Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Rep Level
    Favors has gotten more contested rebounds and more hustle rebounds than Jefferson has this year.

Jefferson is the designated garbage rebounder on this team - it's clear the other players defer to him on uncontested rebounds. Not a criticism. Karl Malone was the king of the garbage rebounds for most of his career. But his stats are padded.

Rep Level
    Well, for 15mln he is a bad rebounder. And please, don't show me his stats. There always will be someone in 1st round playoff who will want that rebound more than him.

Rep Level
    if stats where all that mattered tracy mcgrady would have made it out of the 1st round
    01-21-2013
    I, HeavenHarris, hereby pledge to my fellow JFC'rs that I will no longer give out neg-reps. All it does is cause negative things, like fights, drama, bitching, ill will, bad feelings, etc.
    Love, not hate, is the answer bros and moes.

LOL Lol breaks his pledge 5 days later hahahaha

Rep Level
    I agree that Al is rebounding at a high rate this season. I also agree that he is a low post scorer and one of the best in the league at that right now.

Where I disagree is the assumption that Al is a legitimate #1 option. His history proves that. My frustration is that the schemes for the team revolve around Al.

Keep rebounding but move the ball more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Rep Level
    He has done a much better job this year rebounding and getting to the FT line. I am interested to see if he keeps that up. I hope so because it is always nice to see guys improve/add to their game.
    #BelieveInLindsey

Rep Level
    Al gets all the easy rebounds. the guy is the tallest man on the team he better be pulling down rebounds.
    “Silence is golden, and gold is up these days, so silence is a solid investment.”
    ― Jarod Kintz

I'm jus' one dem guys...come, scrap, blue collar, junkyard dog
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrone Torbin View Post
    So are the Al haters willing to admit he is actually a pretty good rebounder?
    Not sure what you're getting at, Cy. When the stats (including team on-court/off-court) showed Al was an amazingly average rebounder the last two seasons, you scoffed at the stats. Now that the stats show that Al is rebounding at an elite level, you care only about the stats. A little intellectual integrity would be nice.

Also, as long as we're drawing strong conclusions on 12 game samples, Paul Millsap is the best 3-point shooter in NBA history. Clearly.
    http://jazzfanz.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=133&dateline=1317382587

Banned
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    I don't want to be convinced. I love hating Al and prefer to keep it that way. Anyone got some neg stats? Hurry, please.
    13% body fat is way to high!

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by GVC View Post
    Not sure what you're getting at, Cy. When the stats (including team on-court/off-court) showed Al was an amazingly average rebounder the last two seasons, you scoffed at the stats. Now that the stats show that Al is rebounding at an elite level, you care only about the stats. A little intellectual integrity would be nice.

Also, as long as we're drawing strong conclusions on 12 game samples, Paul Millsap is the best 3-point shooter in NBA history. Clearly.
    No, that stats still showed him to be a good rebounder, clearly above average. The on/off #'s came from the fact that the Jazz have two very good rebounders behind Jefferson, who are probably better than him most of the time (though not this season).

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gvc View Post
    not sure what you're getting at, cy. When the stats (including team on-court/off-court) showed al was an amazingly average rebounder the last two seasons, you scoffed at the stats. Now that the stats show that al is rebounding at an elite level, you care only about the stats. a little intellectual integrity would be nice.

also, as long as we're drawing strong conclusions on 12 game samples, paul millsap is the best 3-point shooter in nba history. Clearly.
    hahahahaha
    #BelieveInLindsey

Rep Level
    Stoked doesn't believe intellectual honesty is possible. Everybody is (at least partially) blinded by FOX or MSNBC.

Rep Level
    That bitch Maddow is making me critique Al. It must be her lezzy sneakers.

I'm jus' one dem guys...come, scrap, blue collar, junkyard dog
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrone Torbin View Post
    No, that stats still showed him to be a good rebounder, clearly above average.
    For an innumerate slob, you're awfully confident. I'm not going to dig up those stats for your benefit, as you've proven to be one of the most willfully ignorant posters in the history of Jazzfanz, but I'm fairly confident they didn't support the contention that Al was "clearly above average" rebounding the basketball the last two seasons.
    http://jazzfanz.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=133&dateline=1317382587

Rep Level
    Easy to get rebounds when everybody is shooting like crap. What percentage did Houston shoot again last night? I bet if we go back and look at the other games as well, those teams probably didn't shoot well either. Jefferson is a pretty good rebounder. Not bad, but not elite either. Oh, and it's a contract year for him too.

Banned
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by GVC View Post
    For an innumerate slob, you're awfully confident. I'm not going to dig up those stats for your benefit, as you've proven to be one of the most willfully ignorant posters in the history of Jazzfanz, but I'm fairly confident they didn't support the contention that Al was "clearly above average" rebounding the basketball the last two seasons.
    Al isnt above average? Your "average" must be pretty high. Al may not be the cream of the crop but he definitely isn't below average, or even average. He is above average, lets not be ridiculous. Your spite for his defense and lack of passing is clouding your judgement on his rebounding.