Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by kennykyle View Post
    The jazz have had a brutal first month of a schedule. Everyone calling for Ty's head needs to realize that we have only lost 1 game that we really really should have won. New Orleans, absolutely should not have lost that but its the NBA and believe it or not there are NBA players on every team that can play well for stretches. We have lost to SA, Memphis, Denver, Boston, and Philly on the road. All of those teams are as good or better than the Jazz. We lost on the road to teams that in all honesty should beat us when they are at home. Everyone needs to calm down, the schedule will get easier, we will go on a nice stretch where we win 8 of 10 and everything will even out. Best case scenario the Jazz are 6-4 MAYBE 7-3 if we play amazing, so 5-5 is not the worst thing and should have been expected. Calm the F*** down.

Kobe is a bitch.

That is all.
    I would agree with you except other then the road games we've played a bunch of ok to crappy teams, except the spurs and Memphis. The most concerning thing is the level of intensity the team is playing with, and not knowing how to execute the offense. This doesn't look like a good team. The starters mainly.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    My expectation for this year were actually quite simple and easy to accomplish: Develop the young lottery talent on the team. Thats all not very unrealistic in my opinion.
    We can make the playoffs and lose in the 1st round or miss the playoffs all together. I dont care either way because our ceiling this season is a first round exit no matter who gets playing time.

I expected the jazz to find a way to get favors 35 minutes per game, hayward 30 minutes, kanter 25-30 minutes, and burks 20-25 minutes per game and hopefully those 4 would gain some chemistry and experience together and then next year we get a few more draft picks and spend our money wisely in free agency.... then my win/loss expectations would kick in and i would probably unrealistic for what i expect our team to win NEXT year.

This season SHOULD have been about developing our young, talented lottery picks..... even if it meant a worse record.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown Notes View Post
    Yea Ty should be doing some things differently. I'm not on the fire wagon but this is not okay, what is going on offensively. No, playing Burks or Kanter more would not help. Here's what would:

Mo/Foye - Jefferson inside outside game. Where the F has that been?

Get the ball out of Mo's hands much faster in the half court.

Run actual flex plays instead of always ISOing Al.

I do like what Ty has been trying to do defensively and it is possible the retardation of the offense is a result of him introducing some zone. I also think Corbs deserves some credit getting AJ trying so hard to be a better transition player. But it's hard to defend the guy when our offense looks like a four toed dwarf with down syndrome.
    Your one of the more credible posters here, and agree with you, but a lot of these things aren't going to happen till Al is off the team, and Kanter and Favors learn to pass more frequently. They force the issue way too much. Also the Jazz might try using Hayward as the focus of the offense, not as the main scorer but as a distributer and playmaker. If the jazz ever do this he will become an Allstar that has the ability to put up a line of 18/4/6/1/1.

Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by SiroMar View Post
    Wizards: One of the worst teams in history.
    Toronto: Absolute garbage.
    Philly: A below average team playing without their best player.
    Lakers: They were doing all they can to lose, and it was still difficult.
    Boston: Incredibly old and slow, probably a marginal playoffs team.
    Denver: Last in the division despite a favorable schedule.
    Dallas: Same as Boston, lower seed playoffs team.

SA and Memphis: legit contenders.

I would say we had a pretty average schedule.
    Be honest, Siromar, are you trying to turn into a caricature?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Just to add, if Ty does play Burks he should be running PnR with Favors.

Yea, the offense should be run through Hayward a lot more. Anybody, really, that's not named Williams. Ty's main dumbassery has been that he wants Mo Williams to be Deron Williams. News flash Ty, he's not.
    "I'm a moron for thinking the Browns could even sniff 10 wins in a division where the other three teams (two of whom almost always make the playoffs) made the post-season last year. Gyp Rosetti's thee God of football knowledge." - Brown Notes

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

how tough has Jazz schedule been?

Jazz schedule is ranked by Sagarin as 9th toughest (top 30%)

Philly: A below average team playing without their best player.
    Philly Sagarin team rank = 12

Denver: Last in the division despite a favorable schedule.
    Pretty clearly not true. Nuggets played Miami twice, San Antonio, and seven out of ten road games Denver's Sagarin schedule ranking is 4rth toughest

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Siromar likes to bend the truth to make a point.

Philly is good, not a championship contender but we shouldnt be guarnteeing a victory against them on the road
    Denver has tons of talent, they are just struggling a bit right now. Once again, a loss to them on the road is to be expected.
    Boston, still have KG, Pierce, and Rondo. Should lose to them on the road.
    SA and Memphis are two of the better teams in the league.

The Jazz should have won one MAYBE 2 more games. We arent that far off of where we probably should be.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Since when did it become unrealistic to expect our team to run an actual offense? Because the crap we run on that end of the court looks an awful lot like me and my hack buddies playing at the church gym.

It's not necessarily the Wins and Loses that are troubling but the way that they have occurred.
    Welcome aboard Snyder, Exum and Hood. Here is to hoping this season is more entertaining than the last 3.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    Yeah.... and I'm the troll here.
    "If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSilencer1313 View Post
    Yeah.... and I'm the troll here.
    This isn't Highlander.
    #BelieveInLindsey #BelieveInSnyder

I Got a feeling that tonight's gonna be a good night; that tonight's gonna be a good night;
    that tonight's gonna be a good good night; wooh hoo (x4) - For Cy

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Denver, Boston, and Philly are just as good or better than the Jazz. The Jazz will win 5 of the next 6 and everyone will be fine.
    Boston without Rondo playing for most of the 2nd half. And it's not just about the teams we lost to, it's about how we've played in those games...

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Denver, Boston, and Philly are just as good or better than the Jazz. The Jazz will win 5 of the next 6 and everyone will be fine.
    I actually think kennykyle is on the money here. I say the Jazz win at least 4 of the next 6, with one of those games being very close.
    "If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by fishonjazz View Post
    In other words..... a repeat of last year=fail.
    This X1,000,000
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    Why must you hurt my feelings like that? :..(

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I'm not too worried. We're an extremely solid home team-- they're just psychologically retarded on the road.

Last year, New Jersey did better than Utah on the road.

In fact, we tied with the Golden State Tankers as far as road records go.

This team is garbage on the road. Absolute garbage.

If we can even do 5 games better on the road this year, that would be spectacular.
    http://jazzfanz.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1889&dateline=1332058703