Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

Simple offensive adjustment that could win us a few more games

a simple offenseive adjustment that would increase the chances for a (3point) basket

simple offense adjustment.jpg
    if we are gonna run and force the offense trhough jefferson a tleast make this small adjusmtent
    Time and time again when Jefferson post's up jazz put the worse 3 point shooter on the side strong side of the court see picture.
    while the 3 best 3 point shooters are on weak side of the court. so the defender that doubles jefferson comes from the weakest 3 point shooter.

so yeah if Jefferson passes it out of the double team the ball goes to the weakest 3 point shooter who is wide open which does not make sense.
    so now the defender who needs to double team has to make a dessicion stay on the best 3 point shooter or double on jefferson.
    if he decides to stay on his man jefferson can go one on one. or the double team must come from somehwere the closest guy ussually Millsap on the weakside of the court. if jefferson shoots millsap can do what he does best. which is offensive rebound putback if jefferson misses it.

using this small adjusments saves the jazz from either jefferson jacking up a bad shot at the end of the shot clock. or have the ball in the hands of the worse 3 point shooter on the floor jacking it up while the shot clock expires.

jazz now have 3 point shooters(foye, marv williams, hayward and millsap)
    corbin USE THEM.

what do you guys think?
    am i missing something? is it understood what i mean?

this simple thing corbin refuses to see

EDIT : in short The drawing is what it is now. The adjustment is replace worse3 point shooter on floor with best
    Last edited by DutchJazzer; 11-24-2012 at 11:43 PM.
    01-21-2013
    I, HeavenHarris, hereby pledge to my fellow JFC'rs that I will no longer give out neg-reps. All it does is cause negative things, like fights, drama, bitching, ill will, bad feelings, etc.
    Love, not hate, is the answer bros and moes.

LOL Lol breaks his pledge 5 days later hahahaha

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    you're not the coach. I'm sure corbin see's all! /sarcasm

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    crap. jazz would never score with that set :P
    cus there is no basket in the drawing
    01-21-2013
    I, HeavenHarris, hereby pledge to my fellow JFC'rs that I will no longer give out neg-reps. All it does is cause negative things, like fights, drama, bitching, ill will, bad feelings, etc.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Milsap can't make a 3 pointer unless it's heroic.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Weezur View Post
    Milsap can't make a 3 pointer unless it's heroic.
    Isnt that the truth. Its like he is just messing with us.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    What I got out of this was Fire CORBIN, Start Burks & Favors.
    Life is like watching Fast and the Furious 6. It's not easy, most of the time it's just dumb and pointless, everything is fake, there is a lot of noise, but if you close your eyes and picture yourself in an open field or a quiet forest, you can maybe make it to the end without killing yourself.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    watching the games. there are more offensive adjusments plays corbin could do.
    but he is only interested in feeding jefferson and when jefferson is not on the floor all he is interested in is running the break

corbin has GOT TO GO
    01-21-2013

Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Another thing in that graphic is having a second big down low to pass to when the double team comes. I posted about this a few days back & Corbin immediately started bringing millsap in tighter. Good to see the Jazz listening to a genius again.
    No Mediocrity

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad Feldheimer View Post
    What I got out of this was Fire CORBIN, Start Burks & Favors.
    Another thing that illustration brought to life for me was that we need Favors and Hayward to get 28+ minutes or we lose.

The Jazz play the Kings back to back, and win when Favors plays 28 minutes grabs 9 offensive boards, 14 total, 2 blocks, 2 steals, 16 points, and 1 confidence.
    Hayward gets 30 minutes, 23 points, 1 block, 1 stl, 2 assists, 3 boards, and 1 confidence.

Game 2 loss -- Favors 16 minutes, Hayward 19 minutes, both get -1 confidence.

This is all because of coach, and has nothing to do with the fact that they were shooting bricks like Shaq at the FT line from all over the court.

Morale of the story...... FREE BURKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    TREYBOT

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by JazzSpazz View Post
    Another thing that illustration brought to life for me was that we need Favors and Hayward to get 28+ minutes or we lose.

The Jazz play the Kings back to back, and win when Favors plays 28 minutes grabs 9 offensive boards, 14 total, 2 blocks, 2 steals, 16 points, and 1 confidence.
    Hayward gets 30 minutes, 23 points, 1 block, 1 stl, 2 assists, 3 boards, and 1 confidence.

Game 2 loss -- Favors 16 minutes, Hayward 19 minutes, both get -1 confidence.

This is all because of coach, and has nothing to do with the fact that they were shooting bricks like Shaq at the FT line from all over the court.

Morale of the story...... FREE BURKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Lol.
    at least the vets were kicking but in those games!

Premium Member
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by DutchJazzer View Post
    a simple offenseive adjustment that would increase the chances for a (3point) basket

simple offense adjustment.jpg
    I reckon the idea is to swing the ball to our best shooters when helper comes to challenge the shot of the worst 3pt shooter. However, we play against so bad teams they don't rotate on defense too well and our super-genius plan backfires.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by zbone View Post
    I reckon the idea is to swing the ball to our best shooters when helper comes to challenge the shot of the worst 3pt shooter. However, we play against so bad teams they don't rotate on defense too well and our super-genius plan backfires.
    Well the helper doesn't always close out on the worst 3 point shooter, so there is no way to swing the ball around.

Fortunately, Tinsley finally hit a few the other night. But I have seen plenty of times when nobody closed out on him outside the 3 point line. In fact, they almost never close out on him.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
    Well the helper doesn't always close out on the worst 3 point shooter, so there is no way to swing the ball around.

Fortunately, Tinsley finally hit a few the other night. But I have seen plenty of times when nobody closed out on him outside the 3 point line. In fact, they almost never close out on him.
    That is exactly when one of the remaining 2 on the weak side should cut to the basket. If the one not at the baseline cuts to the basket right when they see nobody switches to Tinsley, and the one at the baseline moves to where the cutter came from either the cutter will have an open lane for a layup, or if there is confusion from the two remaining defenders and the other one stays low the one that slid up for the 3 should have an open look at the 3.

Either that or wait for Jeffersin to get triple teamed and watch him shoot it. If he is triple teamed we should easily get the offensive board, right?
    TREYBOT

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    That is exactly when one of the remaining 2 on the weak side should cut to the basket. If the one not at the baseline cuts to the basket right when they see nobody switches to Tinsley, and the one at the baseline moves to where the cutter came from either the cutter will have an open lane for a layup, or if there is confusion from the two remaining defenders and the other one stays low the one that slid up for the 3 should have an open look at the 3.

Either that or wait for Jeffersin to get triple teamed and watch him shoot it. If he is triple teamed we should easily get the offensive board, right?
    If Jefferson is double teamed in the paint, and there are 3 more defenders on the weak side (all guarding Jazz players), I don't think there will be too many easy layups coming from the weak side.

Anyone cutting from the weak side will be heading straight toward 2 defenders, plus his own defender will still be with him.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

That works if Al is willing to pass it back out with more than 2 seconds left on the clock. When Tinsley gets the ball back, all he has time to do is shoot.