Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 161
  1. #121
    Senior Member The Thriller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    On the Booz Cruise
    Posts
    8,688
    Rep Power
    40
    I think a lot of this can and should be blamed on coaching.

    We just have no identity. Hence, why some guys go off and then other times they're invisible. if we had a dependable and consistent offensive identity, guys would know what their roles were, what to expect, and what to execute.

    We don't. What exactly is Hayward's role? What is Millsap's? Favor's? Does anyone know?

    If these guys knew what their roles were, what the go to plays were, and what to do in crunch time, we wouldn't see these inconsistent performances.
    Corbin sucks.

  2. #122
    Senior Member JimLes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Calgary, Canada
    Posts
    1,081
    Rep Power
    21
    I'd just like to point out that even our 2003-04 team, which featured such legendary scrubs as pictured below, managed to win just over a third of their games on the road. And somehow the current bunch can't seem to do that? Again, look at the guys below. Right now, the team the Jazz have are looking to match their record that year.


  3. #123
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,255
    Rep Power
    0
    Promoting a head coach from within was really stupid.

  4. #124
    Senior Member m3at's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    504
    Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by JimLes View Post
    I'd just like to point out that even our 2003-04 team, which featured such legendary scrubs as pictured below, managed to win just over a third of their games on the road. And somehow the current bunch can't seem to do that? Again, look at the guys below. Right now, the team the Jazz have are looking to match their record that year.

    2003/04 team had some great character/leadership type of guys. Harp and Bell at the time were probably the guys that set the tone of the team and each game. I don't see anyone on the current roster with that mean/tough guy streak in them like Bell and Harp had.

  5. #125
    In pursuit of #9 PKM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    43,947
    Rep Power
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by The Norm View Post
    Promoting a head coach from within was really stupid.
    Almost always is ..
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

    The confusion...

    ---
    Pre-season mock (7/13/13) - page 111

  6. #126
    Senior Member The Thriller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    On the Booz Cruise
    Posts
    8,688
    Rep Power
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by m3at View Post
    I want to see us take on the identity of the 80's Pistons.
    What's funny, is that everybody knew their roles on that time.

    Rodman knew what his role was going to be on the road and at home.

    Our guys?

    What is Hayward? A 3 point shooter? A slasher? A fast break specialist? A shot creator? A mid-range jumpshooter?

    What is Favors? Are we going to involve him in the P&R? Can Marvin post up? Why isn't Millsap involved much? Why Is Foye trying to drive (he can't, right?)?

    Who is our go to man? Big Al? Millsap? Where are we posting these guys up? Sometimes I see them at the top of the key and other times on the block. When times are rough, where do we want these guys to get the ball? I always knew what was coming when Stockton and Malone were on this team...

    What is our offense? I just... Don't see much cohesion or strategy. No identity whatsoever. We literally, look like the Kings at times. Which is so scary.

    What the hell is our identity? When we need points, where and who and what are we going to do? When we need leadership, who is going to lead? When the chips are down, who is our go to leader franchise guy? We're a few years into this experiment and I have no clue even now!

    Millsap? Jefferson? Hayward? Favors? Burks? Foye? Williams?

    Who is our leader, franchise, go to scorer guy?
    Corbin sucks.

  7. #127
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    8,296
    Rep Power
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by JimLes View Post
    I'd just like to point out that even our 2003-04 team, which featured such legendary scrubs as pictured below, managed to win just over a third of their games on the road. And somehow the current bunch can't seem to do that? Again, look at the guys below. Right now, the team the Jazz have are looking to match their record that year.

    well isnt that mo williams?
    and ak?
    and harp
    2 all stars right there and harp was a near all star once.
    also the legendary collins and ostertag. any of those 2 i would take over jefferson
    01-21-2013
    I, HeavenHarris, hereby pledge to my fellow JFC'rs that I will no longer give out neg-reps. All it does is cause negative things, like fights, drama, bitching, ill will, bad feelings, etc.
    Love, not hate, is the answer bros and moes.

    LOL Lol breaks his pledge 5 days later hahahaha

  8. #128
    Senior Member JJAS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,997
    Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by JimLes View Post
    I'd just like to point out that even our 2003-04 team, which featured such legendary scrubs as pictured below, managed to win just over a third of their games on the road. And somehow the current bunch can't seem to do that? Again, look at the guys below. Right now, the team the Jazz have are looking to match their record that year.

    Decent defensive players on this team (Arroyo, Bell, Harpring, AK, and 00). If you play with energy, trust the pass, rebound the ball, and defend, you can be a fringe Playoff team even with limited offense. Al Jefferson's defense tonight was disgraceful, and Corbin is a shmuck for allowing him to stay on the floor as Al let player after player shoot uncontested shots.

