Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Wade has abot 20 pounds of pure muscle on Burks, which matters quite a bit. Wade goes through people, Burks still has to rely on finesse to finish at the rim.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Who cares if he is a "complete" player. If he could come in and consistently score and shoots a decent percentage I'd take that.
    Life is like watching Fast and the Furious 6. It's not easy, most of the time it's just dumb and pointless, everything is fake, there is a lot of noise, but if you close your eyes and picture yourself in an open field or a quiet forest, you can maybe make it to the end without killing yourself.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad Feldheimer View Post
    Who cares if he is a "complete" player. If he could come in and consistently score and shoots a decent percentage I'd take that.
    The OP must've forgotten that basketball is about only about scoring, nothing else.
    "If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Yes, yes he does.
    But does he have the opportunity in Utah? I don't know. Probably TyCo has to go first.

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Burks is playing like Morris Almond.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I said this when Foye was signed, and I'll say it again: What the Jazz needed going into this season was a backup 3 who could shoot. If we had that, Burks would get regular minutes. Now they're stuck in the situation they exactly created. And we're left with the narrative that Burks is caught in a numbers game, or not a complete enough player to play, or not that good.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I get it, Burks doesn't know how to play within the offence yet. Also, he is trying to transition his game to the point guard and he is stuck between the two right now. I still think that it is ironic that the most selfish player on the team is trying to convert into being a point guard. I'm not sure that it'll work, and as long as Foye and Hayward are both on the team and healthy, he won't get much time at the 2. I could see Burks beating out Tinsley and Watson IF he can develop into a 1, but boy, I just don't see it.

He can handle the ball like a 1, and he's agile enough to pass, but really; will he?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    If Evans couldn't transition to the 1, I don't really see how Burks can.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Burks outside shot has been disappointing no doubt.
    "Hayward can be a #1?"......"Maybe if he goes down to Fort Wayne...DLeague" -ESPN

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolution 9 View Post
    Burks outside shot has been disappointing no doubt.
    Again as stated earlier he shot well in the summer league and in preseason. Hard to shoot good coming into a game cold with 2 minutes to play.

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzrule View Post
    Again as stated earlier he shot well in the summer league and in preseason. Hard to shoot good coming into a game cold with 2 minutes to play.
    That may be true, but its also a hell of a lot easier to shoot well in the preseason. So, either which way he isnt playing well right now, which is what really matters.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad Feldheimer View Post
    ....if he could consistently score and shoot a decent percentage, wouldn't that make him a "complete" player?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by kennykyle View Post
    I guess Burks could be Wade and Ty is the only thing holding him back.
    no, wade could have been burks had ty been his coach