act that way at times.

The trouble with feeling self-righteous is that it tends to close one's mind to other viewpoints.
    We agree. Thanks for not infracting me.
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

The confusion...

---
    Pre-season mock (7/13/13) - page 111

Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolution 9 View Post
    I couldn't listen to more than 30 seconds without grabbing two screwdrivers for the eardrums.

I've had to bite my tongue pretty hard lately to not comment on some of the outlandish b.s. (beck ****) constantly flung around by some of my family members. Glenn Beck is by all accounts a false prophet, IMO, and that's putting it lightly. The dude no doubt has delusions of being some modern day savior. "Come follow me, I have seen the way". How does any Christian hear stuff like that and not get seriously creeped out?
    No Mediocrity

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    Ineptocracy is my new entrepreneurialism. I see lots of opportunity, now that I have taken a deep breath.
    I always thought you would. Even entrepreneurs initially fear change, but they have a gift for turning that around.
    http://lifetheuniverseandonebrow.blogspot.com/

Isaiah 1:18 -- Come now, and let us reason together

Any habitual action, such as eating or dressing, may be performed on the appropriate occasion, without any need of thought, and the same seems to be true of a painfully large proportion of our talk. -- Bertrand Russell

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolution 9 View Post
    Kudos to you sir. I hope I haven't offended you along the way, and we can continue to respectfully debate our beliefs here.

And look, you never sunk this low. I'm just glad we have people that lean right like you that don't sink this low.

I think the right will rebound in a big way if they can move away from thoughts shared in this video.
    As a Mormon, I find this really offensive. He seems to act like a pastor or a wannabe prophet. Leave the prophesying to someone called by God. I'm sorry Bro. Beck, but you certainly are not called of God. In fact, quite the opposite really. If he really believes in the hierarchy and the revelation of the LDS Church, then he really needs to back off on his views. If Pres. Monson isn't condemning America then why the hell should Beck?

For the good that many Mormons have done, ex charity work, and the pub that was given to the church through this past election (which... I believe was generally good), this man does the whole church a complete disservice.

I remember it being preached in the MTC about locking your heart and how bad missionaries could leave a huge whole in their areas. Beck, creates far more holes in America. His "preaching" does nothing but damage to members and the LDS church not to mention the destruction to the mentality of many Americans (including the GOP).

Of course, he probably doesn't give a damn... Money is his god.
    Last edited by The Thriller; 11-19-2012 at 11:50 AM.
    Lakers Suck.

Rep Level
    I wonder how many people, who would support Obama, don't vote because the know voting democratic on president doesn't make a difference.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by HipHopAnonymous View Post
    I wonder how many people, who would support Obama, don't vote because the know voting democratic on president doesn't make a difference.
    I think there are more than one reason people don't vote. Such as those who see them as basically the same thing, those simply uninterested and those who are a minority voting bloc in a state. Such as Dems in places like ID, UT, OK and W.V. and repubs in places like N.Y. , CA and CT.
    #BelieveInLindsey

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by The Thriller View Post
    As a Mormon, I find this really offensive. He seems to act like a pastor or a wannabe prophet. Leave the prophesying to someone called by God. I'm sorry Bro. Beck, but you certainly are not called of God. In fact, quite the opposite really. If he really believes in the hierarchy and the revelation of the LDS Church, then he really needs to back off on his views. If Pres. Monson isn't condemning America then why the hell should Beck?

For the good that many Mormons have done, ex charity work, and the pub that was given to the church through this past election (which... I believe was generally good), this man does the whole church a complete disservice.

I remember it being preached in the MTC about locking your heart and how bad missionaries could leave a huge whole in their areas. Beck, creates far more holes in America. His "preaching" does nothing but damage to members and the LDS church not to mention the destruction to the mentality of many Americans (including the GOP).

Of course, he probably doesn't give a damn... Money is his god.
    I think they should make you the face of the franchise instead of Glenn beck. It would be missionary work explosion!
    No Mediocrity

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoked View Post
    I think there are more than one reason people don't vote. Such as those who see them as basically the same thing, those simply uninterested and those who are a minority voting bloc in a state. Such as Dems in places like ID, UT, OK and W.V. and repubs in places like N.Y. , CA and CT.
    Which makes an argument for the popular vote over the electoral college system. Every vote really counts in the popular vote. Voting Obama in Utah is a wasted vote.

I think you'd see more people voting if they felt like their vote counted towards the Presidential election.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by HipHopAnonymous View Post
    Which makes an argument for the popular vote over the electoral college system. Every vote really counts in the popular vote. Voting Obama in Utah is a wasted vote.

I think you'd see more people voting if they felt like their vote counted towards the Presidential election.
    I agree.
    #BelieveInLindsey

Rep Level
    Obama is the antichrist, he must be stopped!

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by LiemD View Post
    Obama is the antichrist, he must be stopped!
    Blackish/whitish Hitler!!
    "If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by moevillini View Post
    I'm not self righteous... it's just that everybody else is wrong!

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Scat View Post
    I'm not self righteous... it's just that everybody else is stupid!
    fixed
    No Mediocrity

Rep Level
    hes gonna take our guns
    Lakers Suck.