Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by SiroMar View Post
    There are two plausible visions for the future (sorry, but a religious judgement day is not one of them) that I keep encountering in science fiction and futurist books, and I wonder which one will prevail in the next couple of hundred years. The first is the liberal vision where the vast majority of the world is united under a single government that tackles global issues, while local governments address immediate needs of their constituents. Or the libertarian vision with thousands of separate legal entities tied in a loose state of economic interdependence, but they remain mostly self-governed except for the occasional voluntary participation in wider initiatives.

I've always assumed the liberal vision was more likely (what Silencer would call a New World Order). But now the trend seems to be heading in the libertarian direction.
    The New World Order isnt a Liberal thing, and it isnt just something the Silencer made up. Hell, it isnt even a conspiracy theory. Its real life, right out in the open, for everyone to see.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Hack View Post
    The New World Order isnt a Liberal thing, and it isnt just something the Silencer made up. Hell, it isnt even a conspiracy theory. Its real life, right out in the open, for everyone to see.
    I never said Silencer made it up, and it is a "liberal thing". Not liberal in the sense of Democrat v Republican entertainment that people think is political discourse, but in a more meaningful ideological stance.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I never said Silencer made it up, and it is a "liberal thing". Not liberal in the sense of Democrat v Republican entertainment that people think is political discourse, but in a more meaningful ideological stance.
    I see what you are saying, and thats a lot closer to right, but I still disagree some. I dont think the players in the new world order movement are doing it because they are concerned about the planet and other liberal ideology. I think its a race to conquer the planet. Plain and simple. These people hunger for money, control, and power. I think behind the curtains, none of them could care less about their political views.

Here is a republican George Bush calling for a New World Order. Do you think he is on board because of his liberal values? Not quite.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I like you, so I'm just going to thank you for the input.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I wonder what % of these people actually voted this time around

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    A petition is not going to do ****.

Start a civil war or something and get your ass beat down. How many hicks (or crazy people) signed the petition?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by asian_roger View Post

Start a civil war or something and get your ass beat down. How many hicks (or crazy people) signed the petition?
    But Texas has 25,000 signatures (I don't know how many they really have). Clearly this would allow them to succeed right?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by asian_roger View Post

Quote Originally Posted by HipHopAnonymous View Post
    But Texas has 25,000 signatures (I don't know how many they really have). Clearly this would allow them to succeed right?
    Texas has over 100,000. The total signatures so far are around 800,000 I believe.

Texas, Florida. Alabama, N. Carolina, Louisiana , Georgia and 1-2 other states have at least 25K sigs. What that number means is the White House will give an "official response" to those petitions. Keep in mind this is not the governments of those states. In fact the Texas and Louisiana Governors both came out and basically blasted the petitions and said no way.
    #BelieveInLindsey #BelieveInSnyder

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate505 View Post
    I wouldn't be against the idea if it didn't involve so many hick states.
    You do realize that all 50 states now have a secession petition started?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I've always assumed the liberal vision was more likely (what Silencer would call a New World Order). But now the trend seems to be heading in the libertarian direction.
    I don't think either trend will hold. Improved technology has made large empires easier to administer, but aside from that there has always been a cycle of cdonsolidation and separation. Different cultures will continue to create new offshoots, some will govern in a way we probably can't even name right now.
    http://lifetheuniverseandonebrow.blogspot.com/

Isaiah 1:18 -- Come now, and let us reason together

Any habitual action, such as eating or dressing, may be performed on the appropriate occasion, without any need of thought, and the same seems to be true of a painfully large proportion of our talk. -- Bertrand Russell

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I like you, so I'm just going to thank you for the input.

You are welcome. I like you too.

I thank you for your input as well.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Interesting that SiroMar would acknowledge the elites call for a New World Order. There's no doubt that the power elite want a one world government, because that's the direction our presidents and all nations that exist under U.N. treaties are heading with every bill passed.
    I believe it to be the trend is now that more and more people are paying attention to this fact, and the people aren't going to take it anymore.

At the same time, I believe this time is to be the final push towards that one world government, as they're being as open about it as ever now days.
    People of the world definitely seem to be pushing back though, as riots turn into battles, battles turn into wars, and wars turn into overthrows.
    "If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoked View Post
    Keep in mind this is not the governments of those states. In fact the Texas and Louisiana Governors both came out and basically blasted the petitions and said no way.
    I don't think there's any governor in their right mind that would come out and endorse their states secession petition. That is unless it 'might' further their political careers.

I fully expect secession talks to further escalate into state governments as a couple years pass into the Obama's 2nd administration.
    As Obama continues to fail and break more promises, it will become the norm to blame and hate him, until the new "savior of the world" announces his/her run for the next presidency.
    Sarah Palin maybe?
    "If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSilencer1313 View Post
    Sarah Palin maybe?
    Marco Rubio. He's already held a fundraiser in IA.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Scat View Post
    Marco Rubio. He's already held a fundraiser in IA.
    The early names I have heard have been Marco Rubio, Bobby Jindal and Chris Christie. I would also suspect some of the other 2012 primary challengers such as Perry, Gingrich and Santorum.

Personally I hope that Huntsman runs again as well. I'd much rather tune into a republican debate with Huntsman, Rubio, Christie and Jindal on stage than the likes of Perry, Gingrich, Bachman and Santorum.
    #BelieveInLindsey #BelieveInSnyder