Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoked View Post
    The early names I have heard have been Marco Rubio, Bobby Jindal and Chris Christie. I would also suspect some of the other 2012 primary challengers such as Perry, Gingrich and Santorum.

Personally I hope that Huntsman runs again as well. I'd much rather tune into a republican debate with Huntsman, Rubio, Christie and Jindal on stage than the likes of Perry, Gingrich, Bachman and Santorum.
    I agree with your Huntsman assessment, as I'm quite in tune with him as well (excluding his foreign policy, which wasn't extremely clear anyway).

I expect two other names to break the fold as well.
    Jesse Ventura and Rand Paul.
    "If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSilencer1313 View Post
    I agree with your Huntsman assessment, as I'm quite in tune with him as well (excluding his foreign policy, which wasn't extremely clear anyway).

I expect two other names to break the fold as well.
    Jesse Ventura and Rand Paul.
    Ventura is a show boat and I really have no interest in listening to him. He will gain no traction and would be a fool to even try.

I would be open to hearing what Rand Paul has to say.

2012 GOP field of Huntsman, Jindal, Rubio, Christie, Paul, Gingrich and Perry?
    Last edited by Stoked; 11-19-2012 at 03:11 PM.
    #BelieveInLindsey #BelieveInSnyder

I Got a feeling that tonight's gonna be a good night; that tonight's gonna be a good night;
    that tonight's gonna be a good good night; wooh hoo (x4) - For Cy

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    In the spirit of the secession movement, I decided to take a look at how many Utahns might think it's a good idea.
    Apparently over 8,000 do, and I just added myself to the petition. How would it be my friends?
    Federally ceased lands fully restored to the citizens, no more wasting of tax funds, no more federally imposed drug laws, and an easier to control local government no longer dependent on federal charity funds with massive interest attached.
    Most importantly.... no more manipulative private federal reserve bankers deciding the very fate of our economy.
    Thoughts??
    Yeah, I see the nation of Utah having very lax laws, especially drug and alcohol laws. 40% of your gross income to National Tax, 10% of it going to the national government.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Ventura is a show boat and I really hav eno itnerest in listening to him.
    I agree that Ventura has a very outspoken personality, but I see him as a very viable independent candidate.

He will gain no tractiona nd would be a fool to even try.
    Isn't this what everybody said when he ran as an independent for governor of Minnesota?
    Not to mention what everybody said about Ron Paul in 2008.

I would be open to hearing what Rand Paul has to say.

2012 GOP field of Huntsman, Jindal, Rubio, Christie, Paul, Gingrich and Perry?
    I didn't like the fact that Rand endorsed Mitt Romney towards the end of the race, but I definitely want to hear what he has to say.
    If he doesn't mention the federal reserve like I'm sure the rest won't, then he has truly went towards the status quo.

I like that GOP field.
    "If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I agree that Ventura has a very outspoken personality, but I see him as a very viable independent candidate.

Isn't this what everybody said when he ran as an independent for governor of Minnesota?
    Not to mention what everybody said about Ron Paul in 2008.

I didn't like the fact that Rand endorsed Mitt Romney towards the end of the race, but I definitely want to hear what he has to say.
    If he doesn't mention the federal reserve like I'm sure the rest won't, then he has truly went towards the status quo.

I like that GOP field.
    It is certainly a step in the right direction. Personally I'd like to see people like Huntsman, Christie and both Pauls join with Cain in actually giving a 3rd party some steam. Sprinkle in some blue dog dems and waah lah!

I Got a feeling that tonight's gonna be a good night; that tonight's gonna be a good night;

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    It is certainly a step in the right direction. Personally I'd like to see people like Huntsman, Christie and both Pauls join with Cain in actually giving a 3rd party some steam. Sprinkle in some blue dog dems and waah lah!
    That would be the ultimate in moving in the right direction. An actually viable 3rd party in the United States? Wow....

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    That would be the ultimate in moving in the right direction. An actually viable 3rd party in the United States? Wow....
    True but we both know that is a pipe dream. It will never start from the top down. It will start, if ever, from the bottom up.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    True but we both know that is a pipe dream. It will never start from the top down. It will start, if ever, from the bottom up.
    Just like the libertarian party, but when they reached the top they were hijacked.
    It has to be completely grassroots, and not sponsored by Wall Street, who by the way were top contributors to both the Romney and Obama campaigns. Illusions of choice.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    The early names I have heard have been Marco Rubio, Bobby Jindal and Chris Christie. I would also suspect some of the other 2012 primary challengers such as Perry, Gingrich and Santorum.

Personally I hope that Huntsman runs again as well. I'd much rather tune into a republican debate with Huntsman, Rubio, Christie and Jindal on stage than the likes of Perry, Gingrich, Bachman and Santorum.
    I doubt Jindal. I've watched him speak before and he has the personality of a wet newspaper. As we seem to have become a country where style is more important than substance I don't think he stands a chance.

I hope that nobody from this past cycle attempts to run but I suspect that at least Santorum will give it a go.

I'm sure there will be a couple of newcomers that give it a shot as well.

Lastly, my early favs are Christie and Rubio.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    What about a Rand Paul/Jesse Ventura ticket?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    What about a Rand Paul/Jesse Ventura ticket?
    No.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Scat View Post
    You do realize that all 50 states now have a secession petition started?
    Yeah, and I can see where the numbers are.

Texas: 109K
    Louisiana: 35K
    Florida/Georgia/Alabama/North Carolina/Tennessee: around 35K
    South Carolina/Colorado/Arkansas/Missouri/Arizona/Michigan/Kentucky/Indiana: around 25K

To look at it another way, California has about 37.7 million people and has managed a whole 1,100 sigs, or to put it another way, 0.0003% of the population. Wow, how impressive if that's "all" 50 states.

My points stands, though I'm a tad disappointed by Colorado. Then again the GOP tea party morons here nominated Ken Buck and Dan Maes for Senator/Governor, so the fact they dug up 25K idiots for this petition isn't surprising.

Dutch Gone Countdown: 346 Posts left as of 11:25 PM MST on 11/24/14. At an average of about 6 posts a day, estimated Dutch Gone Time is 58 days from now (1/21/15)

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Duck Rodgers View Post
    Is Colorado a hick state? Just curious.
    Thankfully no, though there are plenty out here. Mostly in the farmland area and Colorado Springs.

Dutch Gone Countdown: 346 Posts left as of 11:25 PM MST on 11/24/14. At an average of about 6 posts a day, estimated Dutch Gone Time is 58 days from now (1/21/15)

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Im one of the ones who signed this petition. It felt good to excercise my rights and an american citizen.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate505 View Post
    California has about 37.7 million people and has managed a whole 1,100 sigs, or to put it another way, 0.0003% of the population.
    Did you really expect that in the land of liberal ideals, that a state like California would do anything other than be quiet and fess up to the status quo?