Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    So glad we lost. Hopefully we lose the upcoming Denver game. Then, the next three after that are on the road followed by a game vs. the Clips. Cross your fingers for 7-12 and changes being made.
    You think 7-12 would force management to reconsider Corbin as a head coach? I highly doubt it. And as long as Corbin is coaching the team, the Jazz will never build a contender. So, I'm hoping for a generally disastrous season so that we can move on to a team I can care about again.

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by SiroMar View Post
    You think 7-12 would force management to reconsider Corbin as a head coach? I highly doubt it. And as long as Corbin is coaching the team, the Jazz will never build a contender. So, I'm hoping for a generally disastrous season so that we can move on to a team I can care about again.
    No, if I'm being honest, I think we'd need to be sitting with a record around 14-25 but a man can hope, can't he?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I hope the Jazz lose 15 home games in a row so the Millers can demand that Corbin do something else or get fired. The tickets become super cheap, Burks and Favors start, the Jazz start winning, and we get a new coach next season. YAY!!!!!!!

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I hope the Jazz win 15 in a row so y'all will shut up.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    No, if I'm being honest, I think we'd need to be sitting with a record around 14-25 but a man can hope, can't he?
    Most likely we will be just average. Many teams sucks more than us and Corbin has to much talent (players) at this moment to suck big time.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by salo View Post
    al was poor but to be fair, even favors was woeful tonight. he's gotta stop with this goal-tending on continuations crap. dumb, dumb, dumb.
    atleast favors try to play defense if he sometimes does not suced so what
    al jefferson jsut stands there

actually he makes room for the opposing player. clearing a lane to the basket.
    even when he is in the position to take a charge he moves out of the way

screw jefferson
    01-21-2013
    I, HeavenHarris, hereby pledge to my fellow JFC'rs that I will no longer give out neg-reps. All it does is cause negative things, like fights, drama, bitching, ill will, bad feelings, etc.
    Love, not hate, is the answer bros and moes.

LOL Lol breaks his pledge 5 days later hahahaha

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by bjunior View Post
    Most likely we will be just average. Many teams sucks more than us and Corbin has to much talent (players) at this moment to suck big time.
    That is the biggest problem. The Jazz is now just another small market team who are happy being playoffs competitive as to keep the income coming without making any substantial changes or investments. I hope this is just a hiccup, and that the current management does have bigger long term aspirations. But I fear that the glory days of being a title-contender known for passion and ferocity are gone. And I really hope I'm wrong, because the Jazz are the only team in sports that I care about. It's like losing a friend you've known your whole life.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    That is the biggest problem. The Jazz is now just another small market team who are happy being playoffs competitive as to keep the income coming without making any substantial changes or investments. I hope this is just a hiccup, and that the current management does have bigger long term aspirations. But I fear that the glory days of being a title-contender known for passion and ferocity are gone. And I really hope I'm wrong, because the Jazz are the only team in sports that I care about. It's like losing a friend you've known your whole life.
    All of this.

As far as our future plans go, I'd say we can still have hope that the true youth movement will begin next year with all the other contracts coming off the books. I have to believe the FO isn't completely blind and is planning on letting most of these vets walk.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by The Norm View Post
    Promoting a head coach from within was really stupid.
    Not advocating Corbin, but Popovich canned George Hill and hired himself from within. He was 17-47 that season. (Tons of injuries)

Lots of empty seats to say business is good. Can't count how many times Hot Rod mentioned a sellout crowd. Locke hasn't had that opportunity. 2009 was 100% attendance for the season. Declined ever since.
    Chop it!!!

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    The excitement level is way down now that the reality is becoming clear. A Corbin/Al/Mo led team is pointless to get invested in.

People wet there pants over Foye hitting 4 long balls, but ignore all times he was abused on defense. Love Foye's offensive punch, but 30 mins is way too much.
    Where the hell is Burks? There is no plan for his development other than sitting, and watching this mess?
    Marvin is so streaky, and really only looks good at home. I'd limit his road mins, and look to give Burks or Carroll more time here.
    Sap for the first time since I can remember came back worse from the year before. No fire, no passion, he's going through the motions, and it shows.

How long must we struggle as our team leader Big Al watches people drive to the basket. When he left the game was there anyone else hoping it was more serious
    that it turned out to be?
    lack of identity, plain and simple.

KOC's stubborn insistence to play the long game with Jefferson (that is, refusing to trade him after his reason for bringing him to Utah had long evaporated) is just laughable. There are two young bigs that need experience right now. I've been chafing at this for so long that I'm starting to want both Al and Paul gone.

And, this Foye **** is just bonkers. Would anybody have bet that Burks WOULDN'T have a few rough spells during his first couple of years? No. He's a horse that you can't break the traditional way... I can see that from here.

I just can't see why the FO can't use the assets we have to get a PnR PG for **** sake. Favors and Kanter both need it. This Jefferson-low-block-hostage-ball is bad for everybody. Bless Hayward for giving it his best shot, but you've seen what moving to the bench has done for him. "The Bench"--that is, less minutes with Jeffy.

/venting
    Some of the best posts I've seen on this website in a long time.
    Lakers Suck.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellipse View Post
    As we saw tonight, we can't depend on others to pick up Jefferson's scoring. Jefferson didn't lose this game tonight; Millsap, Hayward, and Favors did, with help from Williams and Carrol.
    None of this would've mattered had the Jazz been able to defend. The Kings scored 93 points a game against all the other teams this year. They put up 105 a game in two games against the Jazz. That is a lot. That's a 12 point differential. The Kings aren't Showtime Lakers or something. They're quite easy to stop defensively. The only other teams to give up a 100 to them this year are the Lakers and the Pistons. One of those teams is just plain garbage, and the other one just got a coach who believes defense to be a dirty word.

It doesn't take a genius to stop DMC, but apparently, it doesn't take Corbin or Jefferson, either.