Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rep Level
    If this exact team was coached by a better coach I can see the Jazz sitting on a record of 8-4...at least...
    #BelieveInLindsey

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoked View Post
    If this exact team was coached by a better coach I can see the Jazz sitting on a record of 8-4...at least...
    I agree. At the same time though, I can see Corbin getting a bit better with his coaching in the last few games.
    I just hope the trend continues.
    "If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Rep Level
    Jazz are overlooked almost every single year. Then by the end we hear "That's just what the Jazz do..."

For example, last year. The Jazz were regulated to basement dweller status last year. We were projected bottom 5 in the NBA by some. We finished 6 games above .500 and got the 8th seed...
    But that is not true.

Before 2011-12 season a panel of ESPN experts projected the Jazz to finish 12th. They were actually 8th (+4)
    Before 2010-11 season a panel of ESPN experts projected the Jazz to finish 7th. They were actually 11th (-4)
    Before 2009-10 season a panel of ESPN experts projected the Jazz to finish 6th. They were actually 5th (+1)
    Before 2008-9 season a panel of ESPN experts projected the Jazz to finish 4th. They were actually 8th (-4)

Only once in the last 4 seasons the Jazz significantly outperformed the expectations of the experts.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by YB85 View Post
    They are who we thought they where.
    For the three people who don't get it.....

X LIKE XENOPUS.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by doubledribble View Post
    But that is not true.

Before 2011-12 season a panel of ESPN experts projected the Jazz to finish 12th. They were actually 8th (+4)
    Before 2010-11 season a panel of ESPN experts projected the Jazz to finish 7th. They were actually 11th (-4)
    Before 2009-10 season a panel of ESPN experts projected the Jazz to finish 6th. They were actually 5th (+1)
    Before 2008-9 season a panel of ESPN experts projected the Jazz to finish 4th. They were actually 8th (-4)
    Good to know we went from all the experts and non Jazz NBA fans to just ESPN.
    #BelieveInLindsey

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSilencer1313 View Post
    I agree. At the same time though, I can see Corbin getting a bit better with his coaching in the last few games.
    I just hope the trend continues.
    I think that the Nawlins, Boston and Philly games were all winnable. That would make the Jazz 9-3 and the 3rd seed in the west right now.
    #BelieveInLindsey

Rep Level
    yeah, there's no reason to panic at all. 6-6 is actually a decent record given the quality of opponents and the home/road slate.

as of 1/12, the jazz will have played 23 road games and only 13 at home. if they're at .500 on the morning of january 13th, they're going to the playoffs for sure, as from that point forward they'll have 28 home games and just 18 road. more than likely, they'll be a bit under .500 on 1/13, but they'll have a huge schedule advantage from that points forward.
    check out the jazzbros.com blog for more on the jazz.

Rep Level
    I think that the Nawlins, Boston and Philly games were all winnable. That would make the Jazz 9-3 and the 3rd seed in the west right now.
    no team wins 100% of its winnable games. nobody. much less a fairly middling team like these jazz.
    check out the jazzbros.com blog for more on the jazz.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by theNBAnerd View Post
    yeah, there's no reason to panic at all. 6-6 is actually a decent record given the quality of opponents and the home/road slate.

as of 1/12, the jazz will have played 23 road games and only 13 at home. if they're at .500 on the morning of january 13th, they're going to the playoffs for sure, as from that point forward they'll have 28 home games and just 18 road. more than likely, they'll be a bit under .500 on 1/13, but they'll have a huge schedule advantage from that points forward.

Ding, ding. The Jazz are sitting pretty right now. The goal between now and 1/12 is .500 ball. Dominate at home, get better on the road. If the Jazz are .500 on 1/12, they will have a shot at a 4-5 seed. I say this, because if they are .500 in January, they will have learned to win on the road and will become a very dangerous team.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by theNBAnerd View Post
    no team wins 100% of its winnable games. nobody. much less a fairly middling team like these jazz.
    Obviously. However you are missing the point of my converstion in this thread. If you really want to know what it was then go back and read my posts. If not then that's cool to.
    #BelieveInLindsey

Rep Level
    Your argument has too many straw man. Who are these so called experts who predicted the jazz would finish 8th. Are they the same experts who last year predicted we would have the worst or 2nd worst record? Im disappointed because i want the young guys tobplay more. When we lose with the old guys I have no hope for the future. Give the young guys more time. Give me hope the jazz can compete for the championship.

Rep Level
    Your argument has too many straw man. Who are these so called experts who predicted the jazz would finish 8th. Are they the same experts who last year predicted we would have the worst or 2nd worst record? Im disappointed because i want the young guys tobplay more. When we lose with the old guys I have no hope for the future. Give the young guys more time. Give me hope the jazz can compete for the championship.

Rep Level
    I've got $20 that says doubledribble is a Houston Suckettes fan who is chafing under the realization that Lin and Asik are who we thought they were. That is, not worth the contracts his team paid them in a laughable moment of desperation post-Dwight gaga.

Quote Originally Posted by doubledribble View Post
    But that is not true.

Only once in the last 4 seasons the Jazz significantly outperformed the expectations of the experts.
    Youre quoting ESP****ingN as well as not mention the Sloan retirement and Dwill trade? Please delete your account

Rep Level
    We are losing games we shouldn't, and haven't won any games we didn't expect to. It's early yet, but it's been disappointing.
    We played well against the Lakers, and Rockets, but that was at home, and they were both tired teams missing stars.

Hopefully, we'll cream the Kings at home, and then crush them again in their arena.
    "Hayward can be a #1?"......"Maybe if he goes down to Fort Wayne...DLeague" -ESPN

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolution 9 View Post
    We are losing games we shouldn't, and haven't won any games we didn't expect to. It's early yet, but it's been disappointing.
    We played well against the Lakers, and Rockets, but that was at home, and they were both tired teams missing stars.

Hopefully, we'll cream the Kings at home, and then crush them again in their arena.
    The opener against Dallas, at home, was a good game as well.
    #BelieveInLindsey