Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

Unreal expectations

The jazz have had a brutal first month of a schedule. Everyone calling for Ty's head needs to realize that we have only lost 1 game that we really really should have won. New Orleans, absolutely should not have lost that but its the NBA and believe it or not there are NBA players on every team that can play well for stretches. We have lost to SA, Memphis, Denver, Boston, and Philly on the road. All of those teams are as good or better than the Jazz. We lost on the road to teams that in all honesty should beat us when they are at home. Everyone needs to calm down, the schedule will get easier, we will go on a nice stretch where we win 8 of 10 and everything will even out. Best case scenario the Jazz are 6-4 MAYBE 7-3 if we play amazing, so 5-5 is not the worst thing and should have been expected. Calm the F*** down.

Kobe is a bitch.

That is all.

Wizards: One of the worst teams in history.
    Toronto: Absolute garbage.
    Philly: A below average team playing without their best player.
    Lakers: They were doing all they can to lose, and it was still difficult.
    Boston: Incredibly old and slow, probably a marginal playoffs team.
    Denver: Last in the division despite a favorable schedule.
    Dallas: Same as Boston, lower seed playoffs team.

SA and Memphis: legit contenders.

I would say we had a pretty average schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by kennykyle View Post
    The jazz have had a brutal first month of a schedule. Everyone calling for Ty's head needs to realize that we have only lost 1 game that we really really should have won.
    Now when everything is clear, I gonna sleep like a baby.

Banned
    Denver, Boston, and Philly are just as good or better than the Jazz. The Jazz will win 5 of the next 6 and everyone will be fine.

The Jazz lost two games against teams with clearly inferior talent (NO and Philly).

They embarrassed themselves in Denver.

I won't call the win in Toronto a miracle - but I will call it a highly unlikely victory

Despite the win - they were horrible in Washington. Clearly would have been an L against any other team in the league.

I'd say this is all cause for concern.

It's not about the results. People didn't like Corbin last year too, until fortunate injuries steered him in the right direction.
    http://www.abload.de/img/sig_f2elrcm.jpg

Denver, Boston, and Philly are just as good or better than the Jazz. The Jazz will win 5 of the next 6 and everyone will be fine.
    Yeah, they're all marginal playoffs teams fighting for the last couple of spots in the playoffs. So no, I personally won't be fine with that unless it's building up for something better.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SiroMar View Post
    Yeah, they're all marginal playoffs teams fighting for the last couple of spots in the playoffs. So no, I personally won't be fine with that unless it's building up for something better.
    Just like the Jazz

Just like the Jazz
    That is the problem.... some of us believe that competing for the 8th seed again is a bad thing, when you are at the same time not developing the young talent on the roster.
    In other words..... a repeat of last year=fail.

I expect the Jazz to have a functional offense. Maybe that's unreal.
    "I'm a moron for thinking the Browns could even sniff 10 wins in a division where the other three teams (two of whom almost always make the playoffs) made the post-season last year. Gyp Rosetti's thee God of football knowledge." - Brown Notes

Just like the Jazz
    Yes...

That's what we're not happy about. Being carried to a late playoffs spot by players who aren't going to be with us next year, and having to restart again with the same uncertainty. I'd rather have a team with a more ambitious and patient vision. So a few wins here and there certainly won't make me any happier. But that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Brown Notes View Post
    I expect the Jazz to have a functional offense. Maybe that's unreal.
    And you don't see that as a coaching problem? I sometimes wonder if playing the youth more minutes would actually mean much in a broken offense.

Isn't it obvious the season is made or broken in the first month?

I will say the same thing then that I say now. Ty has lost me. I am fine with the guy as a persona nd I do not hat ehimb ut he needs to go. I do not think he is the right man for this team.

Quote Originally Posted by SiroMar View Post
    And you don't see that as a coaching problem? I sometimes wonder if playing the youth more minutes would actually mean much in a broken offense.
    Yea Ty should be doing some things differently. I'm not on the fire wagon but this is not okay, what is going on offensively. No, playing Burks or Kanter more would not help. Here's what would:

Mo/Foye - Jefferson inside outside game. Where the F has that been?

Get the ball out of Mo's hands much faster in the half court.

Run actual flex plays instead of always ISOing Al.

I do like what Ty has been trying to do defensively and it is possible the retardation of the offense is a result of him introducing some zone. I also think Corbs deserves some credit getting AJ trying so hard to be a better transition player. But it's hard to defend the guy when our offense looks like a four toed dwarf with down syndrome.
    "I'm a moron for thinking the Browns could even sniff 10 wins in a division where the other three teams (two of whom almost always make the playoffs) made the post-season last year. Gyp Rosetti's thee God of football knowledge." - Brown Notes