Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Eenie-Meenie View Post
    Burks is longer than Wade and may even be quicker, though probably not as good a handle. So, yes, he certainly has the potential. Why the Jazz can't see that, is beyond me. They give Kanter all the time in the world and yet Burks who in my opinion has greater potential is getting nothing.
    Every single opinion you have from this moment on is worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by kennykyle View Post
    So, you know for a fact that Wade is quicker than Burks? I don't. I do know that Burks is very quick off the dribble and while Wade is also, it's not so much his quickness that is his greatest asset but a combination of strength and agility.

Another stupid response from a Jazzfanz poster

Banned
    Another stupid response from a Jazzfanz poster
    Stupid posts get stupid responses

Stupid posts get stupid responses
    You failed to address the issue of your knowledge about who is quicker since you seemed so self-assured that what I said was worthless.

Banned
    You failed to address the issue of your knowledge about who is quicker since you seemed so self-assured that what I said was worthless.
    Wade is quicker, stronger, more athletic, more skilled, more handsome, wears nicer clothes, makes more money, ..... the list goes on .... Why are people comparing Burks to Wade?

Quote Originally Posted by orangello View Post
    This is a thought that I have had since the beginning of the season. Does Burks just talk a big game? I'm always hearing that him always being overlooked has motivated him to be better, but has the money corrupted him and he just keeps saying that because he wants everyone to keep believing in him? It has been working for me but now I am starting to question it.
    I do remember that many of the players were talking about how good Burks was playing and last year Corbin mentioned several times I need to get Alex more minutes. I guess you need to ask the money question when/if he gets a big contract. I know he still makes a lot but not by NBA standard beside the fact that he was never highly recruited so he must have some work ethic to reach the NBA.

Burks is really, really good at one thing. That's enough to warrant developing him. It worked for Millsap, Alec can get better too. But Utah is already developing 4 other players, has 2 incoming picks and wants to be a playoff contender immediately, AND has a huge hole at PG.
    "I'm a moron for thinking the Browns could even sniff 10 wins in a division where the other three teams (two of whom almost always make the playoffs) made the post-season last year. Gyp Rosetti's thee God of football knowledge." - Brown Notes

Wade is quicker, stronger, more athletic, more skilled, more handsome, wears nicer clothes, makes more money, ..... the list goes on .... Why are people comparing Burks to Wade?

because, metrically, they are similar.

(coming out of college)

Wingspan
    W- 6'10.75''
    B - 6'10''

Standing reach
    W - 8'6''
    B - 8'7.5''

Max Vertical Jump
    W - 35''
    B - 36''

Body fat
    W - 6.7%
    B - 5.1%

Lane speed
    W - 10.56
    B - 10.96

3/4 Sprint
    W - 3.08
    B - 3.17

Rookie season
    W - 46%,30%,74%
    B - 43%,33%,73%

Rookie #'s per 36

W - 16.8 pts, 4.2 rebs, 4.7 asts, 1.5 stls, 3.3 to's
    B - 16.3 pts, 5.1 rebs, 2.1 asts, 1.0 stls, 2 to's

BIGGEST DIFFERENCE (rookies)
    Mins
    Wade - 35 mins/game
    Burks - 16 mins/game

One had a coach who decided to invest in him, the other had a coach who didn't.

Sometimes that is the biggest factor in all of this.

Has anyone noticed how bad Burks is on defense? Maybe thats why he dont play. And the fact that he cant hit a free throw. If your one skill is getting to the line, then you better hit your free throws. He doesnt do himself any favors by showing he doesnt like to work on that part of his game.

I like Burks and want to see what he can turn into too but he has to be ready when he is called upon.

And will someone tell him he defends like a jackass. Stop over playing your man. Also he could use a little added weight. Dude isnt very strong, and it shows.

I think to succeed in the Jazz system, the first thing you need to know how to do is be in the right place on the offense. He doesnt do that well either.

Banned
    I guess Burks could be Wade and Ty is the only thing holding him back.

I guess Burks could be Wade and Ty is the only thing holding him back.
    Wait .. who picked me?

EDIT: This no longer makes sense because I changed my sig.
    Last edited by PKM; 11-19-2012 at 03:10 PM.
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

The confusion...

---
    Pre-season mock (7/13/13) - page 111

Quote Originally Posted by Brown Notes View Post
    Burks is really, really good at one thing. That's enough to warrant developing him. It worked for Millsap, Alec can get better too. But Utah is already developing 4 other players, has 2 incoming picks and wants to be a playoff contender immediately, AND has a huge hole at PG.
    This is probably the most fair and balanced post about the burks playing time issue.

I personally believe (like most others) that burks should be getting regular minutes in the rotation.... however you make some good points here as to why he isnt

Quote Originally Posted by Hack View Post
    Has anyone noticed how bad Burks is on defense? Maybe thats why he dont play. And the fact that he cant hit a free throw. If your one skill is getting to the line, then you better hit your free throws. He doesnt do himself any favors by showing he doesnt like to work on that part of his game.

I like Burks and want to see what he can turn into too but he has to be ready when he is called upon.

And will someone tell him he defends like a jackass. Stop over playing your man. Also he could use a little added weight. Dude isnt very strong, and it shows.

I think to succeed in the Jazz system, the first thing you need to know how to do is be in the right place on the offense. He doesnt do that well either.
    The numbers speak for themselves in jope's post above. Burks and Wade are extremely similar, both numbers wise, and athletically.

Now yes, maybe Burks isn't the greatest on the team defensively.... but neither was Wade at that point in his career. Is he as good defensively right now then Demarre Carroll? Absolutely not.
    But Foye? I'm guessing yes.

The problem is Foye receiving all of these minutes while stinking it up for three straight games.
    Also, we all know Burks needs to add some weight as I'm sure he will.
    Kirilenko, Brewer, Hayward, and CJ Miles have all done this successfully.
    I thought we could use a laugh with Miles in there.
    "If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by doubledribble View Post
    Serious question. We know that as of now Burks is very good at getting to the rim and scoring and quite bad at making a jump shot.
    "Confucius" say: He who cannot make jump shot.....should practice jump shot when young.....not worry about dunking!