  9. #129
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    1,998
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by The Thriller View Post
    I think a lot of this can and should be blamed on coaching.

    We just have no identity. Hence, why some guys go off and then other times they're invisible. if we had a dependable and consistent offensive identity, guys would know what their roles were, what to expect, and what to execute.

    We don't. What exactly is Hayward's role? What is Millsap's? Favor's? Does anyone know?

    If these guys knew what their roles were, what the go to plays were, and what to do in crunch time, we wouldn't see these inconsistent performances.
    I know we don't completely agree on Corbin but I understand what your saying. I think what your looking for is a legit go to All Star. We don't have one... We have borderline stars and a team that anyone can take over each game. To me, we will have to win on the defensive end if this is the case like the Pistons did with Wallace in the middle.

    We've had some close road games an just think if we were 4-5 vs 2-7... All the sudden we are a top of the west or close. Two game difference an that will bite is later in the season. We HAVE to win at home until we get those road games worked out, if they can.

  10. #130
    Senior Member JimLes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Calgary, Canada
    Posts
    1,081
    Rep Power
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by JJAS View Post
    Decent defensive players on this team (Arroyo, Bell, Harpring, AK, and 00). If you play with energy, trust the pass, rebound the ball, and defend, you can be a fringe Playoff team even with limited offense. Al Jefferson's defense tonight was disgraceful, and Corbin is a shmuck for allowing him to stay on the floor as Al let player after player shoot uncontested shots.
    That's my point. Jefferson can apparently take the night off on defense because of 5-6 push shots he hits a game. As if scoring's been the real issue with this team, or as if scoring could ever be an issue against this Sacramento team.

    At this point, I'd take Michael Ruffin over Jefferson. Forget his 15 points a game. Someone else can do that.

  11. #131
    In pursuit of #9 PKM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    43,947
    Rep Power
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by Cope View Post
    I know we don't completely agree on Corbin but I understand what your saying. I think what your looking for is a legit go to All Star. We don't have one... We have borderline stars and a team that anyone can take over each game. To me, we will have to win on the defensive end if this is the case like the Pistons did with Wallace in the middle.

    We've had some close road games an just think if we were 4-5 vs 2-7... All the sudden we are a top of the west or close. Two game difference an that will bite is later in the season. We HAVE to win at home until we get those road games worked out, if they can.
    I think what Thriller is looking for is an identifiable team defense, offense, leader, strategy .. even if you're fielding middle school kids they can run a play that has recognizable form.
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

    The confusion...

    ---
    Pre-season mock (7/13/13) - page 111

  12. #132
    Senior Member Ellipse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,573
    Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by JimLes View Post
    That's my point. Jefferson can apparently take the night off on defense because of 5-6 push shots he hits a game. As if scoring's been the real issue with this team, or as if scoring could ever be an issue against this Sacramento team.

    At this point, I'd take Michael Ruffin over Jefferson. Forget his 15 points a game. Someone else can do that.
    As we saw tonight, we can't depend on others to pick up Jefferson's scoring. Jefferson didn't lose this game tonight; Millsap, Hayward, and Favors did, with help from Williams and Carrol.

  13. #133
    Senior Member Weezur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,316
    Rep Power
    24
    I'm finding a hard time blaming someone in particular for this loss. Everybody sucked tonight. The only players who I thought had good games were Watson and Kanter. Foye kept the Jazz in the 1st quarter but got man-handled by Tyreke + missed crucial free-throws. Everyone sucked today.

  14.  

     

  15. #134
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    1,998
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellipse View Post
    As we saw tonight, we can't depend on others to pick up Jefferson's scoring. Jefferson didn't lose this game tonight; Millsap, Hayward, and Favors did, with help from Williams and Carrol.
    Jefferson to me was one of the main reasons. 14 points on 16 shots and bad bad defense. I can think of two offensive possessions right off that lead to turnovers. One he held the ball for 12 seconds then realized the clock was running g out an threw it up and another on defense Favors bailed him out to only have Al not go after the rebound and he kings got it back.

    Not to say others were to blame (Hayward and Mansap) but Al was one of the keys to this loss

  16. #135
    Senior Member Mission Accomplished's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Dirty O Town
    Posts
    1,350
    Rep Power
    13
    Hayward and Jefferson should Hayward been pulled one for no D and the other for shooting too much. Poor coaching. If we don't move someone like big al how are we going to allow others to learn how to take end of game shots
    To quote George "W" "For every fatal shooting, there were roughly three non-fatal shootings. And, folks, this is unacceptable in America. It's just unacceptable. And we're going to do something about it." --Philadelphia, Penn., May 14, 2001

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •