Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

SI.com article: Tough decisions await Jazz with their talented quartet of big men

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Having too many big men rules.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I agree they trade jefferson. His defense is actually a liability. He is perhaps the very worst interior defender in the leagีe. He makes up for it with rebounding, but he's not only a bad defender, he's undersized (barely 6 10....and really its 6 9 and change). IF Kanter were further along the decision would be easy.

But the ripples are felt through the roster. Hayward is really a three, who is adapting to the two. Truth is, stats wise, Hayward can be a number one option,. He has scored well when given that chance (small sample though). But moving Jeff frees up Hayward to play the three and gets alec burks off the bench. HE's a first round pick who looked great in summer league. He should be getting minutes. Corbin isnt my favorite coach however.......which should be noted. He really needs to limit Jeff some and play Favors already in a front line with Hayward and Milsap. Small ball, Karl does it all the time, among many others. Because Jeff sucks so bad defensively, this wouldnt be bad. Favors can rebound plenty well, as can milsap.
    2014CurrentDraftChampion

2014AllTimeDraftRunner-Up

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    If Lindsey is truly allowed to do his job and uses the metrics I think he uses, Jefferson will either be traded or walk away at season's end.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    things would be better with only kanter and favors leading the team as bigman. millsap and jefferson look too talented compared to them on offense, but game experience will cover it up. especially for kanter. the problem with kanter and favors on the floor is, they usually bump into each other on rebounds. kanter can't jump high as favors, so usually he is the one who gets the ball. but they have to learn to play together, learn their spots, areas etc.
    David Locke: "Because what happens in this league is, people start shooting threes and they get soft and donít want contact and then they just stay out there all the time. Youíre not going to get soft, are you?"
    Enes Kanter: "I kind of live in the paint, man. Come on. I wonít get soft. Donít worry about that."

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    If Lindsey is truly allowed to do his job and uses the metrics I think he uses, Jefferson will either be traded or walk away at season's end.
    I'm still sticking to my two-year old prediction. They'd rather have the space than take on a bad contract in order to trade him.
    #dumptruckin

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Awesome Sig, PKM. Repped.
    ___#! Rudy Fan___
    [size/HUGE] RUDY [/size]

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    .....no tough decision at all! Whoever is making the most money, dump him!

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by carolinajazz View Post
    .....no tough decision at all! Whoever is making the most money, dump him!
    tha's the right attitude
    David Locke: "Because what happens in this league is, people start shooting threes and they get soft and donít want contact and then they just stay out there all the time. Youíre not going to get soft, are you?"
    Enes Kanter: "I kind of live in the paint, man. Come on. I wonít get soft. Donít worry about that."

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I feel like just about every NBA analyst so far has written about our 'working, yet not working' logjam.
    http://jazzfanz.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1889&dateline=1332058703

I'm jus' one dem guys...come, scrap, blue collar, junkyard dog
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    What metrics are those?
    http://jazzfanz.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=133&dateline=1317382587

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I think the Jazz will take offers on both Millsap and Jefferson and see which one fetches better trade value. You could also see the Jazz re-sign both Jefferson and Millsap to hold them as trade chips. Overall, however, I think the Jazz could trade Jefferson or lose him and suffer the least. Both Kanter and Favors can play center and produce at both ends. Neither is quite ready to take over for Jefferson, but if a decent offer came in for Jefferson that brought in a young wing or guard, the Jazz would come out ahead by making the deal.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    There is about a 80% chance Jefferson makes it through the year; but then he's gone. It's glaringly obvious that The Jazz will not make it to the next level with him as the centerpiece of their offense while dragging down their defense. Jazz will quickly lose interest in any kind of bidding war.

Jefferson would be more than happy to play for Charlotte or NOH or Cleveland, collect his 12+ mil and never win a thing.

On the other hand Millsap will re-sign with a contract that few of us will be comfortable with - a la Matt Harpring or Memo

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by addictionary View Post
    tha's the right attitude
    ..if the Jazz front office was smart they wouldn't resign either clown for the money they expect to get. The Jazz are NOT going any further with these guys than they are now......so why not save the money and build through the draft? If your not going to win with the guy, why dump so much salary cap trump on him for no viable return?

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by GVC View Post
    What metrics are those?
    The ones the previous Jazz brass haven't used.