Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

Grantland Article about how chuckers are valuable to their respective teams, mentions Al Jefferson

Al Jefferson

A fascinating case of searching for balance. Utah last season sported a great offense and a porous defense, mirroring the game of its highest-paid player. Utah's defense was off-the-charts better when Jefferson sat, but the bench-heavy units that held opponents down scored at laughably low rates; low-usage players such as Derrick Favors, Earl Watson, Enes Kanter, and others were stretched too far.

But Jefferson's post game is literally the hub of Utah's offense. He shoots a decent percentage and never turns over the ball, and many of Utah's pet sets involve sending cutters around Jefferson post-ups on the left side.

What would happen to Utah's offense if the Jazz let him walk in free agency this summer, re-signed Paul Millsap as their new hub, and built around a Favors-Millsap starting front line? Millsap has generally performed quite well without Jefferson, per NBA.com, but would that hold up? What if Gordon Hayward or Alec Burks, the latter on the fringes of Ty Corbin's rotation, made a leap? What if Favors developed a more controlled post game?

For now, Corbin is working with what he has, and that means mixing and matching his big men including starting all three of Millsap, Favors, and Jefferson in recent games to find the ideal two-way synergy.
    more here: http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...chuckers-squad

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Why Pau Gasol is on that list?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Not surprised this article gets virtually zero play on JF.

I thought this was a particularly relevant article to the future of our team. But, there cannot be a future until Al Jefferson is destroyed, right?
    "I'm a moron for thinking the Browns could even sniff 10 wins in a division where the other three teams (two of whom almost always make the playoffs) made the post-season last year. Gyp Rosetti's thee God of football knowledge." - Brown Notes

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    a jefferson loss could be nullified on offense by instituting a offensive system.

i still think "defensive gain" >>> "potential offensive loss"

al Jefferson is a nice guy of the court.
    problem is he also takes the niceness with him once the game starts.

i wish him al the best although i dont have to cus he is a multi millionaire.
    i wish him all the best.
    but i love the jazz and he needs to go.
    01-21-2013
    I, HeavenHarris, hereby pledge to my fellow JFC'rs that I will no longer give out neg-reps. All it does is cause negative things, like fights, drama, bitching, ill will, bad feelings, etc.
    Love, not hate, is the answer bros and moes.

LOL Lol breaks his pledge 5 days later hahahaha

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by bovice View Post
    ....EXCELLENT find! Perhaps the BEST NBA article I've read in the last 10 years...maybe longer!

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    What I took from that as far as our team is concerned is that we need another alpha dog to pair with Al, or possibly pull him off the bench to maximize his talents. Obviously packaging him with other assets for a better player would be good too.
    "I'm a moron for thinking the Browns could even sniff 10 wins in a division where the other three teams (two of whom almost always make the playoffs) made the post-season last year. Gyp Rosetti's thee God of football knowledge." - Brown Notes

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    With Al gone more shots for Favors and Kanter possibly matching ALS output.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown Notes View Post
    What I took from that as far as our team is concerned is ......
    .......the Jazz and the entire NBA has gone to hell and a hand basket!

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I would LOVE to have Al resign with the Jazz...

For 8 million a year and a role coming off the bench. Other than that, I say, "no thanks."

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by green View Post
    For 8 million a year and a role coming off the bench. Other than that, I say, "no thanks."
    That is not a bad idea, but no way he would agree.

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Remember last season when Al Jefferson missed a few games and we won just about every one of them, with little drop off offensively?

Al Jefferson is a great individual offensive player, but he does not make his teammates better offensively (which seems to be the premise of this topic). Hell, look at what happened to Hayward when he got to come off the bench.