Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by One Brow View Post
    Solutions are nice and neat. There is no solution. All we can do is direct and reduce the conflict. However, that won't happen if we are kidding ourselves about its source.l
    From my perspective it seems to be that people (generally speaking) have placed all the blame at the feet of one side or the other.

It is not that clean. Both are very much guilty and they simply do not seem to care. To much blood has been spilt over to many generations, on both sides, for them to care about anything other than demonizing and killing the other.
    #BelieveInLindsey

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoked View Post
    From my perspective it seems to be that people (generally speaking) have placed all the blame at the feet of one side or the other.

It is not that clean. Both are very much guilty and they simply do not seem to care. To much blood has been spilt over to many generations, on both sides, for them to care about anything other than demonizing and killing the other.
    Agreed.
    http://lifetheuniverseandonebrow.blogspot.com/

Isaiah 1:18 -- Come now, and let us reason together

Any habitual action, such as eating or dressing, may be performed on the appropriate occasion, without any need of thought, and the same seems to be true of a painfully large proportion of our talk. -- Bertrand Russell

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Agreed.
    It may be inhumane but I say let them have it out and then cangratulate the winner. Niether will be willing to leave, neither will tolerate the other and they will never cooperate. Having it out is all that is left.

Let them have it out. There is no other solution. Just more killing and posturing.
    #BelieveInLindsey

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by The Thriller View Post
    The USA founded Israel?

And you're calling me ignorant?

ohhh dear.
    It was UN and just after the World War II. Can you see the connection?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    It may be inhumane but I say let them have it out and then cangratulate the winner. Niether will be willing to leave, neither will tolerate the other and they will never cooperate. Having it out is all that is left.

Let them have it out. There is no other solution. Just more killing and posturing.
    are you ****ing insane?!? I'm glad that u do not have authority over this kinda thing or things would go extreme massacre. how can u let your ethics and common sense and your great empathy that I have seen only in you in this forum dumped so easily?
    David Locke: "Because what happens in this league is, people start shooting threes and they get soft and donít want contact and then they just stay out there all the time. Youíre not going to get soft, are you?"
    Enes Kanter: "I kind of live in the paint, man. Come on. I wonít get soft. Donít worry about that."

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by addictionary View Post
    are you ****ing insane?!? I'm glad that u do not have authority over this kinda thing or things would go extreme massacre. how can u let your ethics and common sense and your great empathy that I have seen only in you in this forum dumped so easily?
    Honest question.

Do you see a path to peace between Israel and Palestine?

I do not. My post you quoted was just a logical path based on that assumption.

It is a horrible, terrible, inhumane conculsion but it is the only one I see that will finally resolve this war. it goes against human decency but it is the only way that it would ever end.

So those are our options. Continue to watch them murder each other without end or to allow them to end it.

Edit: I'd love to see true peace between the two. They both deserve their seat at the table so to speak. The fact that they themselves will not allow it is truly tragic.
    Last edited by Stoked; 11-21-2012 at 02:24 PM.
    #BelieveInLindsey

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

Gaza is a open-air jail with the blockade that Israel has been implement for many years so they may start with the removing the blockade (also status of Palestinian refugees, seperation walls etc). I mean it's hard to find people who cherish the hope for peace in that kind of environment, so its not a surprise why they picked Hamas as their legitimate leader and Hamas is the perfect legitimate reason for Israel to commit its crimes cause a peace won't serve the purpose of Israel. If there is a side who made the peace a remote chance, its Israel with their politically and morally unacceptable actions.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by CitizenofCapua View Post
    Gaza is a open-air jail with the blockade that Israel has been implement for many years so they may start with the removing the blockade (also status of Palestinian refugees, seperation walls etc). I mean it's hard to find people who cherish the hope for peace in that kind of environment, so its not a surprise why they picked Hamas as their legitimate leader and Hamas is the perfect legitimate reason for Israel to commit its crimes and a peace won't serve the purpose of Israel. If there is a side who made the peace a remote chance, its Israel with their politically and morally unacceptable actions.
    Israel has its fair share of blame no doubt but let's not pull the wool over our eyes. Any country on earth would go after a country launching rockets at it.

Hamas bears an equal share of the blame as Israel. Hamas is dedicated to the eradication of Israel. Not the removal of Israel or peacful coexistance. They want Israel destroyed completely.
    #BelieveInLindsey

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Hamas bears an equal share of the blame as Israel. Hamas is dedicated to the eradication of Israel. Not the removal of Israel or peacful coexistance. They want Israel destroyed completely.
    Every action has an equal and opposite reaction and Israel has created Hamas with their actions over the years. There was a chance for the peace with the Palestine Liberation Organization (El-Fetih) and Yaser Arafat which is more rational and open to dialogue than Hamas but they didn't go for it cause a possible peace would restrict their political desires. That's not what they want.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Every action has an equal and opposite reaction and Israel has created Hamas with their actions over the years. There was a chance for the peace with the Palestine Liberation Organization (El-Fetih) and Yaser Arafat which is more rational and open to dialogue than Hamas but they didn't go for it cause a possible peace would restrict their political desires. That's not what they want.
    So back to laying it all on Israel. Good to know.
    #BelieveInLindsey

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/22/wo...-conflict.html

Cease fire reached. Good but it won't last.

Nice to see the two sides still trash talking though.
    #BelieveInLindsey

Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Would you please stop saying this without including what exactly Israel has done to deserve your condemnation?

Arafat was offered the West Bank, Gaza, and most of Jerusalem. He refused and Palestinian suicide bombings continued. There is going to be less and less land for a Palestinian state the longer they hold out and rain terror into Israel.
    No Mediocrity

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    Would you please stop saying this without including what exactly Israel has done to deserve your condemnation?

Arafat was offered the West Bank, Gaza, and most of Jerusalem. He refused and Palestinian suicide bombings continued. There is going to be less and less land for a Palestinian state the longer they hold out and rain terror into Israel.
    Your attempts of laying it all at the feet of Palestine deserve no more consideration than the posts that lay it all at the feet of Israel. None of them are innocent in this war. If you refuse to see that then so be it.
    #BelieveInLindsey

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by GVC View Post
    If this is the level you have to stoop to, I wish you an expedient and horribly painful death. Seriously, go **** yourself.
    My apologies. That didn't come out anywhere near as intended (as a mockery of the board lately with a little of your "are you dense" flair). I was interrupted mid-thought by fighting kids and posted in haste.

Solutions are nice and neat. There is no solution. All we can do is direct and reduce the conflict. However, that won't happen if we are kidding ourselves about its source.l
    Chasing our tails around in circles isn't helping either.
    No Mediocrity

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Your attempts of laying it all at the feet of Palestine deserve no more consideration than the posts that lay it all at the feet of Israel. None of them are innocent in this war. If you refuse to see that then so be it.
    Speaking in generalities and playing the neutral card doesn't support or prove your point no matter how many times you claim as much. If you refuse to see that then so be it.
    No Mediocrity